1,168 results
All reviewsnative american decorthe indoor outdoor poolartist roomsunique hotelnew mexicosandia mountainsupon checkdefinitely stay here againold townlobbybalconiessouthwestfreewayatriumpetballoons
Reviewed June 22, 2012

just stayed 4 days with this property. 4 days with a A/C that did not cool the room. hot hallways. needs a rehab. asked for service to A/C each day. first day they forgot, second day they said it was the filter(it was very dirty, but not the problem), third day they said it was just hot outside and a lot of rooms had a problem(you kidding me), fourth day nothing done so I checked out. we had a second room that the A/C worked so we knew it could be done. to top it off each day they had to rekey my room key because the key pad would not accept it. Again they said they had that problem all the time?(again you kidding me) They never apologize just say it happens to others also(heck of a response) Too bad it could be a nice hotel, but it is not up to even a 2 star rating. Look elsewhere if you want to be comfortable. not a business friendly hotel, the wifi was slow when it worked and if you wanted to use the house computer it was $3.00 per MINUTE. good luck

Room Tip: do not go at all
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ken n
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. We are experiencing extreme heat now in July in Albuquerque, however we do have air conditioning throughout our property. Our room keys are digitally and magnetically programmed. For our guests safety they demagnetize if they touch electronics such as cell phones and credit cards. We inform our guests upon check in to prevent this issue. I extend my sincere apology for the ones that were not made for such inconveniences. I wish you best in your future travels.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

How neat to see a hotel that is NOT "commercial-grade boring" -- this property clearly celebrates the art of Native Americans! Very clean and comfortable. Just a quick business trip but thoroughly relaxing to stay here after hectic flights. Cannot say enough about the lovely staff -- they were so warm and eager to help!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MaryMargaretCannon
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for the kind words of our hotel. We are proud of our Native American culture and is apparent within our entire property. Our staff appreciates your encouragement and will continue to have great customer service .

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I think the most difficult issue I had with this hotel, aside from it's location being too far north of OldTown or Nob Hill, was that there was only a single ice machine for the whole complex which was, unfortunately, located at the extreme other end of the property from my room and one floor lower. On a warm Albuquerque summer 's day, the ice was likely to begin melting in the bucket even before I arrived back at my room. This is a large, somewhat revamped hotel, off the 25 freeway on the way north toward Santa Fe. It's full service meaning there's a restaurant, bar, exercise room, pool and meeting rooms on-site. The staff are very personable and try to be helpful, but can do little to speed up the single elevator serving the entire 5 floors. My room had a balcony as well as a mountain view but the room, itself, didn't have a microwave or fridge; just an in room coffee maker. The decor is Indian motif with multi-media displays 24/7 in the atrium. The motel is located north of a commercial strip of restaurants, cafes, auto dealers, and general merchandise stores. You can walk to some of these and there is a nearby city bus that can transfer you to either the local or express routes serving route 66 snd the downtown. Because of the restaurants and pool, this hotel might be best suited for families and those in town on business not needing to be near the downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor or above. Sliding glass doors make first floor security prone.
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Zoom_Gotti
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your review. We have multiple ice machines on our floors accommodating our guests. We do have many great amenities available to enjoy, offering microwaves and refrigerators in our junior suites and upon request. We are conveniently located to many restaurants and stores within walking distance. Thank you for your business and hope to see you again .

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great price but was disappointed. When making our reservation, I kindly asked that I needed to have a refrigerator because my husband and I have a 10 month old baby. I was even willing to take an upgrade, but the receptionist assured me that they would have refrigerators available. When we arrived there were no refrigerators available and I was put on a list that was all ready too long. There solution was to put us on the same floor as the ice machine. Really? The room was hot, the bed was lumpy, and the pillows were too soft. And this is almost laughable, the cleaning lady used our Walmart plastic bags as trash bags for the trash cans in the room. I guess we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carmella M
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at our facility. We have a limited amount of inventory in refrigerators however we do have rooms that guarantee refrigerators in them such as our Junior Suite. We also receive many compliments on our beds but they may not be for everybody as everyone’s needs are different. I will address the Housekeeping issue with the appropriate manager. Thank you again for your review and best of luck on your future travels.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our stay was very pleasurable, we stayed a total of 8 days. The receptionist who greeted us was "Valerie", and went above and beyond to help us whenever we needed it. The hotel was easy to get to from 1-25, and many restaurants close-by, we walked often. The pool area was clean and comfortable. The decor was original, creative and comfortable. Here are my suggestions for improvement: Potholes in parking area are in need of repair, seemed at times there was a lack of towels, and the front desk did not seem to know where the 2 luggage racks were ( I suggest getting more). They had an ice machine on the second floor, I think that was the only one. They seemed to need bi-lingual receptionists, I translated several times. Overall, great price, I definately would stay again and would tell my friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jorgee R
NativoLodge, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. They are greatly appreciated and dully noted.