“Enjoyed My Stay”

Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Frisco, TX
“Enjoyed My Stay”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed four days. Room clean and updated. Cushy, comfortable bed/bedding. Clean. Friendly, helpful personnel. Tasty banquet food.

Trip Advisor description says daily newspaper. No paper any day and I missed it. No hotel shuttle to/from airport. $28 round trip from private shuttle company. There is a hotel provided complementary shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. This was not in the room information notebook or posted anywhere that I saw. Heard about it from word of mouth. I could have used the service earlier as we had no car.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Luray
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a convention on June 20-24, 2012. The room was clean and comfortable, but there were problems with the water. The first afternoon I noticed the water in the toilet bowl was so hot it was steaming. I had no trouble with the cold water until the water was shut off for 3 hours to fix the problem. It was fixed all right. The cold water was hotter than the hot water. The maintanence man came up at 11PM and told us to run the cold water in the sink and the tub until it got cold. That worked, but you had to do this every time you wanted cold water. He also told us that this Marriott had a reoccuring problem with the water for a long time. Can you imagine the waste of water resources in Albuquerque? The ice machine on our hall was broken the entire time I stayed there. On Friday night, I called room service for a pitcher of ice water. Thirty minutes later it had not arrived. I called room service and canceled the order so we could go to bed. Fifteen minutes later at 11:45 our cold water arrived. The bell hop stated he got the order fifteen minutes earlier. The next morning, the front desk told me she sent in request in as soon as I ordered the water. The employees couldn't get their stories straight. We asked for compensation, but were told there would be none since our convention rate was a special rate. We were told they would add 2000 points to our Marriott cards. Others on floors 3-6 were told they would get 500 points.

2 Thank Kathy J

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I along with a good friend of ours stayed here recently over the weekend. 06/22 checked out the 23rd. It was our second stay at the hotel. Check in was smooth. The young blonde girl behind the desk we could tell was still in training but did a great job checking us in and deserves some recognition in this review. She was very hospitable to us. Anyways, the room was as small as we remembered, but no biggie. The beds were WONDERFUL. We took the rest of the afternoon off and hit the pool area. Great lounge chairs and an awesome indoor and outdoor pool. We then went to the bar for dinner. JAMES was our server. James was super friendly with us and treated us great. He is a very good server, and that is hard to find these days, The other woman that worked that evening behind the bar was also so amazing to us. She was the highlight of our stay. I beleive her name was Brianna. I really hope that is her name. There was a small issue with our food and Brianna and James went above and beyond to correct it. The next morning Brianna was there for breakfast, and again she EXCEEDED in her service to us. Not only was she friendly and helpful, but she had a smile on the whole time and again made up for the little mishap with the food from the night before. THANK YOU BRIANNA. We very much appreciated everything you did for us. Oh and I cant forget the night auditor. He was also very nice and helpful to us...even at 3am. We would love to come back soon

Room Tip: Eat on property...food and service wonderful
Green Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were looking forward to a delightful time at this hotel during the recent Madame Alexander Doll Club Convention.
My roommate and I were assigned a room on the 6th floor which was very nice on arrival day which was Wednesday. On Thursday we started experiencing steaming water in the toilet. After contacting the front desk they said they were aware of the situation and it would be corrected Friday between 12P-3P when they were turning off all cold water on 3rd to 6th floor. HA when we returned to our room later that evening we were not only greeted by hot water in toilet but also hot water in both the cold and hot water lines. A call to the front desk and a maintenance man was went up at 11PM. His suggestion run both sink and tub until we got a temperature for the tub and cold water in sink. This only showed hotel knew it had a problem.
On Saturday we asked if we would be compensated for all this stress, answer was a big NO because we were on a convention rate. They did offer 2000 extra points, send up some bottled water and a fruit and pretzel tray to appease us. Be aware this hotel does not value their customers and it will reflect on how I feel about staying at another Marriott. This hotel was aware of this problem and should have been more interested in their guests convention rate or not.

Room Tip: consider another hotel in Albuquerque
3 Thank Marti N
Billings, Montana
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was in Albuquerque for a business meeting and needed to spend the night. Being on the road semi-frequently, one thing a business traveler needs is a comfortable bed, a nice flat panel TV and wireless access. Marriot has built it's reputation around being a consistent brand. Travelers know what to expect no matter where you are and Marriot delivers that.

Rooms were comfortable and current with the decor and staff was very accomodating as always. I'll stay again at this Marriot.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Eagar
Reviewed June 17, 2012

In the past I have thoroughly enjoyed this hotel my last visit was disappointing. The room they gave my family was extremely cramped and smelled like mold. There was still hair on the ceiling and walls of the bathroom from the previous guests. We were initially going to stay there 3 days and opted for only one after seeing the poor conditions of our room. For $199 a night I got a hotel room that was Motel 6 quality. They did easily refund my money for the two nights I decided not to stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TJ T
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 11, 2012

After running around Albuquerque all day in 96 degree heat, we looked forward to checking into our cool hotel room. Upon entering our 6th floor room we were greeted with a wall of heat, and even though we turned the thermostat down to 60 and cranked the fan up to high, the room remained so hot throughout our stay that we occasionally ventured into the hallway just to feel the (much) cooler air. Needless to say, we did not sleep well in the hot, stuffy room. The cool air oh-so-gently wafting from the vents was completely inadequate. It doesn't matter how nice the furnishings are if the HVAC system doesn't work.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family