“Excellent renovation.. Convenient. Location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel

Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Ranked #34 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Long Beach, California
“Excellent renovation.. Convenient. Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We are SPG members and have been waiting for the property to be come avaiilable since we stay in Albq often. We had a room on the 15th floor club level .., wonderful view.. We could see the hit air balloons in the distance.! Room was extremely nice.. Great bed , furniture , lighting ,shower, and wifi.. The club lounge breakfast was a welcome addition..Very nice staff!
Stayed with points... Will stay again!!

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

The last night of our New Mexico vacation was spent at the Sheraton Albquerque Airport Hotel. The room was very spacious, clean and well decorated, good size bathroom with the sink separate from the shower/toilet which makes so much more convenient when trying to get ready. It was extremely quiet. We were a stones throw from the airport and never heard a plane the entire time we were there. The staff was very courteous and very helpful. I lost money in the vending machine trying to buy some pop, and called for assistance they responded to my problem and had an emplyee there to help in 10 min. since they don't own the machines, he could not give me my money back but he offered bottled water to us instead, which was great customer service. The beds were awesome and we had the best nights sleep of our entire vacation. Highly recommended. Thanks Sheraton!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

We arrived late after a long flight and were tired. We were greeted at the door by members of the staff. They offered help with our luggage, which we gladly excepted, they took our luggage to our room for us. Check in took about five minutes maybe. We then proceeded to the lounge area to have a drink and unwind. When we went up to our room later, our luggage was nicely set out and the room was gorgeous. Our bed was so COMFORTABLE! We stayed here upon arrival and departure from ABQ and both stays exceeded our expectations. They also have room service and a 24 hour free shuttle. Parking is free as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

Stayed here on the advice of other reviews, but I am so far unimpressed. They gave away the room they had promised me which a front desk staff member had blocked for me the week prior to my stay. I reconfirmed it the night before I left and told them I would be arriving extremely late. Pros: The rooms are modernized with nice bedding although the bathroom is a bit small. The internet in the business center is slow. As another reviewer stated, the staff needs some work. They were very unpleasant to me upon my very late arrival. I will go back to my other local hotel next year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank debbiejo
Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

This hotel is awesome. It is really classy. We got a very low rate on priceline name your own price, but I think the rate is generally low. The room was one of the nicest I've ever seen with a modern set up, beautiful TV, ducted air, beautiful wood furniture, Starbucks coffee in the room, free internet, and more.

Everyone is friendly and helpful. The restaurant is nice. Good food at a reasonable price. The pool is one of the best I've seen. Clean, nice relaxing atmosphere. Big pool. Great for family. The lobby has a nice store.

The room was flawless. Bed extremely comfortable. Parking free. Try and get up on the top floors. We were on the 11th and had a beautiful view of the entire airport and the mountains as well.

Room Tip: Get a 11th floor room on the airport side. Beautiful view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

I don't generally hold out high hopes for airport hotels but the Sheraton Albuquerque may have altered my perceptions forever.

The hotel is located within minutes from the airport and if you are the adventurous type you can even take a 5 minute walk from the terminal t the hotel. I would only advise this if you have little or no luggage though.

Upon entering the hotel you are almost immediately face by the front deak , though with its modern styling it's more like a check in station as there are two computers per station or pod and not much else. The check-in experience was smooth and even though my reservation was wrong ( they had me down for one night and not four) they fixed it immediately.

The rooms are nicely appointed and a pleasant surprise. The entryway has a laminate wood floor that extends to the bathroom vanity and there is a sleek glass topped work desk facing the door and still allows television viewing.
I was attending a conference and the facilities and food were very good overall and perfect for a mid-size meeting.

There is a hotel restaurant where I had dinner one night. My host and I ordered the N.Y,. Strip steak and after a long wait the waiter informed us that the beef wasn't ready yet and offered us the Filet Mignon for the same price, It was excellent!

If you don't want to eat in the hotel and are looking for a little more value there are a few restaurants about a quarter-mile away ranging from the Waffle House, Village Inn, Fuddruckers and Applebees.

The hotel provides a free shuttle service that is available all day and it is very efficient as I waited just a few minutes for a ride in both directions.

There were a few negatives but they were relatively minor.

The elevators are very slow especially at peak times when the hotel is crowded. With only two elevators wait times can stretch out considerably.

While internet access is available and free in the room that isn't the case in the lobby/meeting area. There are several computers available for guests to use in the lobby but don't bother bringing your own laptop unless you plan to be there for less than 45 minutes. Also access expires every 24 hours requiring validation every day.

The most serious problem is that the room door rarely ever closed all the way on its own. It often needed a pull or push. I was not the only one who experienced this curious problem, but it is potentially serious if not addressed.

Overall the hotel was very good with friendly staff and good service and I would easily stay here again the next time I come to Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Get a club level upgrade if they are full otherwise.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Travel4Less
Silver City, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel has gone through a lot of changes over the years and the Sheraton is a new name in a long list of names this hotel has carried over the past years. I know it takes time to "iron out" crinkles in check in and check out processes, but they have had it under their name now for more than a year and their staff still are not trained or they just have high turnover. It is crazy behind their desk and no one really knows what is going on. There were a couple of large groups using the facility as a convention center and they just were not equiped to handle everyone's needs...they wanted to and tried, but they lacked the training. There were more than 10 parties checking out that I observed all had problems with the rates they were charged or with their bill in someway, etc. I was one of those parties. It took them more than 45 minutes to straighten my bill out. I could overhear many complaints, especially with rates and extra charges people incurred when booking through other services not directly with the hotel.

The rooms were remodeled since last year and were certainly up to the highest standards. The rooms, AC, etc. were all nice. We had three rooms in our group.

We dined at the restaurant only once and that was enough....not because of the quality of the food but the waitstaff seemed to NOT care we were there, not in being seated timely (not because they were busy either at 7pm), and the waiters did not care when they waited on us nor the service they gave. Whoever the "head" waiter was, he had an attitude and I felt sorry for the younger staff who finally took our table and tried hard, even though they only came back once to see if we needed anything.

They have a long way to go! Don't expect Sheraton quaility yet. They need more time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business