“Would only stay here for one night!”

La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #81 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Would only stay here again for a short stay. We stayed here to be close to the airport for our flight the next day. The bathroom was very small and had mildew around the tub. The layout of the hotel is very strange (like a maze), very hard to get around. The adjoinging rooms we had were good because the attached back to back with a door on the back wall. Close to the airport (has shuttle) and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank debbonnett
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Airport

Reviewed July 21, 2009

Pros: Clean room, staff provided good customer service, convenient from airport, close to highway,

Cons: A lot of street noise (ask for a room in the back of the property to avoid this), A/C made funny noises that kept us up, beds are very very stiff, asked for additional towels and didn't get them, bed did not get made, breakfast is less than satisfactory and it wasn't well stocked (they say they have waffles but they are just packaged waffles -, we thought they would be freshly made like at other hotels), the coffee is TERRIBLE, shower fluctuated from hot to cold when someone turned on water from another room, shampoo is only provided - no conditioner.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Stayed overnight during a business trip to Kirtland AFB, which was practically next door. The stay was free on La Quinta's "Returns" program, and you can't do much better than that. Our room was very clean and everything worked. The beds were comfortable, and the room was at the back of the property away from a busy (noisy) street. We travel with small dogs, and are always appreciative of LQ's pets-welcome policy. We will definitely stay there again when on business in Albuquerque, free room or not.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2008

Stayed here on a drive from Denver to Tucson and on the return trip during Thanksgiving. We were traveling with dogs - and I think the rooms towards the back, near the only patch of grass at the hotel , are for travelers with pets.

We stayed only one night each way but found the room to be clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was very pleasant. Free continental breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Just take it from me: don't waste your money on this place. There is an insane amount of street traffic outside this hotel which kept me up all night. Also, the rooms stink of chemicals. The front desk operator did not pick up the phone and let it ring over 30 times before she answered. I was disgusted with the quality of these rooms and the customer service. I saw Fairfield Inn across the street and was yearning to spend the night anywhere but this hotel. Truly the type of room that seems to be "rented by the hour" if you know what I mean.

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Save your money!

• Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank libratravel
Reviewed March 5, 2008

This is the worst LaQuinta I have stayed at.

The Customer Service is horrible! The staff is not friendly. They do not answer their phones. They give bad directions.

The day we arrived- their "Free Airport Shuttle" was not available that day so they offered to re-imburse our taxi up to $7.00! (our cab cost $11.00).

Only stay here is you have to! There are better places to go!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed February 15, 2008

I was assigned to an upper floor room a longer walk from the parking spaces I was told to use than was good for my cardiac problems, and having toted my stuff anyway, found that the key didn't fit. I then had to reverse the long-ish walk and went to the desk to ask for a ground floor room, even if it was more expensive that the one I booked. I was told they were powerless to make any change in room type due to their contract with Expedia! They offered no solution but to give me the same type of room on the next higher floor, slightly closer to the elevator. I checked in at a nearby Comfort Inn.

Stayed: December 2007