“Clean and convenient to Airport but THIN Walls”

Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Ranked #34 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We booked this hotel because we were leaving on an 830 flight in the morning. We checked into our room around 945 and got ready for bed. The room itself was clean and beautifully decorated. We were asleep around 11:00. At about 1230 am a man checked into the room next to us which happened to have a door as an adjoining room, which you rarely see anymore. He proceeded to blast his radio and sing, ordered room service and then slammed some closet doors and watched a very loud tv. He might as well have been inside our room because thats how loud everything was. So what I guess I'm saying is the walls are like paper. We called down and finally around 1:30 he turned the tv off. Even when the room service was delivered I could here clearly the entire conversation between them. Apparently he didn't have any cash to tip the guy and the server said thats ok several times. I guess the fault of the hotel would be if someone is checking in that late put him in a room with no one else on either side!! The free airport shuttle was convenient and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lablover99
Ivan A, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Lablover99 – We appreciate the cleanliness comments that you provide, but are very concerned with the restless night that you encountered. I apologize for the inconvenience you incurred during your stay due to the noise levels from the adjoining room. We will address the sound proofing of our rooms with adjoining doors with our engineering team in an effort to abate noise issues as you have conveyed to us. I would ask that you contact me personally to attend to your next visit with us to best accommodate your needs and do all possible to allow for a restful night’s sleep. Best Regards, Ryan Platow – Director of Operations.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here on our last night in New Mexico before our flight back to the east coast. It was a good experience, the staff was friendly and sold in their roles and efforts to deliver a quality hospitality experience. It was a sharp contrast to the Sheraton up down,which was a great disappointment, if you need to choose pick the Sheraton Airport.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Christopher E - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our property. It is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback from guests who have stayed with us and to know that the level of service provided and quality of our product resulted in a good experience. We hope to open our doors to you again in the future. Best regards, Ryan Platow – Director of Operations

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am in town for a conference, and decided to stay an extra day here in Albuquerque. Mostly because of the affordable price, I decided to book at this hotel.

As a college student without a credit-card, I usually am apprehensive to book because of most hotels EXTREMELY outrageous "security deposit." Since I have a debit card, I wanted to avoid a bank hold on my checking account. No worries, because this hotel was happy to accommodate.

I opted to leave a cash deposit, and then upon checkout received my cash back (minus the delicious room service I found hard to resist.) Not only was my stay comfortable and relaxed, the style of the room room was modern and accommodating to my needs.

Additionally, I'd like to commend the kind staff, specifically Lindsay and Raquel from the front desk for making my stay as stressless as humanly possible.

I feel like those who complained about their stay here either experienced some sort of isolated incident, or those people who get mad at the police for pulling them over for speeding. Follow the rules, be knowledgeable of reservation policies and be courteous. If you do this, you'll have as good of an experience as I did.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

davidleeWATTA - It is always great to here from guests that have had pleasurable experiences at our hotel. We strive to meet the needs of guests to which we will celebrate the success of your stay with our staff as well as the individuals that you took the time to make special mention of. Thank you, Ryan Platow – Director of Operations.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Coming back from a Christmas skiing trip stayed at the Sheraton near the airport for a night to catch a flight the next morning. Staff was friendly, picked me up from the airport car rental return with a very quick response. Hotel was clean, had a good atmosphere. Rooms were comfortable and clean with solid quality bathrooms. Not as nice as the airport Hilton rooms but solid. Breakfast was painfully slow; we thought we had plenty of time but it was very slow and some of the food was average. It worked and was comfortable enough for what we used it for but would not go out of my way to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Jonlj - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your experience at our hotel. Though we continuously strive to meet our guest’s needs, we in your case fell short of this goal. Since your stay back during the Holiday Season, we have undergone some positive changes in areas that were mentioned in your review that did not hit the mark. I would like to offer my personal service if the opportunity finds you out this way in the future to attend to your reservation and needs if you were to give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me at ryan.platow@sheratonabqairport.com to make your arrangements. Best Regards, Ryan Platow –Director of Operations.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had prepaid for a room and due to a medical condition had to postpone my travel for two days and wanted to change the booking. they refused to do it and then to add to the injury the guest services would not even return a telephone call(5 times) . He had emailed me but when I replied to his email it bounced back.
I have stayed at this hotel every time I travel early but I can assure them I will never stay at any Sheraton again. You all can thank Ivan for this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Jim,

First I apologize for the issues you experienced. I also hope your health issues have been resolved. I would like to get some additional information so I can address the issues you experienced

I understand Ivan emailed you and your email bounced back. I believe he had stated he was willing to work with you on the issue in the email correct? Unfortunately our email went down for about a 48 hour period due to some technical issues I do apologize your email was returned. .

We would like to address this situation with you and assure your satisfaction, as well as see if there is anything we can do to retain you as a customer. Please feel free to contact me directly at dave.eisenbraun@sheratonabqairport.com and I would be happy to discuss a resolution with you.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

From the moment I walked into the lobby I was greeted and treated like I mattered. Everyone was kind and helpful. Check-in was fast and easy. My suite was lovely, I was on the twelfth floor and the view of the city lights were beautiful. Room service was fast and delicious. Mmm Good green chili enchiladas. The bed was very comfortable. The room was spotless and smelled nice. Shuttle service to the airport was a smooth easy transition. But what stood out for me the most was the kindness, helpfulness and efficiency of the staff. Everyone was friendly and outgoing even late at night. This will be the place I stay when in Alb. Thank you to everyone for making my stay lovely. This was the highlight of my trip to New Mexico.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Hello, TravelgalMT:

Thank you for the positive review of our property. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

It is always great to hear our associates provided our guest with an exceptional experience and provided a warm, welcoming atmosphere. I concur on the green chili enchiladas they are my favorite.

We hope we get an opportunity to be of service in the future and thank you again for your comments about your stay.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Based here for three night stay in Albuquerque. Check in efficient. Room clean but basic. Lack of room safe a big negative, particularly as hotel main safe out of order. All staff very helpful but quality of food in restaurants was grim. Great margaritas though in lobby bar!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Hello Ritchie S,

First thank you for your feedback about your stay. We appreciate hearing both the positive comments as well as constructive feedback. This just enables us to improve our products a services.

I would like to ask for further detail, regarding the hotel safe as we do have safety deposit boxes available to our guests so I am curious if you were given the wrong information and would like to correct this with the staff. In addition I would like discuss your experience regarding the food quality and get more detail as to the date, meal period and menu selection.

Ultimately, I want to be able to provide information to our staff to improve. In addition, I want to find a resolution which is 100% satisfactory to you. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at dave.eisenbraun@sheratonabqairport.com to discuss this further.

Again thank you for providing us with your comments.