“Great place for location and money”

Albuquerque Marriott
Ranked #52 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great place for location and money”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way from Colorado to Oklahoma. This is a nice place. Great bar, clean rooms, nice people. Good place for the money. Right off Interstate 40. Lots of things to do in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so pleased to hear you were able to experience Marriott's brilliant customer service, great bar and clean rooms! Your business is greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for the feedback. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at the Albuquery...Albuteroly...Albuqueeny...dang it.

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip, visiting for a week and a half. I found the facility to be very welcoming and well appointed, despite there being TWO wedding receptions at the hotel the weekend I checked in, and a full national convention there the week I was there as well. The staff was well prepared for the influx of guests. The service I received was as good as if I were the only guest on the property.

The room itself was very clean and nicely presented, including chocolates on the pillow. The television was new and worked perfectly, with a wide channel selection (no premium cable though). I was impressed with the desk's amenities, as well. An input panel allowed for my computer to connect to the TV via HDMI, VGA, or other inputs, and a cable was provided for same. A cable was also provided for the internet connectivity, which was a nice touch.

The view is definitely a selling point. My room faced west overlooking the pool, and each morning of my stay there were at least two hot air balloons hanging in the sky when I opened the curtains in the morning. Albuquerque is known for its hot air ballooning, and hosts an annual festival of hundreds of them. I recommend if you're in town for a holiday that you find a hot air balloon company to fly with.

The hotel offers internet service via WiFi as well as direct connection. However, the internet service costs 14.95 per 24 hour period, which is frankly outrageous for a hotel room costing as much as these do. A two dollar breakfast at McDonald's would get the same internet access. In 2013 I don't think that internet service is a "luxury" at a hotel as nice and as expensive as this. Internet service should be (and very often is) an assumed and included service, the same as maid service or a functioning television. The staff was very attentive to my (gentle) complaints in this regard, and explained that it was simply the hotel's policy. I will say that I was told that "most" Marriots have a similar policy, which in my not inconsiderable experience is not the case. However, it did not ruin my stay by any means, and as I said my complaint was heard and passed on to higher management, and was satisfied as best they were able.

There is a very well stocked gift shop/convenience store in the lobby, which is not affiliated with the hotel, but stays open till ten o'clock pm every night. The prices are not exactly what you'd find in a grocery store, but are not as inflated as, say, an airport. An ATM is also available, if you feel like spending three dollars to get cash.

A very nice and affordable breakfast is offered in the restaurant area off the lobby, and the lobby bar stays open late and is pretty well frequented, for those looking to tip a few back.

The pool is a very nice feature, and I was quite impressed. It is an indoor/outdoor pool, with passage allowing you to swim between the two. There is a seat to allow handicapped members of your family to take a dip easily as well. The gym looked well stocked but I, to my shame, did not partake of its benefits. I was a little disappointed with the lack of seating, though. There appears to be a lot more space than there are chairs, and more than once I found myself spreading a towel on the concrete for want of a place to sit.

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Albuquerque Marriott, and would not hesitate to visit again.

Room Tip: Rooms with windows facing east will light up like a furnace when the sun hits them. Get a westward...
2 Thank bzkarasek
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The photos you took in your guest room and in other areas of the hotel are beautiful. I do apologize for the WiFi charges; however, I will share your disappointment with the corporate office. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope to see you soon! Your business is truly appreciated.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We only spent a night at this location on a return trip to the Midwest, so did not get the full experience. However, the rooms were spacious though furnished fairly standard but comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful, and accommodating - providing a late night check-in.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank beachbumjk
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for posting this review of our property. Guest feedback is extremely important to us. We are so glad you experienced that the staff was friendly and helpful, and that they were able to accommodate your late night arrival. Your business is greatly appreciated.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We chose to spend the night here on a road trip from Houston to Las Vegas. This is an older property that seems very dated from the moment you pull up and is reaffirmed when stepping into the lobby. We found the property clean and sufficient for a night's stay. We would not stay here in the future though as we think this location has had too many coats of paint on it. We are of the opinion that a major remodel/renovation may be in order for this hotel to help bring it out of 1980s. This location seems to fall under par with Marriott standards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle C
We appreciate your honest review of our hotel. We always try to maintain Marriott's high quality standards and apologize that we fell short. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of our hotel. Our goal is for every guest to leave happy and I am sorry that you did not feel that way upon your departure. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is truly appreciated.
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have a problem with hotels whose windows do not open. You often get mold in the summer and what can you do if the windows do not open? Nothing. I called the front desk and they offered to send someone who would spray some perfume around the room to "freshen it up". This sounded revolting so I declined. There was always the moldy smell. This is my main complaint.
On the plus side, it was quiet, the bathroom & bed were clean. A bellman helped us print out our boarding pass. The fitness center and pool were both very nice.
On the minus side, there were many many people with not enough staff. We arrived with a lot of luggage and there was neither a cart nor bellman around.

1 Thank Isabel B
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for posting this review of our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear about our hotel being clean and our hotel associates being helpful. We do, however, want to apologize for the issues you encountered while staying with us. We will have our Front Office Manager staff appropriately in the future. The Engineering Department and Housekeeping Department will conduct an inspection on the other issue you encountered. Your business is greatly appreciated.
College Station, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was a little skeptical about the rooms given the other reviews I read, so I booked a room at the Marriott Pyramid North, but when I arrived there, I saw that there wasn't anything in walking distance, so I decided to go check this location out since it was closer to my route out of town the next day anyway. As soon as I saw the location near 3 malls with lots of shops and restaurants nearby, it was an easy choice regardless of what the rooms might be like. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice updated Marriott room with no issues. The service was great with bottles of water offered at check in and fruit water near the elevator in the evening and coffee in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JPC451
Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel along with the hotel amenities and the local area. I am thrilled to have the pleasure of sharing your experience with the hotel associates. Your business is truly appreciated.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2013

First let me start with what is good about the hotel. The location is perfect as it is located very close to 40. It also has many restuarants and retail shops located within walking distance. The manager was very helpful when I approached her about the issues with my room.

Now onto what is not so great about the hotel. I arrived at the hotel with a multitude of bags. I was offered a bottle of water which was nice, but never offered any assistance with my bags. I asked the reception agent if I could have a room away from the elevator and ice machine. I was told none where available for the type of room I booked, but I could get a double bed room to accomodate my request. I declined to only find when I went to open the door to the room I was booked, I was given a double bed room. I dragged all my luggage back to the lobby to speak to someone else to get the room I wanted. When the orginal agent saw me she did not acknowledge the fact I was back again or inquire if something was wrong.

Even though you may read the hotel has been updated I believe it is referring to the lobby and restuarant area. The rooms don't appear to be updated in years. In my room I had to turn the thermostat to 77 in order for it not to be ice station zero. In my co-workers room the thermostat had to be turned to 60 in order to get any cool air. The rugs are fraid and the walls have some stains.The sinks in the bathroom are very low so if you are over 5'7" you will need to bend a bit more to use the sink. I have an approximate 3/4 inch gap between the bottom of my door and the hallway, therfore at night the hallway lights create a bright night light in my room.

If I was staying for longer then a few days or on vacation as opposed to work related I would ask for another room. This hotel is not the typical Marriott I am use to experiencing.

1 Thank Beth V
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Manager at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of our property. Receiving feedback such as yours is the best way to show us how we can improve. We do apologize for being unable to fulfill your room request and the other issues you faced. The Front Desk has been made aware of your experience and is working on ways to improve our customer service. Our maintenance staff is addressing the issues with your guest room as well. We hope that this does not influence your decision to continue using Marriott Hotels, your loyalty is very important to us I do hope you will consider using our particular facility in the future, we would like the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to providing excellent customer satisfaction.