“Staff was very nice, and initial building was OK. The room...”

Super 8 Albuquerque/Midtown
Ranked #131 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Canon City
“Staff was very nice, and initial building was OK. The room...”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Staff was very nice, and initial building was OK. The room was a little disappointing- noise, bed, & carpet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

abqhotels, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque/Midtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, Joan. I am delighted to read that out staff was able to convey warm customer service to you while you were staying with us. I would like to apologize for the room being sub-par to your liking. We do our best to provide our guests with a comfortable stay while they are away from home. I do hope you voiced your concerns upon check-out so this could be remedied for you. We hope that on any future trips you may make to Albuquerque you allow us the privilege of accommodating you once more.

Warm Regards,

Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Glidden
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Good location, near 2 interstates. Room was ok, but a bit dim due to poor lighting. Bed was fine, room quiet. Good value for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

abqhotels, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque/Midtown, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Joann. I am happy to hear that you found your stay adequate. Our location off of Interstate 40 and Interstate 25 make staying with us while travelling very easy. I would like to apologize for the poor lighting in your room, but do hope you voiced your concerns to the clerk upon check-out. We hope that on any future trips to Albuquerque you allow us the pleasure of accommodating you once more.

Minneapolis
Reviewed October 20, 2013

You should have the employees more trained to answer question on the hot air ballon festival. I had problems logging into the internet to get a ticket. They sent me to 7-11 to get a ticket. It was only if you going to drive there. I was told that there was a shuttle to the event. There was not. I wanted to take a shuttle but had to drive to the Corando Mall. Your staff was very uninformed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, Magdalene. I would like to apologize for the confusion and the inconvenience you faced while staying with us. During Balloon Fiesta we had a high volume of guests staying with us which could explain for the slow internet connection. As for the confusion with the shuttle, there are "Park-n-Ride" shuttles to the Balloon Fiesta spaced out around Albuquerque's metro area, I believe this is what my staff was referring to. I will address these concerns with my staff and will have them better prepared for Balloon Fiesta in the future years. I do hope that on any future trips you make to Albuquerque that you allow us the opportunity to accommodate you once more and to provide you with a more enjoyable guest experience.

Office Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I came to New Mexico during the International Balloon Fiesta, so naturally, I wanted to be IN Albuquerque on the same weekend that everyone else did. I ended up at the Super 8 out of necessity and I admit I was somewhat concerned. I had always heard that Albuquerque was a bad city and wasn't sure what to expect. Luckily, it turns out that my fears were completely unfounded. The Super 8 Midtown was clean, spacious, and most importantly, it was safe. The hotel had free parking, free wifi, and free breakfast. I had no complaints and would definitely stay here again. In fact, I would probably CHOOSE to stay here, over a pricier hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
abqhotels, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque/Midtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay, Bethany. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would choose to stay again. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with an enjoyable experience and I am so happy you were able to experience that firsthand. We hope that on any future trips you may make to Albuquerque that you give us the pleasure of once more providing you with an clean, comfortable stay.

Warm Regards,