Albuquerque Marriott
Hotel Parq Central(Albuquerque)
$169
$144
Official Website
Candlewood Suites Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$63
Econo Lodge Old Town(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$71
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
$79
La Quinta
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$80
$98
BestWestern.com
Days Inn & Suites Airport Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$65
All reviewsthe concierge loungeindoor outdoor poolshopping and restaurantslobby barbreakfast buffetthe general managerbusiness travelsandia mountainswould stay here againfront desk staffhot tubfitness centerthe entire staffmini fridgeballoon fiestanew mexicomarriotts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2007

I stayed at the Albuquerque Marriott for two weekday nights in December, 2007. This is a standard Marriott with some New Mexico flavor in the lobby and restaurant. It is well located at the Louisiana Blvd. interchange on I-40. I had a room at the far end of the hotel from the freeway and could hear only very slight traffic noise. I assume rooms overlooking the freeway would be noisier. Adequate free surface parking. Lots of restaurants nearby along Louisiana Blvd. Also new and very nice shopping centers in the immediate neighborhood.

My large and clean room had a comfortable true-king bed and an excellent floor lamp beside the chair for reading.

There are two free computers in a "business center" off the lobby, but both were always in use every time I checked. There is one computer in the concierge lounge I was able to use on one occasion. There also is a online boarding-pass-only computer and printer in the lobby that was available because of its limited function and I was able to use that to get my boarding pass.

I reserved a concierge-level room, but upon arrival was told the concierege level was full, but that I would have access to the lounge--but for only one night. The reason given was that the lounge would be closed from Dec. 18 to Jan. 2 because of lack of business during this period. This was a second experience I have had in a month of Marriott skimping on it concierge lounges. At the Salt Lake City Marriott City Center the lounge is closed on weekends. At Albuquerque it is closed for two weeks over Christmas "for lack of business" despite the fact that the concierge floor was overflowing with guests. I met another guest who also was put on another floor because the concierge floor was full. I was given a breakfast ticket for the restaurant for the day the lounge was closed during my stay. However, my room lacked a robe and probably some other minor amenities that would have been in a concierge floor room.

Based on my experience, it looks like Marriott is cutting corners on all of its concierge lounges to try to save some money to the detriment of its guests. At neither Salt Lake City nor Albuquerque was I told when I made my reservations or prior to my arrival that the lounge would be closed either all or part of the time of my stay. In both cases I paid a premium for concierge-level services and I was short-changed both times. I recommend that you specifically confirm that the lounge will be open during your entire stay before booking a concierge-level room at any Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank Tipster2000
Reviewed December 3, 2007

I stayed at this hotel in Albuquerque 8 times in the latter part of 2007, and have spent 138 nights in hotels thus far in 2007. My overall rating for this hotel is "good".

CLEANLINESS: (4 out of 5) The rooms are pretty clean -- sheets, comforters, and carpets were always stain-free, bathtubs and shower curtains were stain-free and did not have mildew. Rooms were well-maintained, dust-free, etc.

BATHROOM: (3 out of 5) Bathrooms are decently equipped although small. None of the rooms I stayed in had issues with water backing up. Blow dryers worked and adequate number of towels are provided. Shampoo / conditioner smell nice and are of good quality.

BEDROOM: (4 out of 5) Bedrooms are fair size and beds are very comfortable. Sheets are clean and of adequate thread count. While few of the rooms have good views, the curtains are heavy and do an excellent job blocking out the light. Reading lights in addition to bedside lamps are a nice addition. Large flat-screen televisions in every room.

INTERNET / BUSINESS CENTER: (2 out of 5) Free wireless internet in the lobby is fast and reliable, but pay internet service in the room is wired only. Business center downstairs is small and with limited desk space, but has a quick printer.

DINING: (2 out of 5) Lobby restaurant / bar has limited hours and menu. Food is ok if you are really in need of a meal, otherwise would suggest going elsewhere. Room service is quick. Club level lounge serves a good but limited breakfast menu.

GYM: (3 out of 5) Gym was located in a temporary spot during my stays. Temporary equipment was nice but very limited. Bottled water was provided. New gym was opened in late Nov / early Dec, but I did not visit it.

SERVICE: (3 out of 5) Front desk staff are responsive when asked for help, but do not "go the extra mile" or take care of guests proactively. Wake up calls were always on time, and pre-ordered room service arrived on time every time.

LOCATION: (3 out of 5) 10-12 minutes from downtown in the morning rush hour. Walking distance to several restaurants and a short drive from 5+ other restaurants and a relatively nice shopping center.

PROBLEMS / COMPLAINTS: Some of the rooms smell like mildew. Rooms at the "ends" of the hallways seemed to have this problem more frequently. Would suggest requesting a room closer to the elevators to avoid this.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank FF_Traveler_7
Reviewed October 16, 2007

Outstanding experience. A very enjoyable stay that started the moment we arrived. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially with dinner recommendations. Great room with a wonderful view of the Sandia Mtns. The room was spacious and very clean...especailly the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel provided the extra pillows. Would definitely stay here again on our next trip through Albuquerque.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Migs91
Reviewed October 8, 2007

3rd stay at this hotel.
check in great, friendly staff.
lobby areas nice and clean.
halls/elevators clean.
room nice; clean as always.
large bathroom area, very clean.
comfortable bed and pillows; great nights sleep.
room service quick; good food.
check out quick, friendly staff.

will stay again. soon.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank BrandiandHunter
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We stayed at the hotel for a family member's wedding for four days. The hotel definitely needs renovation- it looks like they remodeled rooms (at least the one we stayed in) 20 years ago. The restaurant was great-very good place for breakfast (they have somedoby there who makes omelettes by requests) and I never had a bad meal for dinner-everything was excellent. But the room was a different story-run-down though clean. The iron was leaking water, and the lid on the carafe was broken and was falling off when I used the carafe to pour coffee. It would be nice if they got rid of some moldy spots in the bathroom.. Do not expect granite counters in the bathroom-everything is very plain. Think of a very very old Marriott-that's the one. Be also careful with asking the front desk to order a taxi. I got an impression that there is a communication problem between the hotel and taxi companies. It's possible that it's not the hotel's fault but the taxi arrived one hour later than needed and we almost missed the plane.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business