When we planned our trip to New Mexico I had initially booked a rather simple hotel right next to the Interstate for economic and convenience reasons. But shortly before getting to Albuquerque I changed my mind and had a second look and boy was I glad to cancel the original booking and booking Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town!
To explore the Old Town there is certainly no better place to stay as one walks only 2 mins over the Hotel car park and one street and you enter Old Town Albuquerque! Here you find the expected nice mix of restaurants and shops and after a fine meal just walk back to the hotel.
The hotel itself has a very comfortable and inviting lobby and the rooms are spacious and clean. I asked for a quiet room and we were given one on the 10th floor (yes, the rooms are in a rather normal 10 story hotel building, while the lobby and restaurant is in an adobe style annex) which was great as we had no street noise and a great view over Albuquerque. Interesting enough our view was not towards Old Town but towards the Interstate in the distance and in the morning we could see hot air balloons starting and slowly flying over our hotel.
Overall a very pleasant stay and recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Albuquerque offers New Mexican hospitality in with Albuquerque sophistication. Adorned with a historic touch of contemporary furnishings inside its territorial-style exterior, the hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience. Comfort is melded with New Mexican elegance in every one of the 188 guest rooms. The hotel offers restaurants, bars and social venues on the property to satisfy the hungry, the high-class, and the ultra-chic. As a landmark to the city, the hotel sits quaintly in the historic Old Town area, where guests can conveniently walk to several attractions, parks, museums, and shops. After one experience at the Hotel Albuquerque, you’ll feel like calling Albuquerque your home."Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At Old Town Albuquerque
- At Old Town Hotel Albuquerque
- Hotel Albuquerque Old Town