“Marvelous Views and Great Staff”

Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
Ranked #10 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here six nights for a combination conference and vacation.The staff, particularly Leo in the dining room, were extremely helpful and friendly. We usually do not eat often in hotel dining rooms, but the food was so good and the service so welcoming that we breakfast there every day and had several dinners as well. The hotel is a little old-fashioned, but it was perfectly fine for us. We'd definitely stay there again if we were in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: The rooms facing north and east have wonderful views of the mountains, although lots of radiant heat...
1  Thank Larry P
Molly R, General Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Larry P, Thank you for staying at Hotel Albuquerque for six nights. We are glad you had an opportunity to enjoy the hotel for both a conference and vacation. Thank you for recognizing Leo from our restaurant. We are glad you enjoyed the food and service. Thank you again for the feedback, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed here for two nights during June because I was speaking at a seminar there. In my haste, when packing up my belongings to check out of the hotel, I forgot my iPhone charger, still connected to the wall socket. I know, if I had a penny for every time this happens to me!

Well, I called as soon as I realized it and House Keeping informed me that they had indeed found my charger in my room. They said I should speak to Barbara Apodaca, Head of Housekeeping so that she could take my information and mail it back to me. I spoke with her and she was so kind! She went out of her way to send me back my charger by mail using her own stamps, so I did not have to worry about the cost of mailing it. A truly kind gesture and I will try to repay it to someone in need.

In addition, the Hotel grounds are beautiful!

Thank You, Barbara!!

1  Thank GStewart22

Dear GStewart22, Thank you for your review and for staying at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town. We are so delighted Barbara was able to return your cell phone charger. We appreciate you recognizing Barbara. Thank you once more for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Love Love Love Casa Esencia @ Hotel Albuquerque. Awesome people, great atmosphere, and most importantly the security is simply AMAZING! Through my night club wanderings I have found that security, service, and a great DJ are what determines the way my night is gonna go, and I must say everyone was on point. I would like to specifically point out security, and how awesome they were through out the night. As everyone knows Night Clubs can be a scary place for a girls night out however, through out my night there was a constant known presence of security, giving me the piece of mind to wind down and actually have fun with my friends! Kudos to Hotel Albuquerque their security staff!!

Sarah

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sarah, Thank you for the review. We are so happy you loved Casa Esencia! We appreciate your comments on our security staff, atmosphere and service. We are glad you enjoyed the DJ. We look forward to another opportunity welcome you back to Casa Esencia, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great experience for conference travel! Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, banquet food service was the best I can remember having in the last 5 years. The hotel restaurant was also very good. Location next to the historic shopping district was convenient. Room was clean and appointed nicely - with great views of the mountains and hot air balloons rising in the distance each morning. Pool area was large, clean, and beautifully landscaped.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms overlook courtyard area.
1  Thank Allison T

Dear Allison T, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We are so pleased you had a great conference experience. We appreciate your comments on our staff, banquet food and service. We are glad you enjoyed the views from our guestrooms. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Our event was for 400 people and is our major fundraising event for child abuse prevention (UNM NMCAPP-NM child abuse prevention partnership.). We have held it at other venues but I have never felt compelled to write about a venue. 100 percent outstanding! We worked with Courtney who is very patient and accommodating. As with any fundraising event there are so many aspects to consider and Courtney was right on board with each one. First off the venue itself is peppered with New Mexico SW charm. The ballroom is beautiful! The tasting for our committee was great. Beautiful presentation with the chef coming out to meet us and present each dish. We chose beef, pecan crusted chicken and a salmon entree which were well paired with starch and veggie. Dishes for 400 people were served with enough wait staff and this included wine service. Food was raved about by every guest! The best thing about their catering department is how accommodating they are to make sure everything is perfect! From the 30 plus tables and linen for our silent auction items, to setting up the ballroom for 400 people, there was not a single thing missed! I cannot say this about any other venue! Some of the things that stand out when comparing other venues: hotel washed 800 green wine goblets and glasses we had purchased. Not once but twice. Hotel gave us extra ballroom space we didn't think we needed...and we did. Hotel gave us extra bar and bartender, again, we didn't think we needed it...and we did. Courtney was present all day Saturday during set up, checking on our needs and overseeing the ballroom set up. She was present during the silent auction to double check everything. Can't say enough about Courtney and the catering staff! Great discounts on corkage fees, AV, Lighting, and rooms. This was one of our most successful events and the hotel was a huge part of this. We will be hosting next years event at Hotel Albuquerque which I think is the best compliment of all. Thank you Courtney and Hotel Albuquerque!

Room Tip: Great for wedding or special event venue!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DDtwo

Dear DDtwo, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and for selecting Hotel Albuquerque for your fundraiser. We are thrilled the event was outstanding and Courtney was part of that reason! We are so delighted your guests raved about the food. We can’t tell you enough how happy we are that you are coming back next year! Thank you again!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed at theHotel Albuquerque this week for a conference. It was a great conference location. It is very close to Old Town and within walking distance of many great restaurants. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. The conference food was exceptionally good. The decor of the hotel is authentically southwestern and very tasteful. The only semi-negative aspect is that the rooms could really use an update. The rooms very very clean but dated and the carpet is looking a bit worn. Otherwise this was a great hotel and I would definitely come back again. The courtyard area is absolutley fantastic in the morning and the evening!!

Room Tip: The double rooms have balconies that overlook the central courtyard and fountains. The king tooms h...
1  Thank MikeM_FL

Dear MikeM_FL, Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We are so happy you enjoyed your conference experience. We appreciate your comments regarding our location, food, staff and courtyard. We truly value your feedback about our guestrooms. We are truly committed to investing in our property in the future. Thank you again for the feedback, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This is another great Albuquerque Hotel. Nice location to visit old town, and great staff. The rooms are rather average for the prices but sometimes location is everything! The on site bar is pretty cool as well as the hotel itself is known for hosting some fun events. If visiting old town ABQ is your destination, this is your best option.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Kimberly M, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We appreciate your comments about our location, staff and bar. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!