I called on Sunday February 8th around 8 pm to make a reservation. I told the gentleman who answered the phone that I wished to make a reservation and he put me through to an extension which rang a few times, and then a recording announced that the Reservations Office was closed for the evening. What kind of hotel won't let you make a phone reservation at 8 o'clock at night?
I called back on Monday February 11th at 8:15 pm and was put on hold. I waited five minutes and no one came back to pick up the phone. I hung up and called again and this time I asked the gentleman named Drakkar (spelling?) who answered the phone, "Is the Reservations Department open?" (I vaguely remembered from the recording that the week day and weekend hours of that office were different.) Instead of telling me that in fact the Reservations Office closed at 8 p.m., Drakkar simply put me through to the recording again. (I guess if I had listened better to the recording the first time I would have remembered they close at 8 pm.)
I called back a third time and asked Drakkar if I could speak with his supervisor and he told me his supervisor was not there, and that he was was sorry but he was busy helping a guest. I can certainly understand that but all he needed to do was tell me in the beginning that the Reservations Office closes at 8 pm and then asked me whether or not I'd like their voice mail to leave a message.
Based on the reviews I might find it to be a nice hotel if I can ever get through to make a reservation lol. I would make the reservation online but I'd like to inquire about an AAA discount and I did not see that online.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Albuquerque offers New Mexican hospitality in with Albuquerque sophistication. Adorned with a historic touch of contemporary furnishings inside its territorial-style exterior, the hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience. Comfort is melded with New Mexican elegance in every one of the 188 guest rooms. The hotel offers restaurants, bars and social venues on the property to satisfy the hungry, the high-class, and the ultra-chic. As a landmark to the city, the hotel sits quaintly in the historic Old Town area, where guests can conveniently walk to several attractions, parks, museums, and shops. After one experience at the Hotel Albuquerque, you’ll feel like calling Albuquerque your home."Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At Old Town Albuquerque
- At Old Town Hotel Albuquerque
- Hotel Albuquerque Old Town