“3 Star Hotel, 5 Star Service!”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #44 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is an overdue review (from August 2013) for a one of a kind hotel near the Sandia Mountains and literally within 10 minutes of almost any place you might want to go. We were in the area to reunite with family living in NM and all were astounded by the hotel - inside and out. Our room had a spectacular view of the mountains and although we slept like babes, Nativo Lodge has mastered the art of making a hotel so much more than a place to sleep and eat. It is truly like staying in a museum or cultural center. Don't miss the artist events if they occur during your stay!
We swam every day before touring the city and returned at night in awe of the beauty of our chosen hotel. From the hotel's physical layout and proximity to one of nature's wonders, to its cultural effects, to the pleasing spirit of staff and their sincere desire to provide an unequaled experience, this is the place to stay when in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: pick room facing mountains - unbelievable view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Dear MaryNYNY,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel, It is nice to hear that you came to NM to visit your family.
I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and the location. We are conveniently located to plenty to do in Albuquerque. The next time you visit your family in NM you have a place to stay, your family is our family.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

This hotel was super cool!! Awesome art that really made you feel the New Mexico vibe. Beautifully decorated inside. The room was really nice and the bed was super comfortable. The girls at the front desk were friendly and really made us feel welcome. I really liked the lighting and the vibe in general. I know it sounds silly, but I even really liked the shampoos and conditioners, very soothing. It's not a typical cookie-cutter hotel... It was nice to experience something new. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael W, General Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Dear Morgan L,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel, we pride ourselves on our New Mexico Heritage that our hotel provides. Thank you for noticing our wonderful staff at the Front Desk who take great pride in promoting great customer service. Our shampoos and conditioners are a new line that we have started using recently, thank you for noticing. We hope on your future travels through Albuquerque that you think of the Nativo first.

Reviewed September 1, 2014

We recently booked at the Nativo Lodge because we were traveling with our pets and had stayed at other Heritage Hotel Chains that had great pet packages. I was traveling with my family and so we booked 3 rooms. When we first booked we did not receive the confirmation email. I sent three emails to them and received no response. I finally called them. Once we arrived there was no one at the front desk. We waited about 2 minutes and then I see the front desk clerk coming from the bar. She was hanging out with her friends. We got to the rooms and they had a funny smell but nothing we couldn't live with. Part of the package with the pet package was that we were supposed to receive some things for our pets. There was nothing in the room and when I went back to the front desk she was back at the bar. I asked about the pet packages and she said Oh, I forgot to put them in the room and then didn't know who they belonged to. She then proceeded to tell me that we would've been better off paying the regular rate and just adding on the pet fee. The pet package you end up paying double just for the bag of goodies. I know we had a pet room but the rugs had stains from prior occupants with pets that let their pets go on the rug. It was disgusting. The next day only 1 of the 3 rooms we had was made up by housekeeping. After calling to the front desk no one came. In my room we were out of Kleenexes and called guest services and they were supposed to take one and nothing. I went to the front desk and same thing I was told someone would go and again nothing. The following day housekeeping came through. Again no Kleenex box. I went to the front desk and requested a Kleenex box and FINALLY had one delivered except they didn't even knock. They left it in front of the door. When housekeeping does go they don't refill other amenities either . In addition to the kleenex box I had to request wash clothes. We also had a handicap room and in that room there is no door to the bathroom so there is no privacy. I would not stay there again. Staffing is limited. There is no one in the restaurant. They advertise a restaurant and there's no one there. This was labor day weekend and the hotel was busy yet staff is minimal. All of their hotel staff seems to lack pride in their work and their establishment. When I went to check out another lady at the front desk finished with the person in front of me and then proceeded to send a text leaving me there to wait before even looking up to see what I needed.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
1  Thank A5982
Michael W, General Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Dear A5982,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, first of all I would like to apologize for your unpleasant stay with us. I am quite embarrassed of the service that you received and would love to make it up to you. The customer service issues that you have mentioned have been dealt with accordingly and will not happen in the future. I wish you would give us another chance to make it up to you. Please give me a call at 505-798-4351.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

The Nativo Lodge is a very nice hotel. It is conveniently located at San Mateo and I - 25; just off the highway. It appears as an oasis to the weary traveler with lots of green space around it. An added plus is the Starbucks next door - just a short walk away. The lobby is spectacular with a five story atrium decorated in a native american motif. The hotel staff is very responsive and helpful. The rooms are large and comfortable. Everything (WiFi, TV, A/C, pool, lobby bar, exercise room, etc.) worked well; except, the electronic door locks! This review would have been a four, possibly five, if the doors to the rooms were not such a pain to use. I knew that we were not the only ones to have a problem with our electronic door lock because I heard another couple at the front desk discussing this issue. We had to insert the electronic card key at least nine to twelve times before we got it just right to open. I mean, the US should guard our nuclear weapons access this well! It became a huge detractor to our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an electronic card key reader that works. We did not elect to purchase our break...

Dear Gary C,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we are very pleased that you enjoyed our staff as well as the hotel motif. As far as the electronic lock system goes we are in the process of cleaning each and every lock to our rooms to ensure this does not happen to anyone else. We are looking forward to you coming and enjoying our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

The new chef is excellent. That young man is a keeper. Very friendly. This is our third stay and that was the best food so far. The two young ladies who provide table service are great -- especially the young Navaho woman. Really enjoy talking to her.
Rooms are spacious and clean. Love the balconies. The decor is wonderful. I love the use of native artists.
Easy access to I25.

Dear Kristina H,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel, we are very thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Chef Shawn does a great job getting out of the kitchen to talk to our guests and make sure they are enjoying themselves. You know where to stay when you visit Albuquerque please come and stay with us again on adventures to the West.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

My Family and I took a vacation from Texas to Vegas and Malibu and back. We stood at 5 other hotels and all were good. BUT ONE WAS GREAT from the time you walk in the door to checkout. When you to a Hotel you expect it to be clean and you would be happy. Sometime the price you pay is how clean it is, well not at this hotel. You get both! The welcome you get at the front desk to the house keeping, restaurant , Bar, and the managers.. It was so nice we made sure to map are drive back so we could RETURNED TO THE NATIVO LODGE AND ONCE AGAIN WE HAD A GREAT STAY. IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A HOTEL THAT SHOULD BE A 5 STAR THIS IS THE PLACE AND THE PRICE IS HARD TO BELIEVE. I HAVE PAID WAY MORE FOR WAY LESS. I CAN NOT SAY IT ENOUGH IF YOU ARE PLANNING A TRIP IN THIS AREA BOOK YOUR STAY AT NATIVO LODGE !! WE GIVE IT A 5 STAR AND Thank you staff!!

Dear JOLIEQUINN,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our number 1 goal at the Nativo Lodge is to make sure our guests feel at home, this is obviously what we did for you. On your next travels back to the West please remember the Nativo Lodge, we will be looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed here while travelling Route 66 and had a great night. The rooms were well furnished and very comfortable. We stayed in rooms with two double beds with two adults and two kids. Plenty of room and a nice balcony area. Good clean bathroom with toiletries.
Communal areas are well decorated in the theme of the hotel.
The swimming pool and spa area are well looked after.
Service was good at reception but the lady who works the bar in the evening was Excellent! She was friendly and exceptional at her job.
The rooms were great value and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear SusanH180,

Thank You for reviewing our hotel, we are pleased that you chose us to stay with while visiting route 66. We are extremely excited that you found our staff to be very accommodating. When your travels bring you back to Albuquerque please think of the Nativo Lodge first.