“Don't pass this one, you'll love it!”

Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo
Ranked #109 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Hotel is situated on a dead-end with very little traffic. Easy on/off to I40. We stayed on the 3rd floor, elevator is handy and very nice. Everything is beautiful including the large rooms with great tv with lots of channels.
Ask for a room away from the freeway but either way, it's really quiet there.
Lots of convenient parking with good access to elevator and rooms right through the lobby.
I used the laundry room which was large and nice.
The room was decorated like new. Huge bathroom area with full counter. Nice shower/tub and plenty of room.
Outside is a very nice pool/hot tub area with lush plants and gazebo area. Pool was nicely heated and hot was perfect.
The best part was Furr's Buffet just down the street. We walked and enjoyed the exercise.
The buffet was a wonderful southern type buffet with excellent food for a great price.
Only gripe I would have is breakfast is complimentary but only offered hard-boiled eggs. But they did have waffles and other goodies so we sure didn't go away hungry.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the place and wish we could have had the same experience at all the hotels we visited during our trip. Glad we were able to spend 2 nights there and see some of the awesome sites in Alb.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 16, 2010

The hotel is a little old looking but we booked the room for under $40.00 each night so it worked fine for us. It is right off the freeway so the location was great for us. We had no problems with our room everything was basic. No complaints. Would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2010

The place is in a good location with easy access to the freeway. When we checked in, the assistant manager was pleasant and very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was great and the bagles and muffins were individually wrapped. There was yoghurt, fruit, and cereal. This breakfast was very enjoyable and substantial. However, there was only one problem. The night latch on the door was broken. I phoned the front desk about this after checking into to the room. The clerk said that she would inform maintenance and asked if it was okay for the maintenance worker to come into the room when we were out. I replied that it was okay. When we came back several hours later, the lock was still broken. I went to the hotel lobby and asked about it again and the same clerk replied that no one from maintenance had showed up that day. Since we checked in around 3:00pm in the afternoon, she must have known this earlier in the day. I wondered why she played this game with me and ended up lying about it. I hold the manager, Jody Henrie, responsible for this. She should pay more attention to things like this and not leave it to a clerk to lie about it. I doubt that the latch was broken that morning and had probably been that way for some time. It's probably difficult to get decent employees these days. I would recommend this motel with the exception of room 109 with the broken night latch.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Desk attendants were efficient and cordial. We thought we were too early for breakfast on day of departure, were welcomed vigorously by the night clerk. Breakfast including hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit and was quite satisfactory. Location is very convenient. Room less comfortable than expected of LaQuinta in that the pillows were unsupportive and quality of sheets less than we have enjoyed during stays at other LaQuintas. Throw the negatives out the window if you pay as little as we did, with AAA rate. The place was quiet and we slept well. It was nice to be able to walk to dinner after long day in the car.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

The general condition was old. This property seems to be a take over from another motel chain. They need to update the outside. The rooms are small but clean. The bathroom was very small. The breakfast was high carb and pre-packaged. Price was right for what you get.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Nice, clean, bright and new. Great front desk reception. Close to lots of restaurants. I always know I will have a good room at a La Quinta and they take dogs. Nice breakfast area and food. I hope they keep up the good work in this expanding motel chain!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Maybe the hotel has in fixed up since the other reviews were written. We stayed there because it was a good price of three people who wanted their own bed. It wasn't specious but it was fine for to two nights. It was clean. I thought it would noisy because it's close to the highway, but it was quiet. Service was fine with friendly staff. My only complain was the blankets were thin. I had asked for a second blanket (even before I tried the bed), but it snowed in the night and I was cold during the night. WiFi worked fine and the key worked when I found out that you leave the key in the slot while you're opening the door.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends