“Excellent Dinner”
Review of Savoy Bar & Grill

Savoy Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Savoy Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Abundant and beautiful California Wine Country in the Northeast Heights. Welcome to "Savoy"! A sun-filled, unpretentious but sophisticated, wine-friendly restaurant. As you walk into the dramatic high-ceiling entryway, you are moved in all directions. To the East you have a frosted view of the tasting room, loaded with fresh flowers and walls of glass-encased wine. To the West you get a glimpse of the lounge bar leading to the vine-covered patio. Light, open and airy with butter-colored walls, dark wood and black & white photography of wine country all come together to create an elegant yet surprisingly comfortable atmosphere in the main dining room. The dark and contemporary edge to the room is offset during the day with an abundance of natural light from large windows and three strategically placed skylights. That oven is our culinary focal point for the exhibition kitchen.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Wanted to say "thank you" to the couple that we were staying with in Albuquerque, so off to Savoy we went. We had a wonderful meal. Started with the calamari, very good. I then ordered the pork ribeye, it was excellent. The ladies at our table each ordered the special, peking duck breast. Although it was a little salty, they enjoyed it. My friend had the scallops, they too were very good. Surprisingly, the specials were less expensive than the menu items. Desert was very good and reasonable. In reviewing the meal, I'd go with the pork ribeye again! Our server, Erienne, was very efficient and knowledgeable. Subtracting the bar bill, the meal was fairly priced.

cforsting, Owner at Savoy Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you so much for your great review. We really appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again! Please reference your review and Savoy would love to buy you an appetizer on us!! have a great day!!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The food and service was really nice. Our waitress was very knowledgable about the food and all the specials. It's nice to be able to see the kitchen also. I had the grilled tuna and my wife had the petit filet. Bring your credit card though.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I ordered the "pepper steak" prime rib sandwich for lunch and it was pretty bad. The meat had an "old" taste to it - like when cooked beef is reheated. I should have been forewarned by the words "prime rib". Obviously this one had a past life as a prime rib days before. It was disappointing because I like their other restaurant Zinc.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My girlfriends and I go to Savoy from time to time and the happy hour specials in the bar are always good. The $5 glasses of wine are pretty good and the burger special and steak sandwich don't disappoint!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We recently dropped in for an early lunch with a friend. Our server was very friendly and we had a great corner table. It was early and not many people were there yet. I was in the mood for a burger and was not disappointed. I came prepared just the way I ordered it and was served with some really good seasoned fries. My friend had a small pizza, which turned out to be very large and was quite good (we had to help eat it). Even though we didn't order any alcoholic beverages, we were not rushed to leave the table and sat for awhile in conversation. We all felt the prices were very reasonable, having lunched at more expensive places with far less service and even smaller portions of food. This will be a repeat in my book.