We stayed here one night before flying out of Albuquerque after a trip to Santa Fe. Check in was fast and easy (although came back to bite us later). The room was average. Problems with room: 1) dark long hair was stuck all over the inside of the shower curtain; 2) drain was slow and you stood in water while showering; 3) shower release didn't work so most of the shower water still came out of spout; 4) bedside lamp did not work; 5) TV was old and you had to prop the doors open on the TV cabinet to watch it; 6) beds were very old and had no support.
But the real issue was customer service. We wanted to get some iced tea or juice and there was no where to get any (the little gift shop was closed because it was Christmas). We asked a waitress at the restaurant/bar and she told us we would have to sit in the bar to get anything. We did not want to sit at the bar and asked where we could get something or if there were vending machines. She said no, only the bar. We left the property and wandered around the area (on Christmas) in our rental car until finding an open store. We later saw in guest information that there were vending machines near the bar area, but we never saw them and the girl either didn't know or want to tell us.
We ordered room service for dinner and nearly an hour later called down again asking were our food was. The girl on the phone apologized and said it was on the way. 20 minutes later it arrived. It as delicious and they comped the meal because of the delay.
The next morning when we went to check out the man at the desk could not find our reservation and seemed confused when I asked to pay for the night in cash. Still it went okay and off we went. Later that day I received several e-mails from the hotel saying 1) our reservations had been changed; 2) we were no-shows and subject to a cancellatiion fee. HUH?
As soon as I arrived home I called the hotel and was told there was some confusion and that the manager had been working on it. No kidding! It seems the man who checked us in did something wrong. Our reservations got changed to 2 nights instead of just the one and we were noted as no-shows, which triggered the cancellation fee. The man I spoke to on the phone at first claimed I must have done something wrong when I made the reservation online. I remembered clearly making the reservation on the phone. Also I checked our original reservation receipt and it was for only 1 night, not two, and told him so. Then and only then did he admit to the error being done on their end at check-in. It seems we're okay now, but I'm watching to make sure the charge on my credit card disappears in the next few days.
We stayed at a sister property in Santa Fe and while the hotel was much nicer, guest services were horrible. This company needs to retrain their people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Albuquerque offers New Mexican hospitality in with Albuquerque sophistication. Adorned with a historic touch of contemporary furnishings inside its territorial-style exterior, the hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience. Comfort is melded with New Mexican elegance in every one of the 188 guest rooms. The hotel offers restaurants, bars and social venues on the property to satisfy the hungry, the high-class, and the ultra-chic. As a landmark to the city, the hotel sits quaintly in the historic Old Town area, where guests can conveniently walk to several attractions, parks, museums, and shops. After one experience at the Hotel Albuquerque, you’ll feel like calling Albuquerque your home."Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At Old Town Albuquerque
- At Old Town Hotel Albuquerque
- Hotel Albuquerque Old Town