“Worst hotel experience ever”

La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #80 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The rooms are a good size, beds comfy, lots of outlets. Mostly clean; one of the rooms I stayed in had hair on the shower wall, and if you stay on the first floor prepare to have roaches in your room. They are all over the outside and come in during the night.

My real problem is the staff. Save for Kim, Kyra, and a handful of housekeeping staff, the individuals who work here are incompetent and awful. I pay for the hotel to house boxes for me during the week. Every week without fail, they lose them. Alex, who is one of the maintenance guys always gives me a hard time. It takes him at least 30 minutes to respond to my request and when he arrives he lets me know that it costs me to store the boxes. I didn't realize a service they agreed to and that I pay for could be so inconvenient. When I arrive and check in I ask for my boxes to be brought to my room, and Josh has for the past 3 weeks come to my room to let me know the storage door is open and that I can get them myself. This week, he had the front desk call to let me know the door was open.

I realize it's a situation beyond what they normally do in a hotel, but as they agreed to storing the boxes, I don't understand it. Even if it is the most inconvenient thing, isn't it just better manners to complain about customers in the break room than to their face?

I hate this hotel. If it were up to me, I'd never stay here again. And I'm recommending to my company to never use them again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank M O
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Airport

A TripAdvisor Member
Silver City, NM, USA
Reviewed June 8, 2013

After staying at other hotels near ABQ International Airport, I tried this La Quinta. Since then, this is the only place I stay. Rooms are immaculate, employees are very friendly, helpful and competent, plus shuttle is very prompt for airport pickup.

A TripAdvisor Member
Hobbs
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We really enjoy staying at the Airport La Quinta. They have always been pleasant and cooperative. that was not the case at the Midtown La Quinta. Those people were rude and not very accommodating
Our room was nice and the only issue is that I wish that they breakfast had more to it. . Would like to see a hot breakfast bar at least some mornings.

A La Quinta traveler
Farmington, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Reviewed June 3, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I went here one weekend just to get away and see something different. Needless to say we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was of course the La Quinta Inn and was good for the price. Located close to the Airport, and the Air Force Base.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple