“Bug Infested Dump Where Employees Don't Care”

La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Northeast
Ranked #61 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Marietta, Georgia
“Bug Infested Dump Where Employees Don't Care”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked 5 nights and moved out after 3 - I just couldn't take it. Bugs, Bugs, Bugs. Their answer was "I called the exterminator." and even though the exterminator DID NOT COME they did not view this as their problem. The last day I was there (my breaking point) they did not even call the exterminator. Other features (I was in 4 rooms and all of them had something wrong). Frig did not work, air conditioning (summer in New Mexico) did not work, and they tried to convince me it did; they told me they were coming back to my room to fix something, and NEVER came back. The hotel is not particularly clean, the breakfast is poor, but all of this is overshadowed by the 'don't take ownership' attitude of the employees. It was so bad that I asked if the GM could call me. You guessed it he/she never called.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel under any circumstance. I stay in all ranges of hotels. It is not tha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jwvv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Could have been better if cleaning personnel had cleaned the bathroom sink every day instead of only once or twice. Shower head was great. We had to request a clock radio as there was none in the room. Bed was satisfactory, but I would prefer a harder bed...as I have a bad back.
Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Although this hotel is a little older the service was excellent. The staff seemed genuinly interested in our family staying in 2 rooms. They even mailed home a lost teddy bear after check out!
The pool was very clean and the breakfast area was superclean too. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Being pet lovers means we stay at LQ's often when we travel so we've accumulated many points in their rewards program. This hotel gets 8000 pts which I believe is the least amount charged and it was far from worth it. Been in other 8000 pointers that leave this place in the dust.

I have no complaint with the front of the store and frankly like the aesthetic style of the old LQs but the rooms are in dire need of renovation. Buckled and worn carpeting is not acceptable today and even with the limited space much can be done with the bathrooms. I guess I'm just not that impressed with a flat screen tvs.

The one thing guaranteed with LQ is its inconsistency. You roll the dice with them and here you get snake eyes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels