“The Very Good, Just OK and Indifference”

Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Let me start off by saying that if you are looking for a hotel in Old Town... this is your best choice I stayed here a few nights on business. It has many good qualities. The location is walking distance to Old Town and it is located a block off of an interstate which makes it easy to access. Free parking is an added bonus. My service customer experience at the front desk was professional and flawless. The lobby screams Old Town authenticity and the VERY large wood burning fireplace (in use I might add) with appointed furnishings looked like a nice place to relax and visit if one had the opportunity. I didnt eat in the restaurant but I overheard others say it was good. The room was OK. The furnishings were southwest flare and the bed was comfy however I felt the bathroom to be a little small. There is little to no area around the sink to lay things down. This wasnt a big deal for me however others may take issue with it. If you look closely around the bathroom you might find a splash of spakle or slightly peeled wallpaper where the old hotel is showing her age but for the price and location, its not a deal breaker. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again given the opportunity.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Shannon L, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Thank you for your review. Hotel Albuquerque is a unique hotel that embodies the Albuquerque culture throughout our public space and into our guest rooms. Our goal is to give our guests a great experience and make them feel at home when they stay with us. We want everything to be convenient so we appreciate your feedback regarding the bathroom space. As we continue to make improvements, we'll look at this area to make sure guests have enough space to place their personal items.
We hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again, please stop by the restaurant on your next visit and enjoy a great meal or relax in front of the fireplace and let us bring you a beverage as you enjoy the warm fire.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,876)

Reviewed December 13, 2012

It was my 2nd time ever staying there and once again i was not disappointed.The room was really nice and the employees were very friendly.The beds were super comfortable. I must say i think this is one of the nicer hotels in Alb. and would love to stay there again sometime.I would def recommend all my friends to stay there if they are ever in albuquerque visiting..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We would love to have you back as our guest. Thank you for recommending Hotel Albuquerque.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I arrived in Albuquerque around 5:00 on a Sunday evening after a long drive. My friend and I exited Interstate 40 and headed for Old Town. Neither of us was familiar with the town or where we might stay. We were cold and tired. We saw a tall building nearby and headed for it thinking it might be a hotel. It was the Hotel Albuquerque. When we walked into the lobby I thought ... this beautiful place will be much too expensive. To my surprise it was comparable to the "chain motels" in price. It was beautiful and comfortable. The staff was welcoming and gave us good recommendations on places to dine within walking distance. We were extremely pleased and I hope to return with my husband and stay more than one night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. We're glad you located us in Old Town. We are conveniently located off a major interstate and within walking distance to many local attractions. We hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again. Our staff will be happy to assist in recommending places to see that will make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stay here every time I'm in Albuquerque, the rooms are always clean and the staff are always accommodating. It's quite and relaxing during the day, and has a great nightlife, from Q Bar to Casa Esencia. The dining in the hotel is amazing! The food is delicious and priced fairly.

Room Tip: Ask for the balcony!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

We are very pleased to hear that you stay with us whenever you're in Albuquerque. You can count on our staff to always do their best to ensure that you have a great stay. Thank you for the nice comments and we'll see you on your next visit.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

In addition to being extremely pleasant over-the-phone while taking your reservation, she's a wealth of information on anything and everything Albuquerque.

Local restaurants, breweries, nightlife, food, sporting events, museums and even directions to said places; she's a wealth of knowledge. If you're spending a night or two in Albuquerque and unsure about things to do... ask for Laura.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for mentioning Laura in your review. She enjoys her job and it shows in her great attitude and in the way she treats our guests. We are truly fortunate to have her on our team.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I visited Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town this past weekend. Check-in was easy and fast, and the front desk staff was nice. The room was clean and made up well when I got in. The view of Albuquerque was wonderful. I visited the Casa Esencia nightclub and had a terrific time as well. With it's location in Old Town there's plenty to do and plenty of nice restaurants to visit. Hotel Albuquerque is the best hotel in Albuquerque I have been to. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We went last weekend and loved the hotel. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The staff was wonderful to us and my small children. The kids love the hotel and the fact the gave them cookies at check in. The rooms were comfy, clean, and nicely sized. Staff was always pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Shannon L, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you and your family again in the future.