“Great Service, Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Savoy Bar & Grill

Savoy Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Savoy Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 1,800 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Abundant and beautiful California Wine Country in the Northeast Heights. Welcome to "Savoy"! A sun-filled, unpretentious but sophisticated, wine-friendly restaurant. As you walk into the dramatic high-ceiling entryway, you are moved in all directions. To the East you have a frosted view of the tasting room, loaded with fresh flowers and walls of glass-encased wine. To the West you get a glimpse of the lounge bar leading to the vine-covered patio. Light, open and airy with butter-colored walls, dark wood and black & white photography of wine country all come together to create an elegant yet surprisingly comfortable atmosphere in the main dining room. The dark and contemporary edge to the room is offset during the day with an abundance of natural light from large windows and three strategically placed skylights. That oven is our culinary focal point for the exhibition kitchen.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The food is always fantastic and the restaurant atmosphere is warm and cozy. The service is attentive and top notch. Can't wait to return

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Been to Savoy all too many times because the service of Joe and cook Armundo are the best in town. The atmosphere is also excellent because of the customers being so well dressed and lack of tatooed body parts being displayed. The food prepared by Armundo is wonderful and Joe is more than a bartender, should be a professor of knowledge!! Very smart, fast and professional. Savoy & Cosmos Tapas are our favorite places to eat for having great food, superb service and great atmosphere!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The menu offerings were fine but eggs Benedict should be hot and served on a heated plate not one at room temp or less.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I think all of the comments below stand true - both good and bad. I thought the ambiance was fine and not too noisy, and clean. The service was a bit sheepish or nervous but very good. Seemed to be a timing issue with the expeditor as our table and the table next to us both received entrees while food was still on the table - not acceptable for fine dining, but an inconvenience not a night destroyer.

Overall the food was good - nothing bad, and any critiques become a matter of my tastes - I'd like things to be salted a bit more. I started with the relleno - pulled pork and sweet potato (?). It was good but I wanted more heat and a bit more salt. It was large enough -monsterously large enough for an entree although I guess if shared with the table it would have been fine. Server might have mentioned it to me and I would have made other choices. Next I had the soup of the day - a smoked tomato chowder - good on a cold night. My entree was the braised lamb shank with cous cous. I loved the cous cous - like really, some of the better I've had, the vegetables were a bit undercooked but fine, and the lamb was a good portion. The aroma was fantastic. I ate maybe 25% of the lamb because of the relleno, and so no dessert. The rest of the table had oysters and the special quail salad with quinoa and they seemed to enjoy theirs as well. We also were sent out the antipasta plate which we all agreed lacked focus or theme or something - all okay except the mozz which had zero flavor. It needed salt in it, on it or a drizzle of something to go with it...or better yet, still warm.

Lots a of words here but overall we weren't disappointed and all issues that could easily be fixed to take Savoy to 5 stars.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I ate here recently. The decor is nice and the service was fine. The food did not quite make it. Her swordfish was dry and tasteless. The starch was rice and black beans.

My roasted half chicken was fine, although the smashed sweet potatoes with it were rather heavy, leaving a leaden feeling.

We shared a Pumpkin Beignet dessert, which was fine.

Although the Savoy Grille is not far from our house, it is unlikely that we will return.