“It was...okay. I guess.”

Albuquerque Marriott
Ranked #44 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We booked our room two month in advance (maybe a little more) knowing that the ABQ Balloon Festival was going on at the same time. When booking, we did prepay to get a lower rate. I tried several times to get them to take my money (a little weird hearing it now), they still hadn't taken it out prior to check in (despite that I was suppose to pay early). They did end up honoring the prepay price though but when we booked, we requested a low floor (due to fear of elevators). We were put on the 10th floor. When my husband asked about it, he was told that despite us reserving a room, they never ASSIGNED us a room and had booked our room to someone else (and had to cancel their reservation due to the being booked completely). Well, after the first hike up ten flights, I rode an elevator for the first time in 6 years. I guess that's good. Our room was TINY. Super tiny. We did have a good view of the highway and when the balloons were launched in the morning, we were able to watch them rise and fall. The first night we ordered pizza. We put our leftovers (almost 60 dollars worth of pizza and soda) in our mini fridge with the idea to eat them for lunch. The next morning we went about with our activities and came back...to find our mini fridge...and ALL of our food, gone. They took everything out of our room!!!!! We still aren't sure about why they removed it. I'm guessing another guest needed it and they just took our food with it. My husband wanted to make a big deal about it but seeing that my lips were chapped and our pizza was spicy, I didn't care anymore. I just wanted to enjoy our time in ABQ and deal with the room. The room was tiny but the bed was comfy. We slept well there except for hearing traffic on the highway all night (but it's an older hotel, what can you expect?). Our experience wasn't the worst but we would never stay here again. To get internet, we had to pay $13 a day and then go out for breakfast in the morning. Truthfully, I would have rather preferred a Holiday Inn over this. Their rooms are bigger and just as comfy and there is free wifi.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. We always try to maintain Marriott's high quality standards and apologize that we fell short. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your overall stay. Our goal is for every guest to leave happy and I am sorry that you did not feel that way upon your departure. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is truly appreciated. Please contact me directly to discuss your issues, Stella Helms at 505.837.6631.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I'm a Gold Member and we had to make a quick one night trip to Albuquerque for a real estate meeting. We stayed at the Albuquerque Marriott because of the location right off I-40 and the Concierge Lounge for snacks, drinks and breakfast. The service is excellent. Everyone is very friendly, rooms are spotless, beds are very comfortable with 5 feather pillows per queen size bed.
We got a great night's sleep! We will stay here every time we go to Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the Sandia Mountains. On the other side they look over the lights of the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post this excellent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you received Marriott's brilliant service. Your business is greatly appreciated. Enjoy this beautiful day. Take care.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel needs to be both clean and safe and the Marriott fulfilled my criteria. Traveling alone on business makes those a priority. The staff was attentive and answered my calls promptly and addressed me by name. The rooms were a little dated but clean and had a good view of the mountains. Great location right across from the mall.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so pleased to hear you were able to experience Marriott's brilliant customer service with a good view of the Sandia mountains in a clean room! Your business is greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for the feedback. Take care.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here in last week of September '13 for three nights. The hotel is located conveniently near the Kirtland Airforce base, Albuquerque Sunport international airport and across from the Uptown shopping mall. I enjoyed the convenient access to the concierge lounge for breakfast as well as evening snacks. My room was a bit on small side but had very comfortable bed.I will definitely consider returning to this hotel in future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel along with the hotel amenities and the local area. I am thrilled to have the pleasure of sharing your experience with the hotel's brilliant hosts. Your business is truly appreciated. Have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel had som eissues - key card system in the elevator only nworked part of the time. The hotel in general looked as if it needed some work. Concierge was not present all day Monday. Desk staff helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sending this review on our hotel. We always try to maintain Marriott's high quality standards and apologize that we fell short. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of our hotel. Our goal is for every guest to leave happy and I am sorry that you did not feel that way upon your departure. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is truly appreciated. Enjoy this lovely day.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Booked at last minute, a room for 2 nights during the height of the Balloon Festival, and received a great rate. We had stayed 2 nights prior at another lower level Marriott chain hotel and on a lark checked for availability at the Albuquerque Marriott and luckily booked a reservation.

Prompt, friendly check in and the lobby was packed with people in the early evening when we arrived.

Was upgraded due to our level with Marriott, and enjoyed the concierge lounge. Our room, on the 15th floor, looked directly at the mountains.

Room very clean, bed quite comfortable, internet was fast, no problems with the room.

Complimentary coffee/tea was available early in the morning near the elevators on the ground floor for those, such as ourselves, that were leaving early to go to the balloon festival.

Lucky we were able to get into this hotel for our second year of visiting the balloon festival on such a late notice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. It is always a pleasure for us to hear that our staff provided you with a prompt, friendly check in and that you enjoyed all of the amenities the hotel has to offer. We hope to see you back soon so that we may provide you with another brilliant stay! Have a great day.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had an extremely bad experience staying at this hotel. The hotel was completely full so they put me in a room that didn't have a regular bed. I had to sleep on a pull-out bed, which was extremely hard to sleep on. The pull-out bed didn't even have linen, which I had to request along with pillows. I got practically no sleep. The hotel staff was extremely unhelpful.

Room Tip: Don't expect much.
2  Thank Mark T

We appreciate your guest feedback, as it is the best source we have to use to show us what we need to improve upon. I apologize for the inconvenience we caused during your recent stay, especially for the hotel staff being extremely unhelpful. I will address each of your concerns to the department managers and will add this information to our daily training. Thank you for your feedback. Have a wonderful weekend.