“Native LodgeExperience”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #45 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We loved the native indian decor throughout the hotel. The staff was very friendly and assisted us in recommending dinning and recommended events to visit in Albuquerque. The room was clean and functional. The TV in the room is out dated, I guess we are used to the flat screens but it worked and we watched our favorite cable channels. We had the Continental breakfast very good, they serve Star Bucks coffee, a good kick start to start off the morning. We will stay there in future travels to Albuquerque.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HHandR, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Mike A,
Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We do have very unique native décor and are glad that you love it as much as we do. We look forward to your next visit to Albuquerque.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Right when my husband and I arrived in the room there were so many things wrong beginning with the a/c being turned off in the room and an overall old smell. There was also a bug in the shower, dust on fixtures throughout the room, no soap, and dirty towels. We called the front desk for new towels and they said they would be up when someone was available. After 30 minutes of waiting we tried calling the front desk twice (no answer) and eventually my husband had to get the towels himself. The beds are uncomfortable, unclean, and the sheets are flimsy (think picnic napkins). The "fitness center" is small and smells musty, and there were no towels provided in the pool area. We booked the hotel as a 3-star hotel, but it was downgraded to a 2.5 by the time we got there. This hotel is marketed as a "luxury 3-star hotel" on their site, but with the lack of clean rooms, helpful service, or equipped amenities I think this hotel barely could earn 2 stars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 53bl

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write to us. We always welcome guest feedback, especially critical feedback that can help improve guest experience. We apologize that your stay with us was not ideal. It is great to see that you had a chance to stay in our accommodating out-door and in-door year around pool. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff and can assure you that they are being addressed. We are continually working towards improving our guest experience and hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I stay here for 3 nights. I was spectacle after reading the reviews regarding cleanliness but when we checked in the room was clean and the no smells in room or in hallway. We enjoyed the pool but had to wait for towels to be delivered. After waiting we just went up to our rooms and near the elevator the front desk clerk gave us some towels. ( I had my two daughters 1 and 6yrs old) The rooms were cozy and comfortable. The decor is very nice and the parking lot felt safe. There is a Starbucks at walking distance and also a mexican fast food place if you are interested in eating at their restaurant. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will consider staying in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and once we shut our door we had no noise from outside cars or people ne...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, we are glad that you enjoyed the pool area and our native décor. We hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Albuquerque.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel off & on for years now. Back In 2006 we booked a block of rooms to accommodate out of state guests who attended our sons wedding which everyone raved about the unique atmosphere. It was great then.
But over the last 3 months I've stayed there several times & was very disappointed. Just stayed there again over the 4th of July weekend & again the same problems. This time it took 30 minutes to find our reservation, the girl was very nice & I refused to be rude to her since I think it's lack of training. But in meantime there was constant guests waiting in line with various complaints.
Lack of adequate linens such as missing pillow cases on very lumpy pillows and no towels. I've given it my last shot. They need to update this hotel and get their stuff together. Not sure why the lack of linens but this is ridiculous. The pool also needs updating & the restaurant also leaves little to be desired, the servers take forever to get a cup of coffee & seem to disappear. Front desk staff is friendly but overwhelmed with problems. Really too bad.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Zilda B
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The front desk ( Valarie ) made the check in very pleasant and enjoyable .
The room was clean and comfortable and bed was exceptionally comfortable.
Thanks for a great stay! The hotel was easy to find and very convenient for my eye doctor appointment at Eye Associates which is right across the street. I will most certainly stay again
the next time I'm in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you Gary B. for taking the time to review your stay with us, we are glad to hear that Valerie was able to make your check in experience so pleasant. We look forward to your next visit to Albuquerque.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I typically do not take time out of my life to be negative about anything but this hotel made me so angry i had to vent! As soon as i walked in the doors (which were not automatic) I had a horrible instinct that it would not be a good stay. Check in process was ok and pretty quick. Valerie was nice. Elevator was ancient and ridiculously slow.( finally took stairs to 3rd floor because there was a big group of people waiting for it) The room was probably the worst part of my stay which sucks because i spent most of my time there trying to rest from driving all day long. The shower sucked, hard to operate, horrible preasure, and there was thick pubic looking hair ALL OVER the tub. Disgusting. Bed was comfy but the sheets AND pillows had blood stains. Did they even get changed? Curtains were badly outdated and traffic noise from freeway was terrible, luckily i was exhausted and was able to sleep through it. Everything just seemed dirty and outdated. I went to the lobby for a drink and waited more than 10 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge i was there. Finally someone else came and had to hunt them down, they were eating food by the restaraunt. How can it get any worse? It did, on top of everything else i began to notice a horible cockroach infestation. Alive and well! I will never stay here again!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Period
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lily H

Dear Lily H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are happy that our staff was able to make your check in experience so pleasant. We apologize that the rest of your stay at the Nativo Lodge wasn't all you had hoped for. We have addressed these issues with our housekeeping staff and with our food and beverage team. Thank you again for your time and we hope welcome you back to any of our Heritage Hotels & Resorts properties in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

First Room-FILTHY carpet, no bedspread so they moved us next door. Cleaner, but the bedspread is a quilt covered by a zippered case which kept bunching up and it was impossible to keep smooth or even. The shower was horrible, dirty plastic walls. I had asked for a quiet room as my husband was having surgery the next morning. They placed us next to the expressway. There was a fight in the parking lot around 2 a.m. No one went out to stop it. The colors are so dark, I wonder what they hide. Carpet next to bar is so wrinkled someone will trip and injure themself. We were surrposed to be there 2 nights but checked out and went elsewhere the next night. We told the people at the surgery center how horrible it was and they said they would no longer recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business