“Clean but sort of carefree (or free of care).”

Ramada Albuquerque East
Ranked #113 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Very clean and neat in a sort of cluster of hotels in NE ABQ, but (wife smokes) and there were no ashtrays in a smoker's king, none at the front desk and housekeeping was gone (apparently for two days). Made a nice ashtray by cutting a Pepsi can in half and bending it down. Time change had happened the night before, but hot here. The electronic 6 AM wake up came at 5 AM (discovered it about a half hour later since room clocks had not been reset). Ice machine right around the corner broken, so a two-building drive to get ice. Watching the news after the world series game 5 (wife in bed and asleep) and the bed backboard falls off the wall. Kind of like a candid camera experience. Great pizza delivery from a nearby Pizza Hut. Probably the best part of the experience. Hotel GMs ought to be made to spend a night in each one of their rooms.... In a climate where even the best of resorts are price point pitching in the $80 range, we didn't choose wisely (think that was from an Indian Jones movie....)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed September 27, 2009

Large older rooms, Pool was a treat after a long day driving. Close to 6and 40. close to casions. comfortable beds. breakfast ok, unlike super 8 they had meat and fruit.$62 for 3 tax included. bar empty, wanted a beer,but music way to loud (who were they playing for "empty chairs" "YOU MUST STAY HERE", just to see the bathroom between the bar and the lobby. It is the most fithy and disgusting I have ever seen at a hotel in America. I would bet the C.D.C. does not even know the names of the GERMS in that bathroom .Really this is the TRUTH. You have gottaaaaa see this bathroom

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ddt800
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Lobby looks nice and staff friendly, but hotel is a nightmare. Also, don't count on being able to connect to the internet.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2009

This is a gross place rooms were dirty and stunk. Gives a bad name to the Quality Inn name.Will not be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Let me start by saying,this stay was not a planned stay and I also had a coupon from a room savers book for $47. We had a bad day traveling cross country and I decided to end my horrible day. My kids handed me my room savers book and I called ahead to make sure they could honor it.
Karen the desk agent was very sweet on the phone and in person. Karen asked us if we wanted to see the room before hand,I declined.Karen also stated "If there is ANY THING you are unhappy with please let me know I will change your room." Our room was in building C first floor. Our room was perfectly clean and comfortable. The vanity outside the bathroom was a bit tilted,no big deal. They kept the pool open til 10pm and let us get a swim in.
There was a few "partyers in our hall around 2am. They had decided to get a room rather than drive,good choice. I only knew this because i went out to have a smoke. I could not hear a peep coming from outside our room.
The beds were comphy,we had a fridge/micro,all bath ammenities were provided. Breakfast would have been more enjoyable had a few loud ignorant obsene people not have been there.You know the kind that were never taught manners and the parents(adults 50+) dont care. The breakfast attendant should not sitting on her rear talking to her friend and actually done her JOB. Alot of people need a j o b. She should be grateful.
In the morning I had a nice talk with the front desk agent Brittany. She was also very nice and informative.
I have to close this saying,I am very disapointed with the quality of Quality Inns. This is the 3rd I have stayed in,and the best. Quality Inns seem to be the motel 6 of Choice Hotels. I would rather pay the price I did for a Quality inn than at a Motel6 or Red Roof.
Its a good night stay for my purpose. Had been able to do some research I may have picked some where else.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We stayed in Choice Hotels all across the country for our vacation this summer and all were good or very good with the exception of this hotel. Here is why: Did not provide luggage cart, Room was filthy, Trash was in room, Lamp was broken, no wireless in room, blinds let light in from parking lot, towel rack falling out of wall, electrical outlet on desk unreliable, orange substance on one outlet, sportsbar next door, woke to thumping music before 7 a.m.. THE WORST PART was when I was using my laptop in the lobby around 1 a.m. (because wireless did not work in room) and a 20-30 something vagrant man walked in after taking unsmoked cigarette butts out of outdoor ashtrays and smoking them, demanded water from clerk who asked the man to leave because he was not a guest, the man began cussing her out (at which point I personally had to intervene and demand that he leave). The clerk was a petite early twenties woman and there was no way for her to keep hotel locked for her own safety or the safety of guests, which I had thought was standard at night (especially in this neighborhood). She might have been assaulted had I not been there. We were also concerned about our car in the parking lot. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Swimming pool closed at 6pm on a 90 F day so it could be "shocked" according to the desk girl. Taking care of the pool is done during the day- not when travelers are settling in for the evening. Blackbirds were in the pool area that crapped on the sidewalk, and likely in the pool, then you track the crap in your room onto the carpet. No lobby computer to make advance reservations-so went to the Holiday Inn Xprs next door to make a Choice Hotels reservation for the next night. Coffee pot in room did not work. Breakfast was really bad. Security locks on building doors were not operating. In all, not a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family