“Fantastic!”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #43 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 17, 2012

At 9:00 P. M, we were all tired and ready for bed. My 2 kids were bored, having finished their books, and had just finished asking "Are we there yet?" for the umpteenth time, when we saw this cool, colorful, lodge! It had totem poles and bright lights, and we knew that we had arrived. My kids hopped out of the car, my son fascinated by the colorful display of lights. My husband and I unloaded the car, and my mother-in-law watched the kids. We approached the doorway lit by displays of neon lights. My kids ran ahead and sat on the lounge chairs, while my husband checked in. It had an awesome lobby, with a giant shaman sculpture, lounge chairs, and a big table made out of a drum. My kids, eight and 10, got a kick out of that. There was a big glass elevator on one side and a wide staircase on the other side by the shaman statue. My mother-in-law relaxed on the couch, and we let the kids explore the lobby under the supervision of their Grandmother while my husband and I brought up the luggage into our room, which was decorated splendidly in modern Native American decor. The room was spacious, so we all had enough space. The staff was friendly, and the kids had a great time with the indoor/outdoor pool! Overall, the Nativo Lodge was a great place spend the weekend!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank daltrvlr
Erika P, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

What a pleasant review to read. Thank you for taking time to encourage our hotel. I am delighted to hear your children were able to enjoy our decor and lobby. We are also glad to hear your family enjoyed our amenities and appreciated the delicate native american atmosphere. Please return to us soon, we would love to have your family again.

There are newer reviews for Nativo Lodge Albuquerque

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed at Nativo Lodge during our brief stay in ABQ. Customer service was wonderful, hotel room was very spacious and clean, and the pool was just what we needed. We got a great deal for our 3day, 2night stay, and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JonnaGW

Thank you for your review and courteous words. We appreciate your business and hope to see you return and have another great experience with us.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was our 2nd stay at Nativo and just as great as our 1st stay. Not in the middle of downtown or Old Town, but that is what we wanted as we traveled to Santa Fe for the day. Decor is amazing, breakfast was great & convenient, staff were friendly & very helpful. Price is great for what you get. For me, this is the best place in Albuquerque for a truly Southwestern experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bandmrueve
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thank you for your kind words of Nativo. We are pleased you are returning guests. We are in a convenient location for short travels as you mentioned, and have many amenities available to our guests. Have a great day and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Chose this hotel from AAA guide book, and was pleasantly surprised with our stay. Enjoyed the decor, and had no complaints about services or facilities. Especially liked that the room had a small balcony. Food and service at the restaurant were very good. Would definitely choose this hotel again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marvin L
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms do offer private balconies overlooking our Sandia Mountains, pool view, or the lights of the city. We welcome you back on your next trip to Albuquerque.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed at the Nativo last month. Hotel is clean, a little worn around the edges though. Definitely worth the $70 a night I paid. Better than most Motels but not as nice as Holiday Inn, Marriott etc.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelKing5
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We do offer great deals to best accommodate our travelers. We are proud of our beautiful property and hope to see you return.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent 3 days at this hotel for my 25th anniversary. The location was ideal for quick and close access to Sandia Casino, Grahams , restaurants and bars. My wife and I were greated by a wonderful young lady named Val. She allowed us to check in 3 hrs early. When we got to the room i wasn't happy with the view of a tree in front of the balcony. Val was more than happy to change our room to a 5th floor with a better view. The bed was sooo comfortable and the comforter was amassing. My wife has back problems and had not 1 ache or pain due to an uncomfortable bed. The first hotel I have stayed at with more than enough pillows. Always a pet peeve of my wife. The housekeeper did an outstanding job keeping the room clean. Never did use the restaurant or lounge. The jacuzzi was hot and jets worked well. i liked the indoor/outdoor pool setup. could use more tables and chairs in the area. Ran out of towels in pool area due to an influx of high school age baseball players. No biggy just ask and more came. The fitness room could use weights and a set of blinds. Some people don't like to workout in front of a crowd (my wife). About the only thing i would suggest is more movie channels. When your lounging and just want to kick back and recover from a long night. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed on 5th floor NW corner of hotel. did not have to deal with sunrise or sunset issues with sun...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anthony M
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I am happy to hear you chose Nativo Lodge for such a monumental and special occasion. We do offer a free shuttle to and from Sandia Casino for our guests. Valerie is one of our many shining front desk agents. I’m glad she accommodated your request. We appreciate your sincere words, and would love to have you and your wife back for your next occasion.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed in 12 different hotels on our trip June 2012. This was our least favorite. Wish I had tried another Albuquerque hotel. Needs some sprucing up, cleaning, dusting, painting.. Air on the 5th floor common area didn't seem to be working during our visit. Air in room worked, but couldn't keep up. Did not eat here but chain restaurants are nearby.

Room Tip: Make sure you select lower floor room during hotsummer months.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheBurgsTraveler
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I apologize for your poor experience. Our property has been changed hands over the years. We will address your review to each department to continue to improve. Thank you for your review.