“A very pleasant surprise with great service.”

Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Frisco, Texas
“A very pleasant surprise with great service.”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

The hotel has been recently renovated and it shows. Everything is spick and span. Staff went out of their way to make sure my stay was a pleasant one. I expected some airport noise and experienced none. The lady at the breakfast bar was very helpful and efficient. The smallest request was immediately taken care of with dispatch. This is my place to stay in Albuquerque!

Room Tip: 15th floor and the panorama view was awesome
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I wasn't expecting such a fashionable hotel ,with it's high quality linens and bedding . Unexpected in Albequerque, a true oasis in the desert. The staff was also great and knowledgeable !

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 4, 2011

It's so refreshing to enter a pleasant aromatic hotel lobby and be greeted by friendly and caring staff who are obviously genuinely concerned about your stay.

Room service was great, the bar - a relaxing atmosphere to visit with family, friends or new friends.

Bottom line...wonderful stay in a clean spacious quiet room and would highly recommend to anyone traveling to or through ABQ.

Regards,
A frequent traveler

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe
Reviewed March 31, 2011

This hotel has had several owners over the past three decades, most recently The Albuquerque Grand Hotel, and is now under Sheraton ownership. Under the new management, the rooms have been refreshed, and the lobby, bar, and restaurant remodeled. Unfortunately, all the charm of the former incarnation is now gone. The former nice restaurant with its interesting menu now seems hardly different from a coffee shop, with Formica topped tables, booths, and generic decor. The menu is standard low-end hotel fare: burger and chicken sandwich, frozen chicken breasts slathered with cheese or plopped over noodles. The large homey fireplace in the bar is gone, and the artwork, such as it is, is now mostly shapeless splotches of colors. The lobby, bar, and restaurant all flow together, with hard echoey surfaces and unimaginative decor.

My room was comfortable, but Spartan (one bath towel, sink didn't drain properly, clock radio alarm didn't work). Internet use is now $10/day in the room, no more free coffee in the lobby. On the plus side, the new management retained many of the former employees, who are extremely nice and helpful. Will I stay there again (I live in Santa Fe and oftn spen the night in Albuquerque when I have an early morning flight)? Probably not. Most of the charm is gone, the chain restaurants down the road offer better food and lower prices, and I hate being nickel-and-dimed for minimal amenities. One doesn't expect an airport hotel to be like a Ritz Carlton, but I would have expected more from the Sheraton organization.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
mlujan, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Dear SantaFeResident1,
Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us, we take pride in our newly
“14 Million Dollar Renovation” as a “Starwood Property”. It is a change from our previous Southwestern Décor and of course the loss of our Fireplace in the Rojo Restaurant, however the new change has been well received by most. Your feedback is appreciated and has been passed on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if you would contact me directly to assist in your reservation.
With Best Regards,
Melissa Lujan-Revenue Manager
melissa.lujan@sheratonabqairport.com
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 20, 2011

They have re-vamped both Sheraton's in Albuquerque and the one by the airport is very pretty. With the exception of bad service at breakfast one morning, we really enjoyed our stay. The business center was useful, the internet connection was decent and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is appreciated and has been passed on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
With best regards,
Melissa Lujan - Revenue Manager.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Hotel has been completley remodeled. The room are nice and queit. New work out room. Nice restraunt. Veggie wrap is outstanding. The only negative is the room windows are closed and locked. Cannot open window to let the freash air in.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
mlujan, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
Thank you for your comments.
We apologize for the inconvenience of the windows not being able to open.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your Veggie Wrap & our newly renovated Hotel. We look forward to your return in the future.
Melissa Lujan
Revenue Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Dirt, like crumbs and a human hair as soon as we pulled the covers.
Yes, they gave us a different room but we had to go down to the front desk to exchange the keys. Nobody offered to move our luggage, of course.
The next day at check out I reported the incident to the clerk. He couldn't care less. I wrote a detailed account of the whole story and gave it to the same clerk and at the same time I told him to cancel my reservation for two weeks later at the end of my vacation.
But it's not over. I got an email with a generic survey about my 'experience.' I took the time to write the whole story again. A manager got back to me and offered a refund. I asked if she ever received my handwritten complaint and her answer was no. Got it? The clerk threw out my initial report.
The refund is the least they can do. But, I would rather pay and find a clean bed.

And they had the gall to ask $10 for wifi.

On the way back we stopped at the Holiday Inn Express down the road. Large non stuffy clean room with two large beds. And free wifi.

The

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank fkolingen
In response to your comments, please be assured that our hotel takes the issues that you mentioned very seriously.
We take great pride in the fact that we just completed a major renovation. We feel our renovation qualifies us as the top hotel in the Albuquerque Airport Market.
We have addressed these concerns that you mentioned and they have been resolved.
We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding our hotel. We look forward to your return visit in the very near future.

Melissa Lujan