“Cockroach in room”

Ranked #75 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dolores, Co
“Cockroach in room”
Reviewed May 15, 2006

We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions because of its location to the airport. However, on this visit I was awakened by a cockroach crawling across my arm and face. When I called the front desk to report this, the reply I received was "What do you want me to do about it?" Her tone also sounded sarcastic to me.. Not a " I am sorry" or "How can I help". Needless to say we got up and checked out immediately.

Even though our other experiences at this site have been pleasent, I doubt very much if we will again stay in a La Quinta Inn. At least not this one. We are wondering if the management has changed from our October visit to our May visit.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank bonary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed May 12, 2006

First time to New Mexico. Needed an affordably priced hotel for a business trip. Besides La Quinta in Spanish means 'High Speed Internet" according to the sign in front of the hotel. And I need internet access for my business transactions.
The hotel is close to the airport on the corner of Yale and Gibson. I needed to get to Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico University and downtown area. Access to highway I25 was closeby and I reached my destinations within 10 minutes.
Staff was friendly. Front desk checked me in quickly, mentioned the breakfast and offered me a wake up call (which I need for my balloon ride the next morning). She also called me later to ask if everything was satisfactory or if I needed anything.
Rooms were spacious, clean, and included hairdryer, coffee machine and iron. Desk with free high speed internet was great. The desk had a power strip to hook up all my power chargers. Only minor inconvenience is the stairs - fortunately I only had a small luggage and my computer bag and I was on the second floor. You would get a workout if you had to get to the 3rd floor. I guess there is an elevator, but not near the room I was in.
Hotel offers a free breakfast starting at 5 am. Bagels, cereal, packaged muffins/pastries, and waffes that you make yourself. Loved the waffles. The hotel does not have a restaurant but offers room service from their vendor, The Order Inn, a nationwide room service company. Fuddruckers (hamburgers and more) is located in the parking lot. Applebees (family restaurant) is across the street (Marriott hotel parking lot) - does get crowded at times with locals and travelers.
I would stay at La Quinta again.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2005

Very handy for the Airport and car hire terminal with a courtesy bus to take you to either. Big rooms and the bonus for us is that the rooms are adjoined back to back so it was easy to get connecting rooms for our family. A pretty good complimentary breakfast is available in the lobby area.
Not a good choice if you are looking around the city but if just passing through the airport then a recommended stay

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank Nevis
Cecil, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 21, 2005

We stayed here March 9th thru 14th, 2005. The rooms were great, very clean, spacious and well kept everyday. Loved having the sink separate from the bath/shower. The room had a large sized desk and high speed internet, which was perfect for a laptop and the ability to stay in touch with the office. The daily breakfast was wonderful everything was FRESH and individually wrapped with an abundance of choices, it was always well stocked and clean. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Being VERY close to the airport (5 Min-no traffic) was a great plus and the free shuttle service was great and very helpful. We were very pleased with our stay in Albuquerque. This hotel is also very close to Interstate 25, with easy access can take you anywhere you need to go.

• Stayed March 2005
8 Thank Karen W
Reviewed March 14, 2005

stayed last week there - clean rooms, not too noisy for being within a mile of the airport - morning breakfast OK - good value for the money - depending on how much you want to spend, there are other hotels in the immediate vicinity as well such as Hampton Inn.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 1, 2004

Everything in the room was new. A great basic choice for catching an early morning flight. It takes 10 minutes and no more to reach the car rental return. Great staff, Edward called to see that all was ok with the room about 15 minutes after we arrived.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 29, 2004

Stayed here on a Friday night, on our way back from Thanksgiving in Farmington. Convenient location. Great breakfast. However, when we asked the front desk regarding directions to the Airport Rental Car Center, he didn't know, and have no maps at all to help us. Being a motel close to the airport, we figured he should at least know that. Then, we asked if they could print us an online boarding pass for our Southwest Airlines flight, but they don't have a computer that is hooked up to the internet and a printer! When we were in our room, the good-sized King bed, has only standard pillows. So we called Front Desk and asked for 2 more, and he said sure, they have it for us, but we have to come by the Front Desk to pick it up!! We just stayed at the Holiday Inn in Farmington, NM, they dropped those off to our room! Finally, it being a really chilly night (storm system coming), the wall unit heater didn't work well -- cool air comes out of it. Considering there are so many motels in the area, we have both decided to avoid this place for our next Thanksgiving trip to Farmington.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels