“Not bad, but not as fun as we'd hoped”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #43 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Brooklyn, New York
“Not bad, but not as fun as we'd hoped”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night. Overall it seemed a bit dated-- funny decor, reminded us of a casino hotel due to trying so hard to stay on theme. We thought the Indian themed idea might feel a bit more fun, but it just felt a bit tired. We had a room on one of the higher floors and had a nice-ish view of the Sandias (the close by hospital partially blocked the view)-- tremendous light from the sunset there! We had a nice balcony and wanted to leave the door open to have some fresh air but because there was no screen door on the balcony and bugs were coming in. All of that being said, we had a fine stay here, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, though spotted a roach in the bathroom in the middle of the night, and the staff was nice enough. Also, for fellow Texans, there is a Taco Cabana right next to the hotel. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mishaaja
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Hi mishaaja,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay in October. We, too, love seeing the sunset light up the Sandias!

I'm sorry that you experienced some issues during your stay. We appreciate hearing where we can improve.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Albuquerque, and that you stay with us again the next time you visit.

Have a happy New Year!

Susan C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Lovington, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We always stay at the Nativo Lodge when in Albuquerque which is about once a quarter or so. It is always clean and quiet. The employees are the best! On a couple occasions I've had problems getting into my room...user error...I put the key in backward both times. And both times the friendly maintenance man (same one both times) politely corrected my error without making me feel stupid. Wish I knew his name. This past week, Taunya was working triple duty covering the restaurant, bar and room service and made our dinner a delight. Jessica at the front desk tried really hard to get on of our usual rooms, but they were all occupied. So she took great care of us and even noticed that I had reservations for February and went ahead and reserved one of the rooms I like for then. The maid who was just finishing up our room when we arrived was pleasant, personable and did a great job on the room with short notice. Didn't get her name, but will do so next time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Starla A
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Starla A,

Thanks your for your continued loyalty with us and for reviewing your recent stay. We agree that people make all the difference, and our staff strive to make sure that every guest has a wonderful experience in Albuquerque. I'll pass along your kind comments to Jessica, Taunya and the rest of our staff who helped you.

I hope you have a wonderful 2014, and we look forward to hosting you again next quarter.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I had a terrific Christmas breakfast! Thanks for the 'love' you put into those pancakes, Chef Shawn; and those were the the side dish...my advice: take a chance folks, you might be surprised what you find. Thanks Perry and Tamara for the hospitality.
The whole place really is a beautiful setting.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ctefan
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear ctefan,

Thank you for sharing your Christmas breakfast with us and for taking the time to write about your experience.

I'll let Chef Shawn, Perry and Tamara know how much you enjoyed their pancakes and hospitality. Have a wonderful New Year, and I hope we see you again.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have traveled all over the country- west coast, east coast, and a 'few' places in between with 2 young kids. The kids occasionally wet the bed; MOST hotels can accommodate bodily fluids and keep a room clean. The Nativo does not. If there was a mattress pad on the bed, it must have been old and worn out (like the rest of the hotel is starting to become), because the mattress got wet. We assumed the Nativo could handle the cleaning job professionally, like every other hotel we've stayed at. Nope. All they did was put new sheets on, and no mattress protection. When I told the front desk, they said they would look into it and charge me if the mattress needed to be replaced. (Why was that their first response?) sure enough, we are now buying the hotel a new mattress, courtesy of "damaged property". I have no recourse or way to argue with them. Based on the price, I am sure it will be the nicest mattress in the hotel. One manager even had the gall to say that I should have warned the hotel that my CHILD had a problem with wetting the bed. So, be warned, check your mattresses, maybe bring your own mattress protection (you never know what you'll find!), or stay somewhere where they know how to take care of their stuff. We are going camping.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Amber D
Dear Amber D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate hearing about every guest's experience.

I am sorry you experienced such an issue while you were here. Our General Manager is fully aware of the problem.

I hope you enjoyed seeing Albuquerque, and that you have a good New Year.

Bielefeld, Germany
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Nativo Lodge is special. It's different from other hotels because of the awesome design and decor in the lobby and the rooms. I felt really comfortable because it's not standard and soulless like most other hotels. It's conveniently located right off I-25 so it's easy to find. Everything was super clean, staff extremely friendly (apologized nicely for the sauna being closed because it had caught fire and) and the bed really comfortable. It took me a while to figure out that you almost have to tear the tap in the shower out of the wall to make it work, but after that it was perfect. At this rate, breakfast could be included, but the special offer (stay 2 nights - get 1 free) is exceptional! I fully recommend the Nativo Lodge for everyone looking for a special and welcoming place to stay in Albuquerque.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Hi Vivien0205,

Thank you for your review of Nativo Lodge. We also like our wonderful, unique decor and our convenient location. We like every guest to be comfortable, so thank you for letting us know that we succeeded.

I hope you enjoyed visiting Albuquerque! We'd love to have you stay with us again when you return.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stepping into this hotel was like stepping in to another world,it lives up to it's name. It is beautiful,rooms are clean, staff very nice. We ate at the restaurant and staff was so nice and made us feel special.

Room Tip: Any room will be perfect.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandra R
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Sandra R.,

Thank you for taking the time to review Nativo Lodge, and thanks for the kind words about our decor and staff. I'll pass them along!

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit Albuquerque.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were very impressed with the wonderful atmosphere at the Nativo Lodge! The staff were very friendly and always went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable and easy. We loved the decor and were especially impressed that they supported local artists and craftspeople to accomplish the unique flavor found throughout the building! We would highly recommend the Nativo Lodge experience!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rimatravellor
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear rimatravellor,

Thank you for taking the time to review Nativo Lodge and for your kind words.

We are proud of our partnership with local Native American artists and, like you, love the work they've done. And, I'm happy to hear how our staff was able to make your stay comfortable and easy. I'll pass along your praise.

We hope you stay with us again the next time you come to Albuquerque!