“Stay somewhere else!”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #43 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I booked this hotel because of the good reviews. I booked months in advance and didn't check reviews again until after I had checked in. I was confused - the hotel I had just checked into was not the kind of hotel I would normally stay in - so I re-read the reviews. Several new reviews had been posted since I booked; none of them good. The new reviews are all correct, (despite Rick - who was defensive and aggressive - at the front desk saying that people who said bad things about the hotel are lying), this is not a quality hotel. No fridge, no laundry service - despite it being in their booklet and there being a laundry bag in the room, the tap on the bath in my room was that difficult to switch on and off I would not have the strength to turn it on or off if I was 10-15 yrs older or not strong. But most importantly they have no safe deposit box. No safe in the room either. Review about missing Kindle made me very uncomfortable about leaving valuable items in the room when I was unable to take them all with me to the balloon fiesta. The only option was to put things in a bag and it was left on the floor behind the desk at reception. The managers attitude when I complained was unsatisfactory and really, the only thing this hotel has going for it is the two girls who are on reception in the evenings. They are helpful, gracious and would have been the only reason I would not have written this negative review, but Rick's attitude has made it impossible for me to remain quiet. I depend on Trip Advisors reviews to find me a suitable hotel, if you do too, keep looking for another hotel in Alburquerque !

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Cat M
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Cat M, We appreciate your taking the time to point out areas where we can improve our guest experience. I know the general manager spoke with you personally and we wanted to follow up and let you know that we are doing concerted staff training, and now have some safe deposit boxes available at the front desk, laundry service is again available, and maintenance staff is currently addressing any faucet issues. Thank you for recognizing our gracious evening staff and we sincerely hope you will stay again with us in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nativo offered an affordable hotel close to the action for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. The Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was just right. Enough room to hold everything from our shopping trip to Old Town and the Arts and Crafts Show. The hotel had musicians in the bar, a great menu and decent drinks. The breakfast buffet was probably not worth the price ($7.50) but almost everything is a little expensive during the Fiesta. Shuttle to the balloon fiesta was close and staff was knowledgeable as to what it cost and what our options were. Last comment: my husband complained about the slow wi-fi. If that was his only complaint then this place was GREAT!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on 4th of 5th floor to see balloons (facing the city)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The room was dirty and smelt bad. my whole family got terrible nasal congestion from filthy room. there was stains in the sheets and no ventilation in bathroom. The room was tiny and uncomfortable. the only good thing about the hotel was the main lobby was cool looking.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank simply2jules
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

We sincerely regret your dissatisfaction with your room as we have very high standards of cleanliness throughout our hotel, and this is certainly not typical. We have thoroughly addressed any issues with our housekeeping staff, and do have many spacious rooms to offer.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our unique lobby, and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at nativo lodge for 2 nights, and before we arrived were excited to stay somewhere with location appropriate decor and theme. When we checked in, we were given no information about the hotel or it's style, a piece of paper stating some information about a statue in the lobby and a room key. The staff on front desk, when we asked questions regarding the computer for guests had no idea what to do. On first glance our room on the 5th floor was clean, however when you turned on the lights, this was not true. I do not believe our carpet was hoovered before our check in. We had a mountain view room, you could see the mountains, in the distance, over 3 busy and loud freeways. The walls were very thin, we could hear absolutely everything, next door said or did. Our bathroom had a broken and sharp tile on the floor, and our balcony rail was literally hanging out of the wall, hugely dangerous on the 5th floor. We used the pool and hot tub, which were so over chlorinated that my husband had huge painful patches of dry skin on his sides where he had been in there, I can only assume this is to mask the fact that neither are clean, the hot tub was definitely not cleaned everyday, it was filthy. The website states you can walk to the nearby amusement park, I would not recommend this, particularly with kids, you have to walk alongside a very busy road, and there is no sidewalk. All in all, a terrible hotel, we couldn't check out quickly enough!

• Stayed: September 2012

We do appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience, and have followed up with our staff, particularly with maintenance regarding the balcony. We do strive to address any service issues and are constantly improving our guest experience. We do hope that you will stay with us again in the future at any of our Heritage Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel was great, even though it does have more of an adult atmosphere, my daughter loved the decor and the very creative pool area.The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The decor is amazing and very stylish ,highly recommended for couples and adult travelers looking for a chic hotel without the cost. The room service staff was wonderful also and the food was amazing and very decently priced.I can't say enough about the wonderful staff.The rooms were very clean and we loved the balcony seating. I would definitely stay here again with or without my kids!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed 2 nights wanted to stay 3 but was fully booked!! lovely hotel one of the best i stayed on my trip! Fantastic value, really clean , staff really friendly! food fantastic! room was very big! great location!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

They were referred to me by American Express Travel as a preferred place to stay while I was working in the area for a week. I chose them because of location, reviews and description of the hotel. I love native american art. 1st off this hotel has a big identity problem. All the decor says native american but that's all there is here. Loud modern music thru the lobby and restaurant while they show native dancing on the big screen. Too bad. I would've loved to hear flute, drums or chanting. And as you walk in the first thing you notice is they are proud of their fajitas. Granted I really enjoyed the food at the cafe but all of the monitors around the lobby assaulted my eyes with "Fajitas" every time I walked thru. Don't expect breakfast or printing your boarding pass to be included. $3 to print my boarding pass?? Really??! I paid $62 a night but would have paid more to include these little conveniences. But they weren't offered from my agent. Only on their website.
Now all of this was just annoying but nobody's available after 11pm? You have to use your keycard to get in the front door between 11pm & 6am. Don't lose you keycard and hope it wasn't shut off during your stay. That's what happened to me. 3rd day in I couldn't get in with either of my cards. Had to have cards re-scanned at front desk. Now to the front desk... didn't get any info about the hotel once I checked in other than here's your keycard. The only good experience I had was having dinner. Good food. But that doesn't make a good hotel.
I also left my Kindle Fire, with the charger, in my room but when I called back to see if they had found it they told me House Keeping didn't find it. Really? They would have been the next people in my room.(I'm just sayin') I have since called and left the General Manager a message. He wasn't available.I'll give them a chance to help me but I think that was the last straw for me. DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else to save you the hassle.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andy F

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Our general manager has been in close communication with you regarding your kindle issue and we are glad that we could fully resolve this issue for you. We do have a 24/7 front desk staff and we generally can print boarding passes at the front desk for no charge and we will make sure our guests are aware of this. We are glad you enjoyed the food in Spirit Winds café and we would like the opportunity to welcome you again here at Nativo Lodge.