“Very Friendly Marriott”

Ranked #54 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Denver, CO
“Very Friendly Marriott”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

It's been a while since I've stayed at a hotel where all their staff were very friendly. All the staff always greeted you and did what they could to assist you.

Just stayed here for a business conference and enjoyed it very much.

Only two probelms to report on.
1) Upon checking into my room I noticed a muggy/moldy smell and immediately went back downstairs to report this. I was offered another room to check out and noticed the same odor so I stayed with my original room. It was livable as I only was there for short periods of time and once I fell asleep I didn't notice it.
2) The restaurant service was horrible for lunch. The hotel advertised their specials outside our meeting room and had an hour for lunch and barely made t back on time. The drinks took about 15 minutes before we received them. The lunch (salad and sandwich, nothing special) took another 30 minutes. The food was reasonable but we didn't have much time to enjoy it as we had to hurry back.

The location is great. It's near a mall (which I did not go to), but they are right across the street from a really good sports cantina (bar). After the bad lunch service, the rest of the days I ate at Ojos Locos.

The shuttle service took you around to where you needed to go.

Overall, I would return and hope the room smell is taken care of and wont be eating in their restaurant.

They had a nice pool and workout room but didn't utilize that either but you could see it from the lobby windows as you go towards the elevators.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
ALBUQUERQUE
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We only stayed here one night. The room was very clean and well furnished. The pool area was "awesome" (according to my 9 year old). We didn't eat in the restaurant so we have nothing to share in that area. Staff were cordial, but not real friendly. The hide a bed we requested for our daughter didn't arrive as expected and had to be rerequested. It came with sheets and no blanket. We called down for a blanket and got nasty ratty old one. I expect more for a 3 1/2 star rated property.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here last night. We loved it. It was clean, spacious, and the staff is super! We had a room on the top floor and never heard a noise all night. Beds are very comfortable. Room service was delivered quickly and the food was very good. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Christy_Speaks
north america
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I should have known something wasn't right when the woman behind the front desk greeted me with an apology for her "spaciness" because she was taking "cold medicine".
I was told that my room on the concierge floor was ready but needed to be inspected before she could check me in, that sounded reasonable so I did as iI was asked and had a seat for "5 minutes or less" and waited for "cold meds" lady to bring m my key. After a good 20 minutes of being annoyed by loud marketing types milling around waiting for their seminar to begin, I went back to the desk and was greeted by the same woman like she had never seen me before, cold meds! After refreshing her memory she stated that she had not been called back by housekeeping. I suggested that she call them instead.
Finally heading to a room, as I exit the elevator on the 14th floor I noticed a rather odd odor kind of a fungus/mildew funk, definitely not good for my allergies. I entered my room, inhaled and promptly went back to the front desk as the room smelled not only of mildew and fungus but also of cigarette smoke under air freshener. I was told that the hotel was "completely booked" no less than six times while trying to get another room, I can take a hint. I looked at the second room offered, this one smelled bad and had a dirty bed cover beside being adjacent to the elevator. Got on the phone to platinum reservations on my way to the elevator and had a different hotel reservation before I hit the lobby. When I told "cold meds" to check me out of my room because I was leaving, she offered a very sarcastic "good luck" as I was heading out the door. That was definitely a bad thing to do, try as I might to ignore it and just walk away I had to go back and find the manager…
I do not believe that I will ever venture back to the downtown Albuquerque Marriott again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank duckfisney

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

USA
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I had never been to Albuquerque before and was not looking forward to my hotel based on the mixed reviews and low "Star" rating. I stay at Marriott properties when I travel basically because they have treated me well and I have Platinum status with them.

The hotel is nice....not as fancy as some of the newer hotels or JW's....but it is nice. The rooms are clean and the staff was very nice....very helpful and appreciative of me being there.

The location of this hotel is great...and nice new shopping area down the road and convenient to the freeway. I would stay here again if I return to Albuquerque.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was the last place we stayed at on our two week vacation road trip. I did not have a pre-planned hotel for our last night out, so we called from the road. The hotel was easy to find, just off I40 and is in a downtown area of Albuquerque. We had two rooms for our party. Both were on the 17th floor, so we had great views of the city and mountains. Our rooms were great. The beds were comfortable and cozy, I did not want to get up the next morning. We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel because we were too tired to go out the night before and it was convenient the morning we left. The food was good but pricey. We also had a night cap in the hotel lounge. The bartender made a special drink for me at my request. It was delicious. Unfortunately we did not get a chance to use the pool or fitness center on this trip. We plan to visit Albuquerque again in the near future and will definiely stay at this hotel. It was a great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Plano, TX
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a recent business trip. Nothing special, I found this hotel to have a decent fitness center, lots of bottled water available there, and the Concierge Lounge was ok for a quick breakfast but way too small, especially when people piled in with their extended families and gaggle of kids... One item to note for anyone staying here, request a room on the west facing side of the hotel. A sports-themed bar called "Ojos Locos" has moved into the old Steak & Ale space across the street, and it is very popular with the late night Harley crowd who enjoy making as much noise as they can... you have been warned...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business