“my vacation uhh”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #45 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The price for the rooms was good but too many problems after we got there our rooms were not finished.the next day the. HOUSE KEEPER did not even do the rooms I had made the beds my self.no ice on two of the floors. No vending machines.and when you called for room service no ever answered. Wouldn't stay again.unless you want to do all for your self.
I'm writing the hotel a letter and left the head house KEEPER a message .I have been in the houseaning business for 30.years.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
glennm246, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Krazy612

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we apologize for your room not getting serviced I assure you I have addressed these issues with the appropriate departments. also we do have vending machine on the first and second floors we are working on getting sufficient signage for these items Thank you so much for your time

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Fun hotel to stay at. The room was same old hotel room with a horrible squeaky door but the décor was especially good for Albuquerque for Native American. Was tastefully done and gave lots of examples of Native art. The restaurant was closed but the open bar area had seating for dining and thus making the ambiance very nice. The bartender was also your waiter and Natasha did an excellent job at keeping the bar patrons happy yet giving us very good service. Would stay again just to enjoy the ambiance.

Room Tip: You do not want rooms on the back. Not a good view unless looking straight down at pool and teepee.

Dear Linda D

thank you for writing a review, i am happy to hear that you enjoyed the native decor and your time spent here at Nativo. i look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay, short or long stay. Nicely priced, very clean. Staff is wonderful and very helpful and always happy, the front office manager, Glenn Major, was very trustworthy and never lost his charm.
Food at the restaurant is tasty. I loved the pool and hot tub. Even being a full house the lounge was a great place to relax and read a book. Already have plans to return in a few weeks. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014

dear Bettina S

Thank you for your review, It was my pleasure to provide you with trustworthy service. I am excited to welcome you and your family back to Nativo in the near future

Reviewed June 9, 2014

The theme of native art is abundant throughout the hotel which gives it a nice feel. However, the hotel itself is quite dated and the infrastructure could use an update (paint & new carpet). The staff were courteous although I interacted very little with them. Sher in the cafe was very helpful and very polite. Unfortunately I had to go to the cafe for morning coffee considering there was no coffee pot for the machine in the room. And although the hotel and room were relatively clean, the tub surround and shower curtain were absolutely filthy with pink spots everywhere. Pink in, on or around water is yup, you guessed it, salmonella. I was also a little taken back by the surprise $50 "coincidental fee" upon check-in. However, it was returned after I checked out. For the price (via Priceline) of $58 for the night it was ok. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had Pricelined this room thinking it was a 3 star hotel as stated. When we arrived to this hotel, it was very old and run down in my opinion. We went up to our room and immediately noticed that the comforter had stains on it, along with cigarette burns, the bed ruffle had cigarette burns as well. Also the ceiling looked as if it had a previous leak but also looked like it was rusted or something of that sort. I then went to go put down my belongings on my bed and I noticed something crawling on the sheets, It was a BED BUG!!!! There was no way I was going to stay there!!! I scooped up the bug in a plastic cup and gathered all my belonging. I then showed the girl at the front desk and told her I was not going to sleep there and asked for a refund. She told me she understood and had encountered previous complaints before. Since it was through Priceline, I would have to call them but she said she would verify and gave me her name and number so Priceline could call her and confirm. I did get a refund thankfully but I am baffled how this hotel claims that they are a 3 star hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Don't sleep here due to the fact that there's bed bugs and rooms are not 3 star quality!!!
1  Thank Katherine P
glennm246, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear Katherine P

Thank you for your review I apologies that the room was not up to standard and will get that addressed immediately, as for the bed bugs we had a professional exterminator come out to take care of the issue and he did not find any evidence of them in the room. We would love the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future please contact me any time.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel is very attractive and all areas seem very neat and tidy. The hotel has a nice little bar area and they offered me a free drink when I checked in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again--it has a unique feel and the location is excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side might be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel embraces the New Mexico Native American culture and art with its recent renovations. The lobby is amazing to look at and comfortable to hang out or the bar and restaurant directly adjacent to the main lobby. The rooms look great with good beads and balconies. There are 2 pools one indoors and the other outdoors. The location is close to cliffs and many restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family