“Great place to stay”

Ranked #112 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Mpls, MN
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Nice, clean, bright and new. Great front desk reception. Close to lots of restaurants. I always know I will have a good room at a La Quinta and they take dogs. Nice breakfast area and food. I hope they keep up the good work in this expanding motel chain!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Mexico
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Maybe the hotel has in fixed up since the other reviews were written. We stayed there because it was a good price of three people who wanted their own bed. It wasn't specious but it was fine for to two nights. It was clean. I thought it would noisy because it's close to the highway, but it was quiet. Service was fine with friendly staff. My only complain was the blankets were thin. I had asked for a second blanket (even before I tried the bed), but it snowed in the night and I was cold during the night. WiFi worked fine and the key worked when I found out that you leave the key in the slot while you're opening the door.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
alb
Reviewed August 3, 2009

This was my second time staying at LaQuinta Inns &Suites. I stayed at one in Linthicum Maryland which was a total nightmare, being that the room was filthy and the bedding had not been changed from the previous guest, the management was very apologetic and gave me 2 free nights to make up for the previous disaster. I decided to use the 2 free nights in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the La Quinta located at 2424 San Mateo East I-40 , although The staff was great, and the room was somewhat clean, the carpet and bed clothing were covered in pet hair, but the staff provided fresh linens without a hassle, so I tried to make the best of it; Until about 2:30 am when my child woke up to use the restroom and screamed in horror roaches and water bugs crawling on the floor and the wall next to the AC. I can do a lot of things, but roaches are not one of them!! We ended up checking out at 3:00 am which was no fun at all. I will never again stay at a La Quinta Inn or suites ANYWHERE

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

texas panhandle
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My family took a quick trip to Albuquerque,NM for the weekend. Using military ID, the rate was only $49/night. There is major Interstate 40 construction adjacent to hotel, but was
never an issue with us. Excellent front counter employees, wonderful outdoor pool area, comfortable room.
The complementary breakfast was nothing to get excited about, but of course Denny's shares the front parking lot.
Overall, you can spend way more-but you certainly don't have to!

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
roswell, nm
Reviewed June 24, 2009

booked a room using reward points for three nights. checked in after 9pm, and we weren't impressed with the room. small "double" beds, cramped room on the back side of the property--had to park on the street. got my 6-year old ready for a shower to discover VERY low pressure with no hot water. after running the water for 5 minutes, it warmed up long enough for a quick wash. decided on a bath, but the lukewarm water coming out of the shower was scalding hot when i turned it down to the bath. i called la quinta rewards to see about chaning hotels, but it was too late, so we had to stay the night. called the next morning, and they were quick to help me switch to another the la quinta midtown--it seemed like a hilton after the night we spent here. the staff at the front desk was indifferent as to why we checked out early. won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Phoenix
Reviewed June 3, 2009

This was the first of a three night road trip for us. This hotel was fairly clean. The front desk guy wasn't the friendliest but he wasn't rude either. I'm glad I called ahead for directions because the highway has construction and the normal exit was closed. The upsides to this hotel is there is a small dog park in the parking lot of the hotel. There is no extra dog fee and this feature was something they should be highlighting. Since we were traveling with the dog to find a nice area with grass is a major plus! The price was only $49.50 with a AAA discount. The breakfast here was not as good as most, they didn't have the waffle maker but had pre-packaged waffles. Otherwise, it was a nice spread with fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, coffee, tea, juice, milk and pastries.

Overall a decent night stay. Comfortable bed. And affordable! It is not the newest but the beds don't seem old and everything smelled okay. There is a pool which looked decent. As well as a Denny's in the parking lot which was nice to not have to drive more after a long day of driving.

Free high speed wireless in the rooms with great signal strength.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
WA
Reviewed May 12, 2009

We stayed at La Quintas while we moved cross country as we were traveling with a small dog and they don't charge pet fees. We really appreciate their pet policy. The room itself was ok, but the bathroom was awful. The shower, while it appeared physically clean, made my husband and I both feel like it was dirty due to the old shower curtain and just the overall run down look of the fixtures. We stayed on the backside and I didn't feel as though my car was safe there. A road runs along the parking lot and I just kept thinking that it made our cars easy targets, although nothing bad happened to our cars. Our AC didn't work either. It wasn't too hot since it was early May, but I am pregnant and am seem to always be hot and it made it very uncomfortable. We told the girl at the desk the next morning that the AC wasn't working correctly and she seemed indifferent to what we told her. It was just a place for us to sleep as we moved cross country.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple