“Did not enjoy it AT ALL DISGUSTED”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #44 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I booked this hotel over the summer because I was attracted features like the sauna, indoor jacuzzi and pool, and the gym because I like to workout. I get in the building to check in and elevator is the first thing you bump in to when you walk in. You have to walk around it to get the front desk in what looks like and uninviting dark cave area. I am checking in and I see a small sign saying the pool was closed for new paint.

This made be very upset because I was not warned about this via email, phone call or on the actual website itself. I asked for the manager and explained to him why I was upset with this lack of communication. He pratically said sorry but not sorry I can throw in a free breakfast. I went back to my hotel room to decide if I wanted to accept his compensation, but right when I was about to, I found a used condom and package in the drawer of my room. I was so disgusted and uncomfortable, that I wanted my money back and I decided to leave immediately.

Before I left, I asked for the manager again but they said he already left for the day. It wasn't even ten minutes later after I just talked to him. I came all the way from Atlanta and I was tired; the last thing I wanted to do was look for another hotel at the last minute at night. I also left because I did not feel safe there since the lock on the door was broken. There is only one elevator in the whole building and it takes forever to move up and down the hot building.

Over all, they don't have good management or consideration for people who come to that hotel based off of the ammenities and the Native American features. I had to take my complaint a step further in the chain of command in order to express my poor experience here. The other manager was a little more helpful and she was a lot more considerate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pennybuttons
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Pennybuttons,
We appreciate your feedback and apologize that your stay was not ideal. We take these issues very seriously and have shared your comments with our management team. We have addressed these issues and hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We continue to hold Nativo Lodge in high regard as our favorite place to stay in Albuquerque. Although the hotel was very busy, our needs were met very professionally. Thank you to Nativo Lodge for another great stay. The only thing we were disappointed about was the lack of the breakfast buffet and some miscommunication in that regard.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CAROLYN G

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay. We do offer different packages some of which include breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed in the Nativo Lodge (never had been there before) - So I was delighted to find the place was wonderful. The most impressive was the staff! They were helpful & cheerful. They went out of their way to give us useful directions to locations, bus stops, restaurants etc. They offered to hold our bags even at check-out time..because they were aware that our flight didn't leave until many, many hours later...(with no extra charge included!). The hotel & the rooms were comfortable and CLEAN! Each room had it's own balcony and a beautiful view of the mountains. It's motif throughout the lodge was of the indigenous Indians so it was warm & welcoming...not to mention beautiful! It has an indoor-outdoor pool along with a whirlpool. It provided a computer free of charge in the lobby and FREE wi-fi too! It also provides a FREE shuttle to the Sandia Casino with hourly pickup to and from! I could go on and on about this lodge! Thank you Nativo Lodge for being true to customer service!!!! Very happy! :)

Room Tip: Every room seemed to be wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaHarmony

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was so helpful. We hope to welcome you back to Nativo on your next visit to Albuquerque.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place is not bad... it is just not good. First of all I would like to say that the front desk staff was nice and friendly. We arrived to find no cart available to take our things up to the fifth floor. (One cart for the entire hotel??? Seriously???) There was no tissue in our room... we had to go and ask because there was no cord on the phone set? Grrrrr. The second day they left no coffee and cups... no shampoo, soap or anything. We had breakfast at the hotel and the waitress made sure to tell us multiple times how understaffed they were... the eggs and bacon were cold... and the toast was warmed up bread. The bed was lumpy... and the comforter looked nice, but it weighed about 50 pounds! Not impressed at all with this place.

Please... hire enough staff to take proper care of your guests, and buy a few valet carts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaJana Y
HHandR, Public Relations Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

LaJana Y, thank you for taking the time to leave us a rating and review. Your thoughts are a valuable insight to our company's operations logistics. We will be passing your comments on to our management team. Have a wonderful day and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We hosted a professional event at the Nativo Lodge and the crew was very helpful, professional, responsive and quick. The food was great, service was on point and our clients were comfortable and well-fed.

Thank you Christina, Cher and all, it was a pleasure working with such a great crew.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ProfessionalNM

ProfessionalNM, we will let Christina, Cher, and the team know that their efforts were appreciated. Thank you for hosting your event at Nativo Lodge and for taking the time to leave a positive review and rating. It means a lot to our company. It would be a pleasure to host your event again in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I recently returned from visiting this hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating! I particularly wanted to comment on the restaurant inside the hotel, the Spirit Winds Cafe and the chef Ron. I had the opportunity to eat several breakfasts off the menu, all were amazing! I also had dinner a couple times, again amazing! One of the nights, chef Ron came out to where we were and while talking about the menu, described a dish that he wanted to cook for me ( that wasn't on the menu) Everybody around decided to try it! It was off the charts!! A hit with everybody! Way to go chef RON!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Connie P

Connie P, thank you for taking the time to share your experience about Chef Ron and Spirit Winds. It's wonderful to know that Nativo Lodge accommodated you with a unique dining experience. We will let chef know that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice in the past 8 days, and found the service excellent. It is part of the Heritage Hotels and Resorts group of New Mexico, preserving and celebratinv the art and culture of each of their locales.
I would like to especially thank Travis, Martin, Jessica, and Zelda for all going above and beyond in their service.

• Stayed: July 2013

2askjoe, thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review and rating. It is greatly appreciated. We will let Travis, Martin, Jessica, and Zelda know that their customer service made an impact on your stay. Thank you again for staying and for noting our company's unique philanthropy. We hope to see you again in the future.