“Glad we chose this hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo

Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo
Ranked #102 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Pinckney, Michigan, United States
“Glad we chose this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our group of 5 stayed at this hotel in a family suite which included a separate "parents' bedroom and 2 double beds in the larger room all of which had triple sheeted beds. The suite was large, clean and included a good sized bathroom, 2 TVs, 2 air conditioners, pretty good Wifi, a fridge and microwave. There was a small closet but 2 dressers with 6 drawers each. This would be a great place to stay for many days. The pool was refreshing, especially in the great heat. The checkin and checkout were easy and the staff pleasant. The breakfast was good, the usual continental with waffles, and more than enough tables and chairs. Additionally breakfast could be eaten outside as well.

We enjoyed dinner at the Denny's right next door and were given the hotel's 10% discount. This would be a great place to base a few days of activity out of.

We're sorry that we didn't stay longer to enjoy the amenities more and would certainly return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Torn and frayed sheets and inoperable deadbolt were two of the items found on our recent stay that are below the normal LQ quality. The deadbolt had obviously been kicked in and didn't work. We had to prop a chair up under the door knob just to secure the door. Room was on the ground floor with parking lot just outside the door and if it hadn't been the late hour, we would have left. The sheets were ripped on the king bed and when checking out in the morning, the desk clerk had no apology or even a hint of concern. Top it off with a marginally stocked "bright side" breakfast, this stay was more of a "fright side." Granted, LQ is a franchise, but they should inspect a little better.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor since 1st floor opens to parking lot. No lobby entrance for 1st floor rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Since the road construction has been finished I've been looking for a good hotel on the eastside to stop at then to drive thru town to be on the westside. This LQ meet all my needs list was just fine for a good rest and breakfast, easy on and off i40.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was very comfortable in my stay. I look foward to taking advantage of the rewards system. The room was clean and cool when I arrived and the hotel was very easy to find. The location makes it easy to go just about anywhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Wicklow, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The only good thing about this place is the staff, friendly and helpful. I had an upper floor room at the back of the hotel on a horrible street with some dodgy characters parked out back. I felt unsafe here the second I got out of my car. The place looks quite dingy, kinda like a bad motel from an 80's movie. The room has a horrible dirty carpet, plenty of pets have graced the carpet before. Old fashioned bathroom. Lots of street noise from cars and motorbikes all night. I couldn't wait to go asleep and get the hell out of dodge the next morning. Breakfast was ok. ABQ is a big place, pick somewhere nicer would be my advice.

Room Tip: Pick a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RKF2014
Oceanside, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel was about eh. We are traveling across country, had this room reserved a month prior but, when I called to assure we get a downstairs room, they have not had our reservation.So I re booked it and still have not seen our last deposit for reserving. Any way, the rooms are tight the beds were small,they have a "little"park next to it which there were bums at all times asking for money. I did not feel safe walking my dog there. Behind the hotel,where our room was located was like the homeless walk through in the morning. Near by is a Denny's , across the street is a gas station and some shops( that you can get in your own home town). The breakfast was just your average cereal and fruit with juice and coffee,not like their other La Quintas that had hot foods.The girl at the front desk was really nice but, the night time guy, needs to go to customer service school! My husband asked him for an extra blanket and it seemed like it was such a bother.Pool looked like fun (not heated)
Reason for picking this hotel was the words "Pet Friendly"

Room Tip: Dont get a room in the back ,too many bums Left side of the building is best.(No in and out traffic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We had no reservations and they welcomed us like us family. AARP discount and a nice clean room. Staff was helpful and friendly. Centrally located and will stay there every time we are in the area. Very quiet and a delicious free breakfast. All sellections were very healthy.

• Stayed June 2013