“Service was excellent, above and behond”

Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
Ranked #9 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I wish I knew her name, but there was a very kind middle-aged woman who helped me check in at the front desk. She was incredible. I had never been to Albuquerque before, and she had a lot of great tips on how to make my stay enjoyable. She was very courteous. She shared with me things that I didn't realize would be helpful until after I had heard them. I also received great service from the rest of the staff there. I was very impressed with the people working there.

The rooms and bathrooms were not quite as big as I would have hoped, but the excellent service far outweighs any complaints I had.

I also really liked the New Mexican ambiance throughout the entire hotel. Very well done!

I also liked that I was within short walking distance to three museums: the national history museum, art museum, and the Explora science museum.

Room Tip: I enjoyed being able to see the mountains from my room. If you like seeing mountains in the distance...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephen A
Molly R, General Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Stephen A. Thank you for staying at Hotel Albuquerque! We appreciate you recognizing one of our staff members at the front desk. We also appreciate your comments about our location, New Mexican ambiance and excellent service. Thank you once more for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel was a little dated but clean. The hotel is very large and a nice hotel. The room is just a little dated with small double beds and old TV's. The location is great as you can walk to old town and shop and eat. The guy at check in was really nice. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Kyprincess, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We are so pleased you had a good stay. We appreciate your comments on our staff, location and cleanliness. Thank you once more for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque to demonstrate our excellent quality, services and future improvements to our product. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hotel Albuquerque has to be in one of the best locations in Albuquerque. this hotel is next to old town and the museum district. walking to these locations is very easy. there are many many restaurants close by also.
the lobby is great. there is a large restaurant on site with both indoor and outdoor seating. the outdoor pool is large with many seating areas.
no charge for parking. a definite plus and many restaurants of this class tend to charge. free wifi also.
the room is nice though I would have preferred a king or queen bed. why they have double beds is beyond me, but the beds look wonderful. do they have somebody ironing the sheets? this was my first thought. very nice!
the bathroom is a bit small but the shower has great water pressure. Aveda products are placed in the bathroom. again nice!
the rooms overlooking old town have balconies. I was on the other side of the building. initially I was a bit upset about this, but when I walked to the window I had a great view of the mountains. I left the curtain open so that I was waken up with the sunrise. orange & pink & yellow reflecting off the clouds behind the purple mountains. gorgeous.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a king bed and with a mountain view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michaelluna

Dear michaelluna, Thank you for the review and for recommending Hotel Albuquerque. We appreciate your comments on our complimentary Wi-Fi, great location, lobby, restaurant and iron sheets! We are so glad you enjoyed the beautiful view. Thank you once more for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hotel Albuquerque is a beautiful hotel located within walking distance of the historic old town. I really enjoyed the pool and outdoor restaurant. It would have been nice if there were coffee available either in the room or in the lobby. But the ambiance and customer service made up for it. Rooms were clean and decorated well. Staff was helpful and courteous. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I would get a room on the upper floors to have a better view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lori Y

Dear Lori Y, Thank you for staying with us and commenting on our charming hotel! We are glad you enjoyed our beautiful hotel, location, pool and staff. Thank you once more for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back! Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Visited recently to attend a wedding at the hotel. Great venue for a wedding! Beautiful chapel onsite. The hotel had comfortable rooms, good service, tasty drinks, nice pool, and beautiful landscaping. We didn't get a chance to venture to Old Town, but it was very close.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear lulu255, We are so happy you had a great stay and enjoyed the wedding! Thank you for commenting on our guestrooms, service, drinks, pool and landscaping. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque to demonstrate our excellent quality, services and future improvements to our product. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Located just south of the interstate and easy to find, this former Sheraton property is definitely suited for catering to a business and convention crowd with all of its meeting rooms and exposition areas, it also has a smallish feel ideally located adjacent to the Old Town area of Albuquerque. Rooms are well appointed. Bathrooms on the smallish size. We opted for a larger suite with a balcony. Excellent views of downtown and the pool. The lobby is nice and the hotel personnel were all pleasant and helpful. The pool area is nice and clean. Plenty of towels and fairly empty until later in the afternoon. Easy access to get to and from the airport as well. Would definitely stay again. Good wi-fi throughout the hotel and rooms at no charge. Always a plus.

Room Tip: Pick a room that ends in "19."
1  Thank t-bonetraveller

Dear t-bonetraveller, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We appreciate your comments on our location, lobby, pool and staff. We are glad you enjoyed the views from our guestrooms. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque to demonstrate our excellent quality, services and future improvements to our product. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 kids last week for a night. After a terrible day full of flight delays and lost luggage, this hotel was a pleasant surprise. The room was clean and comfortable with a great view. No balcony, but that was OK for us. The kids loved the pool, which was big and clean. The hotel is close to the airport and only steps away from Old Town, and the staff is very friendly and professional. There was a wedding and a family reunion going on while we were there, but we did not notice any lapse in service. The only downside - we ate breakfast here, which was tasty but cost $50, more than our dinner in Old Town the night before - yikes! Our fault for not checking the menu beforehand.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 9th floor overlooking the parking lot - but in the morning, our view of the hot...
1  Thank heffabug

Dear heffabug, Thank you for bringing your family to Hotel Albuquerque! We are so happy you had a pleasant stay and the kids enjoyed the pool. Thank you once more for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque to demonstrate our excellent quality, services and future improvements to our product. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.