“nice stay during stormy weather”

La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Northeast
Ranked #63 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lake Havasu City
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at the LQ Albuquerque location (across from the Cracker Barrel). The location was convenient but between the barking dogs, thin walls and hearing people cough or blow their nose during the night I didn't really care for this hotel. It is admittedly older so the walls are not insulated like a new hotel. I will spend more $$ on a newer place the next time. The hot breakfast was very nice however. And, the man who approached me in the parking lot asking me for gas money walked away in shame after I was finished with him.

Room Tip: The Windows are next to the Front Door to your room, so opening it for fresh air is out of the quest...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sonoita, Arizona
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went to Albuquerque for five days on business, this was my second stay with this La Quinta, the room was clean, the beds are very comfortable, bedding was very clean and the rooms are quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a refrigerator and microwave in my room. The refrigerator did not have a freezer compartment. Though the one in my other room did during my last stay. I use the freezer compartment. The air conditioner has a thermostat and the fan turns on and off as needed. So the fan does not run constantly. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. My only complaint and it is not just with this hotel is with the pillows, they are always too fat and hurt my neck. So, I usually bring my own.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My dogs get priority when i travel , this is the 3 rd la quinta i have tried in abq, great place, yet its an asphalt jungle for your dogs in the summer , no where to walk em, if dogs are not your priority you will do well to stay there, they worked hard to accomodate me, good staff

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 14, 2013

THIS is the right place. If you've seen my other review panning the Pan American street La Quinta on the other side of the highway, you'll understand why this La Quinta is the real deal.

This La Quinta is a 'true' LQ, which the property across the highway is not. I recently stayed here for the second time, and have found this to be a very good LQ property. It's easy to get to off of I-25, so whichever direction you are going, coming in in the evening and out in the morning is easy, whether you've got a car, truck or camper. The parking lot is very large, so don't worry if you have a truck.

There's a Denny's right in the parking lot, so if you get in late or want a more substantial breakfast than the usual LQ, it's right there.

Rooms are good, traditional LQ rooms. Both the rooms I've had at this property were in good condition throughout, including bed and bath linens, carpeting and furniture.

Water pressure is excellent and we seemed to have plenty of hot water, even though there were two busloads of kids who I am sure were in the shower at the same time I was. Don't let that scare you. It was a tour group of well-behaved foreign students obviously on their way to the Grand Canyon.

Despite its proximity to the highway, it's a very quiet hotel. The hotel backs into a quiet residential area. I also discovered a great area for walking the dogs just south of the hotel on that same side of the highway. There's a big open field with a rough path around it, which is perfect if you're traveling with canine friends.

If you need pop, snacks or ice, there is a 7-11 two blocks up if you turn left up the street out the hotel driveway.

All-in-all, this is a nice LQ property, meeting all my key budget travel requirements.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side, away from the pool and parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oswego, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean and the pool was cool. The service people were helpful and friendly. The cost was reasonable and there were two restaurants within walking distance I would stay here again. The Continental breakfast was adequate to get you on the road at an early time

• Stayed July 2013
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A year ago in June, we went up to Albuquerque for my son's wedding and stayed at this hotel. Our entire stay was fantastic so we decided to stay there this year over the 4th of July weekend while visiting our new grandson. What a difference a year can make! Here is how bad this hotel has gotten, we requested a room on the first floor since we my dad is handicapped and can't climb stairs but they assigned us 2 rooms upstairs. On that note, my sister called the night before our arrival to confirm our request and was told it was a done deal.
Throughout the night, we were surrounded by hookers and Johns and the smell of marijuana lingered throughout the night.
After our all day outing, we returned to our room to find it like we left it. When I went and asked the office why our room hadn't been cleaned and was told the maids report stated that a do not disturb sign was left on the door so that's why she didn't enter. I then asked him why that do not disturb sign was inside the room and not on the outside of the door, he didn't know how to respond. Instead of taking corrective actions, he went to the back and brought me some towels.
The next morning I went to the lobby for breakfast and was told by the attendant named Beverly that it was already closed. When I responded by asking what time it closed and she said 10 am. I looked at my cell phone clock and it read 9:55. When I politely asked her if I could get a cup of OJ in order to take my pills she said "NO" and kept on picking up Another gentleman who was standing next to me reached for a cup of cereal and Beverly reached across the counter and grabbed the bowl from his hand and rudely told him it was already closed. I had to stop the madness so I told her it wasn't 10 o'clock yet and she said it was on her watch. If I was the manager on duty, I would have fired her on the spot.
That same night, upon arrival to the hotel, we pulled up to the parking lot only to find very limited parking because an 18 wheeler was parked across 10 parking spaces on the parking row closest to the hotel. It was extremely obvious that anyone working in the lobby would have noticed this large truck pulling up and would have asked them to park away from the hotel so the other guests could have a place to park.
Lastly, when it was time to check out, I mentioned all my concerns to the lady at the front desk and she acted as if it didn't matter to her and continued to proceed with the check out. No sense of ownership and bad customer service again.
With all this said, I highly DO NOT recommend staying at this hotel unless you plan to solicit a hooker or have the need to smoke weed. I will never again stay at this hotel and probably never stay at another La Quinta ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family