“Expensive restaurant”

Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Ranked #37 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The restaurant is very expensive and they do not give discount for flight cres unless you are with Southwest Airlines. Service was very slow as well.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here for one night when my flight was cancelled. Since we had to get up at 2:00 am for our rearranged flight, we couldn't enjoy the hotel as fully as we might have done, but it was very comfortable, with amazing rooms and friendly and efficient staff. The restaurant served good food and the bar had a good range of beers on offer. I would like to come back here another time when I am in less of a rush!

Room Tip: For an airport hotel the rooms are very quiet, so I am not aware of any useful tips on choosing a pa...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is a newer property, remodeled in the past year. It is within walking distance of the airport and economy parking. The staff is pleasant and helpful.
The rooms are fresh and well appointed....one of my favorite airport hotels...and the views are free.

Room Tip: there is always a little bit of aircraft noise this close to the airport...but it isn't a major...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank traveledbefore
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Airport hotel, ugh! Well, this one does it better. I give it 5 stars for its service, rooms, and price combined. I have not seen an airport hotel that gives such value. Checkin was super courteous and friendly, and the doorman gave a short, clear explanation on how to get the Sheraton shuttle van to the airport early the next morning. Nice, big, comfortable bed.

Got a Starwood Platinum upgrade, which was nice, but I am sure all the rooms are fine. We also ate at their dining room; the waiter did his job perfectly, and the food was very good. The only minor quibble is that the decor of the dining room is somewhat bland.

Overall, a really nice stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WondersOfThePlanet
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Tonight is my last night and I went to enjoy the food and view in the club room with my family. I was taken aside and politely informed I would only be allowed to visit the club lounge once that evening.

It was my understanding that Club Lounge access was unlimited when purchased.

When I asked for the manager’s name I was told it was Chef Mark who had adopted this policy.
It was explained to me that his food costs were high and people were sneaking in. This certainly is not my problem as I paid for this amenity.

If you are going to change your policies you should do so formally and not in the middle of someone’s stay as it is very rude and not good customer service.

Rebecca Mode

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ishaisha
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed with my wife recently for one night prior to departure from ABQ. This hotel is quite large, but didn't feel overly crowded. It is a typical Sheraton, clean, comfortable, etc. The front desk greeted us cheerfully, and provided an upgrade to the club floor. The room was great, and I did not hear any airplanes, even though it is located very close to the airport. The staff was very friendly overall, and this is a good place to spend one night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

At check in Albert was very nice and told us about the new policy for the gold club. We had a room on the club level. Nancy was great Very good food for breakfast. Right off of I-25 and close to I-40 Hotel had wi-fi and flat screen TV. Room was great

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family