“Nice”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #42 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I liked this hotel. The staff was pretty friendly and my room had the most humongeous King sized bed I have ever seen...Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The lobby was really comfy and a nice place to hang out & read a book or surf the internet. The only bad thing, was that I had a hard time getting to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we are pleased that you enjoyed our King rooms and intriguing lobby. Nativo’s easy access just off I-25 is generally easy to find and we are always available to call if you need directions or have any questions, but please do let me know if we need to fine tune any directions. We hope to welcome you back on a future stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Generally speaking, I am not a picky person but when i am in a hotel I do expect a certain degree of service. The housekeeping staff was awful - my room was not vacuumed and their attempt to straighten my bed was pitiful (I could have received more expert service from a 10-year old). Ah, the bed - they put a topper on the bed so that their old beds would be more comfortable. However, when they put the topper on the bed (which is ok) they forgot to order new linens so that the fitted sheet actually fits the bed. So, you know what happens, you move around on the bed just a little and the corners rise up and now you have a mess of sheets. I am fine with them not changing the linens each day but after 4 nights, it would be nice to have a clean set of sheets.

The cable did not work well at all - they evidently were experiencing difficulty with Dish and 2 of the major TV channels had picture and no sound for the entire stay. No PBS either - and there were other channels that had either sound or picture, but not both. I asked the front desk about the problem twice and was told that management was taking care of it - well, we all know that New Mexico is manana land (I lived in NM for 30 years so that is from experience) so I just wrote it off to "we don't care and we will get to it when we want to". But, maybe I shouldn't have expected much anyway since the TV was ancient, not flat screens or recent TVs in this place except in the lobby.

Why did I stay - the price was really low and it was the most convenient hotel to where I needed to be. Will I return - absolutely not.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Herongirl
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We do appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience you might have had during your stay with us. We followed up with our staff and particularly with housekeeping as this is absolutely not the norm here at Nativo Lodge. We pride ourselves on our service, and providing a great guest experience. We have also passed along your comments to management and are currently addressing cable and TV issues now. Thank you again for your feedback and please allow us to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a 4-night stay (2 couples) and were able to get a good feel for the hotel. Lovely design, comfortable public areas and the most welcoming staff we've ever experienced! Each day began with a delicious breakfast and a warm greeting from Kathy, our wonderful server, who was very attentive. By the 3rd morning, she automatically brought our juice & coffee orders without our even having to ask. I want to compliment London @ the front desk for his ever-friendly manner and helpfulness. Also, on several occasions sitting in the common areas, every staff member who passed greeted us and offered ice water or assistance. Kudos to the hotel and staff! Two minor points that I would suggest the hotel address in the rooms: a second mirror available while the one in the sink/vanity area is being used and address an audio issue on the tv. We couldn't get sound on any of the local stations nor could the other couple in their room. We had read previous reviews mentioning this as well. Hopefully, the hotel will fix this minor glitch for visitors needing weather, traffic and tourist info. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a room w/view of Sandias....scenic and quieter!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Sharon R,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we are so pleased to hear that our staff helped make your stay very enjoyable. Your comments have been shared with the team, and also with management regarding an additional mirror and TV. Thank you for choosing Nativo Lodge and we do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Comfortable beds. Great balcony views. Only complaint is the noise from the neighbors....they argued almost the whole night which kept us up. The staff was wonderful however. The location is very close to all sorts of restaurants and other activities

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your comfy bed and balcony and we do apologize for any noise inconvenience and do want to quickly mitigate any issues of this nature in the future. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our staff here at Nativo Lodge, and hope to welcome you back on any future stays.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at Nativo Lodge a week and was treated like family. I requested additional things for my room and this was accommodated (thanks especially to Valerie and Rose) graciously. While this is an older hotel, the beauty in the artwork and lighting makes it much more interesting than other hotels I have been--and I had a stunning view of the Sandia Mountains. There is a friendly energy generated by the staff that permeates the whole building. One drawback of the rooms is that there are many rooms that have a door into an adjoining room and sound comes through easily. If I owned the hotel I would eliminate almost all of these and create solid walls.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not have door to an adjoining room unless you are reserving two rooms and p...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments and we are thrilled to hear that our staff made your stay a very enjoyable one. Yes, we are so lucky to have great views of the Sandias, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed them. We hope to welcome you back for a future stay with us.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed over the weekend, the room was a good value, everything was clean although dated. On Friday the hotel was having a tattoo/body art show. It was cool, they had a DJ with live music. The cafe also had tasty food.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you were able to experience our first Nativo Underground event, and that you had a pleasant stay with us. We do hope you stay with us again next time you visit Albuquerque.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed twice in a months time. The staff was awesome to say the least. The buffet mm mm good! Yes, the walls are thin, it is an older building and it is by the freeway. The carpets were fine, my socks did not get dirty so they must be clean. The shower water would surprise you with a hot burst occasionally and the balcony doors are loud when people open and close them. The price was right for a clean, friendly place to stay. We enjoyed visiting in the lounge and restaurant area's and the kids enjoyed the pool. It can't be all bad, they were booked up!

Room Tip: If you need quiet, ask for a room facing the mountains on the opposite end of the pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay including our wonderful staff, and breakfast! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.