“Nice Place When Plans Go Awry”

Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Ranked #34 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dallas, Texas
“Nice Place When Plans Go Awry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We unexpectedly stayed at the Sheraton Airport after we were bumped from our flight. It was late at night (almost 9pm) and we called for a reservation from the hotel phone at the airport. They had a room available and gave us a good rate considering it was last minute. Since we did not know what we were getting ourselves into (airport hotels horrors), we had an open mind. When we arrived via their hotel van, the front desk lady could not find our reservation and did not seem to have the energy to find it. My husband quickly enlisted another hotel staffer and she was quick to resolve the issue and get us into a room. The lobby was hopping with patrons and was inviting. Our room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. We ordered room service since we had not eaten and it quickly came which was a nice surprise. Although the food was not wonderful, it filled the void. Nice room amenities. We were set to be the first flight out the following day and had an early wake-up call. We checked out but then had to wait on the van driver 10 minutes to shuttle us back to the airport (he obviously needed his coffee to get him going). All-in-all, a good experience for an unplanned stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Jawzlyn,

First thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the room,and felt room service was very prompt. I do apologize you didn't have the best experience during the check-in process, and you waited longer than expectations for the departure shuttle.

We would appreciate an opportunity to serve you in the future, and show you every part of our operation shines.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I returned to Albuquerque after living there for several years. On this stay, I wanted a place that was a full service hotel, near the airport, and a great value. I found it at Sheraton Albuquerque AIrport Hotel. I paid a little extra to have access to the "Club Lounge" on the 15th floor which gave me complimentary light food, soda, and a lounge room to hang out in. It was nice. The remodeled rooms everyone has mentioned were OK, nothing special. However, the service was excellent all around. I purchased this off of hotwire.com and was assigned to this hotel. A nice stay all around.

Room Tip: Purchase the club lounge access on the 14th or 15th floor for $20 a night. Well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Raffi101:

Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel. We are certainly happy our staff provided excellent service. We strive to provide an exceptional experience and we obviously succeeded in doing so during your visit.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the future.

Hobbs, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

While training at the Albuqueruqe Sunport, I stayed at this hotel for almost 2 months. It was really nice. The staff was completely amazing and friendly the entire time and very helpful. The housekeeping was always on par and the property is very well kept. I would defintely stay here again on my next trip to ABQ.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Britteny103,

Thank you for the great review. Two months is a long time in a hotel and I am so happy the staff was able to make you feel at home and well taken care of. We hope you had some time to experience all that New Mexico has to offer during your stay. If not we hope you get an opportunity to return for pleasure.

Thank you for your business we appreciate it. Hope you have a great summer and are enjoying time home.

Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

The beds are SO comfortable and the service was awesome. The only thing that was terrible was there is no fridge in the rooms and no continental breakfast. Being on vacation, I spend alot of money eating out and I hate wasting food. Not having a fridge was a pet peeve. The restaurant has great food. Breakfast is something I think that is very important and when you are paying alot of money to stay somewhere, a continental breakfast should be included. Other than the obvious I stated, this place has been great.

• Stayed May 2013
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear LoveCushion,

First thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We appreciate your business. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. I certainly understand how expensive travel can be and I noted you mentioned being disappointed we don't have refrigerators in the rooms or a continental breakfast. We do have refrigerators available for a minimal fee, and we also have packages that include breakfast for a slight price increase.

In addition we do have our Sheraton Club Floor which and upgrade can be purchased and includes daily breakfast and evening appetizers. In addition there are snacks, fresh fruit and beverages provided 24 hours a day.

Again, we appreciate your business and we hope to serve you in the future.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was splendid. Excellent maid service was easy to contact. This hotel is onlu $348 per week and it was a four star! It had a splendid mall and I loved shopping with my hubby. Please come here!

Room Tip: Rooms pn the top of the hotel were more quieter. Goof choice if on a romantic night
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
MelissaB.,

We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and thought you received an excellent value. We appreciate you taking the time to give us positive feedback and tell others about your experience.

We hope we can serve you again in the future,

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I think the staff at the Albuquerque airport Sheraton were wonderful, helpful, courteous. I had breakfast early in my room because of a morning flight, and it was delicious. GOOD coffee they brought! The lighting in the room is lovely, including the bathroom. I had a great view of the city from a tenth floor window.They had a special rate, which made it a great deal. They also have a bar, which is a plus for me, so I could have a glass of wine before retiring to bed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kikibri
Kikibri,

First thank you for the excellent review and taking time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities we have to offer. Sheraton Albuquerque Airport staff take grade pride in provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

We have a great product and great team, and it sounds like they were able to truly provide you with the service we have come to be know for. Next time you are in town, I would urge you to try our Sheraton Club Floor as the views on this floor are even more spectacular. In addition we offer a hot breakfast and evening snacks. Also we have many top rated 90+wines we offer during our Sheraton Social Hour.

Again thank you for taking the time to review our service,

California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We booked this hotel because we were leaving on an 830 flight in the morning. We checked into our room around 945 and got ready for bed. The room itself was clean and beautifully decorated. We were asleep around 11:00. At about 1230 am a man checked into the room next to us which happened to have a door as an adjoining room, which you rarely see anymore. He proceeded to blast his radio and sing, ordered room service and then slammed some closet doors and watched a very loud tv. He might as well have been inside our room because thats how loud everything was. So what I guess I'm saying is the walls are like paper. We called down and finally around 1:30 he turned the tv off. Even when the room service was delivered I could here clearly the entire conversation between them. Apparently he didn't have any cash to tip the guy and the server said thats ok several times. I guess the fault of the hotel would be if someone is checking in that late put him in a room with no one else on either side!! The free airport shuttle was convenient and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lablover99
Ivan A, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Lablover99 – We appreciate the cleanliness comments that you provide, but are very concerned with the restless night that you encountered. I apologize for the inconvenience you incurred during your stay due to the noise levels from the adjoining room. We will address the sound proofing of our rooms with adjoining doors with our engineering team in an effort to abate noise issues as you have conveyed to us. I would ask that you contact me personally to attend to your next visit with us to best accommodate your needs and do all possible to allow for a restful night’s sleep. Best Regards, Ryan Platow – Director of Operations.