“Mediocre”

Albuquerque Marriott
Ranked #52 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Mediocre”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Had some issues with our room, with the a/c and mold in our shower. However the staff were all friendly and helpful. Especially the front desk person Matt M. Upon check out he listened to my concerns and promptly took action to remedy these issues.
Thank you Matt.

• Stayed July 2014
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We appreciate your review of our hotel. We apologize that you were not satisfied with the overall hotel stay. Our goal is for every guest to leave happy and I am sorry that you did not feel that way upon your departure. I will address your concerns with our management team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is truly appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed for one night, which happened to be the same day as a wedding that was happening here. The front desk was completely overwhelmed. This is a 15-floor hotel, and we were given a room on the same floor (11th) as all the people staying for the wedding. In fact, the front desk thought we were part of the wedding party, since we were on the same floor, when we asked about our WiFi. Told us we got free WiFi being in the wedding party. When I corrected them, they said we still got free WiFi, for some reason. They didn't even know why..Being on the same floor as the wedding guests, we had a lot of loud, drunk people going down the hallways and in the elevators.
Bed was comfortable.
They have no information books in the room telling you where to find ice machines, guest laundry, etc. The hotel info channel had no hotel info - just access to your account. We had to find these areas for ourselves, as the front desk was so busy and overwhelmed. Laundry is on the 1st floor, below the lobby floor; so if you are on the top floors, you have a long ride down to do and check on your laundry.
We were unable to adjust the thermostat in our room. We could not access WiFi in our room; we had to go to the lobby's computer area and have hotel staff show us how to get on. The channel guide on the TV was a blank screen - black - no channel listing or guide of any kind, There was a table of ice water by the elevator in the lobby, but no cups were supplied. For several hours, the ice water was available with no drinking cups. They finally removed the ice water rather than supplying cups. No mini fridge in our room, which we were finding out was the case with most Marriott Courtyard hotels.

Room Tip: I would avoid this hotel, but if you stay request a room on a lower floor to access pool, guest laun...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Park City, Utah
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hotels like this are what got the videoconferencing industry going. Overpriced to begin with, then gouging you at every turn for your last nickel. Even though my employer paid the $200 per night, I felt terribly self-conscious that this conference was costing as much as the health budget of small nations -- and then I'm stunned to learn Marriott wants $15 per day for Internet service, as well. I looked longingly up the street at Starbucks and McDonalds, where I could get Internet for free. And the conference food -- yes, I know it was what the conference ordered -- was often this pasty, cafeteria stuff loaded with fat. I expected Marriott would have a better grade of pasty, cafeteria stuff, but no. To be honest, this Marriott was right in the groove of the business hotel world, pretty much indistinguishable from the Hyatts, Sheratons, Intercontinentals, etc. that are ubiquitous in cities -- not in the core, not in the suburbs, a $30 cab ride away from everything. All the right amenities were there, smiles all around, and I couldn't wait to get out. My only complaints unique to this hotel are that the elevators were very badly scheduled and the waits for service to/from the upper floors were interminable, and the higher floors seems to get blasted with freeway noise. Get a room as low down as you can. Also, I had to ask twice to get my TV fixed.

Room Tip: Lowest floor possible
Green Features: Seems to be zero. No linen options, no low-energy lights. Stuck in the '90s.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I appreciate your review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the overall hotel stay. The hotel's goal is for every guest to leave happy and I am sorry that you did not feel that way upon your departure. I will address your concerns with our corporate offices. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is greatly appreciated. Enjoy this beautiful day. Take care.

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Appreciated the amenities like the pool and exercise room. The staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. The food was mediocre and as a vegetarian I had no protein source for 4 of the 5 meals the hotel provided. (Note to kitchen- a fruit plate is not a protein source.) I also think the hotel could be more environmentally friendly. The room was cleaned well everyday. However, there was no option to inform the housekeeping staff that I did not need fresh towels and on all days the lights were left on in my room after they left. Finally, after inquiring at the front desk I found that this is the only forum for giving the hotel feedback. While I don't mind making my comments public, I'd prefer a face to face conversation.

Green Features: See above... not environmentally friendly in the options to re-use towels and housekeeping left lights on after cleaning the room both days.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Usa, Japan
Reviewed July 11, 2014

a good Marriott...nice staff...good location for places like the Air Force base and Sandia. Rooms are fine. Shopping center right across the street. Only problem is the hotel (on one side) faces the highway with some noise. I'd stay again!

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the highway
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this awesome review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you received Marriott's brilliant service. I apologize for the highway noise. Your business is greatly appreciated. Enjoy this lovely day. Take care.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed July 7, 2014

When I checked in, Matt M at the desk asked me if I might give their hotel a positive review. I thought to myself, "Well, only if the hotel exceeds my expectations. Wow! Every time I turned around, there was a staff member asking if I needed anything. I received directions about how to get around town, amazing service at the hotel bar, and some copies I needed to be made. All done with a clear effort to make this hotel excellent. Thanks to Matt M and the rest of the wonderful staff!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your business is greatly appreciated. We hope to provide you with Marriott's brilliant service on your next trip to Albuquerque. Enjoy this lovely day. Take care.
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are clean and beautiful. But the best thing was the service. Every experience was above average, the best was the barkeep, Benny, teaching us how to play poker! He was patient and went out of his way to make it a great experience!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post this excellent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you received Marriott's brilliant service. Your business is greatly appreciated. Enjoy this beautiful day. Take care.