Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
Monterey Motel(Albuquerque)
Express Inn(Albuquerque)
The Hotel Blue(Albuquerque)
1,917 results
All reviewsq barcasa esenciafront desknew mexicohotel restaurantmexican foodwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelhot air balloonssandia mountainsballoon fiestaconferencebalconyqbarlobbyweddingsouthwest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is a very grand historic hotel, located a short walk to Old Town. The staff were amazingly polite and accommodating, catering to our every need. There is a beautiful courtyard which is a perfect place to relax in the sun, or a pool deck for lounging poolside. Beautiful view of the city or mountains too!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank ZipDr
Shannon L, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the great comments and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Albuquerque for 4 nights recently while attending a dance (tango) festival and workshop weekend. The hotel more than lived up to my expectation. It's location in Old Town is near several galleries, boutique shops, restaurants, and two major museums. It is also within walking distance (1/2 mile) to the Rio Grande River where there are loads of walking and biking paths.

But the hotel room is the important topic here. The room was attractive, clean and nicely appointed. We especially liked the dramatic vies (even from the 3rd floor) and small balcony typical of most rooms; very sweet. The staff was especially friendly--and that includes everyone right down to the housekeeping staff. Although not featured in the literature, the courtyard with its covered arcade table seating, arbor, and lawn surrounded by rosemary and jasmine shrubs, was a wonderful retreat with a glass of wine after attending workshops all afternoon. I highly recommend this hotel.

The Hotel Albuquerque has two bars. The dressy Q-Bar is an attractive, adult lounge which attracts hip locals to dj'd dance parties on the weekends. A more casual, cozy bar is located in the restaurant and stocks a small, but worthy, wine menu.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank DONALD R

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. Our location is great and gives our guests a variety of attractions to visit, all within walking distance. Old Town Plaza is the best and holds alot of history with it's unique shops and the oldest building in the city. The San Felipe de Neri Church which Hotel Albuquerque is currently helping to support the construction of an alter in the chapel by donating a portion of room revenue. Thank you for stayng with us and helping to support this cultural cause.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our first time in Albuquerque and we found the location of the hotel to be perfect. A short walk from Old Town and very close to the I40. Our room was lovely with a nice view of old town and sunsets and sunrises. The room was great, everything well lit and a little desk next to the bathroom so you can spread out your toiletries. I lost a ring so I searched each crevasses of the room and I was impressed that everything was clean. What was most impressive however were the staff members. I work in hospitality and I have rarely seen more genuinely friendly people! Not often does one interact with maintenance team members at hotel, but they were so super friendly. Housekeeping and Front Desk also really cared, so that I came back for a second visit. My only suggestion is to keep the pool open a little longer; we visited on November 4th and the weather was truly gorgeous, yet the pool was closed. Overall a perfect stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an odd number, they look south. We had a special rate and got one of these lovely rooms. When the hotel is not full they try to give you the best available.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I have had stayed here twice before - both fabulous! This year my husband and I are celebrating our 60th birthdays (and 40th anniversary!) and we brought our son and his girlfriend with us as part of a big three week road trip. We cannot praise this hotel highly enough. Location is perfect- a couple of minutes walk from Old Town and all that has to offer. The view from our balconies of Old Town and the Ro Grande- and to the mountains beyond is really beautiful. The entrance/ lobby area is breathtaking;rooms gorgeous and bed Huge! Breakfast in Cafe Plazuela is an experience to remember! I had the chilli eggs benedict again- absolutely delicious-our son who is a real food connoisseur also had this and was stunned!. Please do not let the fact that there are often weddings put anybody off- we were never bothered by any noise at all and in fact found the weddings an added charm- so beautiful to see. The crowning glory of the hotel is the staff- they are of the highest calibre- friendly and welcoming, alongside outstanding professionalism and helpfulness (they gave us exactly the two specific rooms we had requested). The young gentleman on reception Mark remembered us from last year and was utterly and genuinely charming-all the staff display extremely impressive interpersonal skills and are there to make your stay perfect. We would love to come back and highly recommend.

Room Tip: we love the rooms with a balcony and a view of Old Town
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your outstanding review of our hotel and staff. We are very grateful that you continue to return to Hotel Albuquerque. We will always have a place for you and your family and our staff is ready to provide you with service that makes you feel welcome and right at home. We want you to feel that you are part of our Heritage family. We'll see you on your next trip.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our 1st visit to New Mexico and this the first hotel of a 3 week trip. The foyer is really lovely and a nice welcome to the New Mexico style. We had room 901, which was a little too near the elevator for my liking but we had 2 x queen beds with great mattresses and pillows so managed to sleep well. The pool area is huge - we saw many pools on our trip and this was the biggest. Location to Old Town perfect and a stroll across the parking lot to Seasons Grill - this is a must - see my separate review. Value for money was good - we've paid much more for hotels of less quality. The front desk staff were efficient and pleasant. My only puzzle was housekeeping - we left the hotel room at 10am on Sunday to go shopping and returned at 4pm but the room hadn't been cleaned. It was actually not cleaned at all during our 2 night stay i.e by the time we checked out on monday morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We are pleased that you chose to stay with us. We appreciate the great comments and are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that your room was not cleaned. I have reviewed this with our Rooms Division Manager and we are currently addressing this with our housekeeping staff. Thank you for your review. We hope you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to New Mexico.