“Good hotel,”

Ranked #47 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good hotel,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights for a work trip. It is typical of Marriott hotels. Nice staff, clean rooms, comfortable bed. The location felt suburban which I didn't like. There are shops and restaurants within walking distance, but they are mostly chains. My only complaint about the hotel itself is that the internet access is expensive. I did not try the restaurant, but heard from friends that it is not worth the money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is a great hotel and typical of the high standards associated with Marriott Hotels and other well run 4 star hotels. Additionally, I would recommend that you if you want a truly outstanding meal that you dine at their restaurant - some of the best food in Albuquerque. The front office manager, Carl, will make sure your needs are always met. Additionally, the general manager, Steve Schwartz is hands on manager and you see him all over the hotel welcoming and checking with guest. He even visited at our table in the evening when we were dining. I haven't stayed at any other hotel in Albuquerque other than this hotel when I visit the city but I figure it why stay somewhere else when you are already staying at the best! Great indoor/outdoor pool setup and a great place to relax.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
El Paso, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

This Marriott had everything we were looking for. Great location, great service, nice accomodations, and great restaurant. The pools were nice, the workout room was modern and clean, the staff was really friendly. The lobby had a nice coffee setup in the morning and refreshing fruit water in the afternoons. The hotel restaurant had exceptional service for breakfast, and the food was delicious too. Free parking and close to many nice stores and restaurants. Really enjoyed my stay at this Marriott.

Room Tip: I thought the views were very decent, some face the pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

The hotel in general is about what one would expect of a Marriott except for the customer service. The staff was incredible. The were quick to fix a small problem with my room and the wait staff were gracious and attentive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Hood River, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

stayed here only 1-night, but was impressed they offered me an upgrade to a king room rather than the double queen I originally booked. nice clean room with standard Mariott stuff. I love the bed! This location is right acoss the street from a bunch of shops and restaurants which was nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Denver, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

It's been a while since I've stayed at a hotel where all their staff were very friendly. All the staff always greeted you and did what they could to assist you.

Just stayed here for a business conference and enjoyed it very much.

Only two probelms to report on.
1) Upon checking into my room I noticed a muggy/moldy smell and immediately went back downstairs to report this. I was offered another room to check out and noticed the same odor so I stayed with my original room. It was livable as I only was there for short periods of time and once I fell asleep I didn't notice it.
2) The restaurant service was horrible for lunch. The hotel advertised their specials outside our meeting room and had an hour for lunch and barely made t back on time. The drinks took about 15 minutes before we received them. The lunch (salad and sandwich, nothing special) took another 30 minutes. The food was reasonable but we didn't have much time to enjoy it as we had to hurry back.

The location is great. It's near a mall (which I did not go to), but they are right across the street from a really good sports cantina (bar). After the bad lunch service, the rest of the days I ate at Ojos Locos.

The shuttle service took you around to where you needed to go.

Overall, I would return and hope the room smell is taken care of and wont be eating in their restaurant.

They had a nice pool and workout room but didn't utilize that either but you could see it from the lobby windows as you go towards the elevators.

• Stayed August 2011
ALBUQUERQUE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

We only stayed here one night. The room was very clean and well furnished. The pool area was "awesome" (according to my 9 year old). We didn't eat in the restaurant so we have nothing to share in that area. Staff were cordial, but not real friendly. The hide a bed we requested for our daughter didn't arrive as expected and had to be rerequested. It came with sheets and no blanket. We called down for a blanket and got nasty ratty old one. I expect more for a 3 1/2 star rated property.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family