“Off the 40 with Pets” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #102 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Oceanside, California
“Off the 40 with Pets”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel was about eh. We are traveling across country, had this room reserved a month prior but, when I called to assure we get a downstairs room, they have not had our reservation.So I re booked it and still have not seen our last deposit for reserving. Any way, the rooms are tight the beds were small,they have a "little"park next to it which there were bums at all times asking for money. I did not feel safe walking my dog there. Behind the hotel,where our room was located was like the homeless walk through in the morning. Near by is a Denny's , across the street is a gas station and some shops( that you can get in your own home town). The breakfast was just your average cereal and fruit with juice and coffee,not like their other La Quintas that had hot foods.The girl at the front desk was really nice but, the night time guy, needs to go to customer service school! My husband asked him for an extra blanket and it seemed like it was such a bother.Pool looked like fun (not heated)
Reason for picking this hotel was the words "Pet Friendly"

Room Tip: Dont get a room in the back ,too many bums Left side of the building is best.(No in and out traffic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We had no reservations and they welcomed us like us family. AARP discount and a nice clean room. Staff was helpful and friendly. Centrally located and will stay there every time we are in the area. Very quiet and a delicious free breakfast. All sellections were very healthy.

• Stayed June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

As other reviews have mentioned, traffic noise is a concern. It's very close to the 40 and on a pretty busy road.

The rooms are a bit old and need some updating, but they're clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good. It is in a good location with a lot of stuff nearby. Getting a 10% discount at Denny's which is right in front of the hotel is a bonus if you get in really late and don't feel like trekking too far to eat.

If you're travelling on the 40 and need a pit stop for 1 night, this is a good choice. Allowing pets is another big bonus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lake Jackson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. Everyone was really nice getting us checked in and bringing a crib up for my baby. Others complained about the noise and we were on the side by the road and never noticed anything. Our room was nice looking and looked like it had been recently updated. The only thing that looked outdated was the toilet/shower area but the bathroom vanity area was nice. Breakfast was just meh. Not a lot of options, but it shares a parking lot with Denny's so it would be easy to go there. My only complaint is that our toilet ran constantly so we had to listen to that all night. Otherwise everything was good!

• Stayed May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have to echo Alexandra's review. San Mateo is VERY LOUD. There's a traffic light at the corner, where trucks, motorcycles, and passenger vehicles with bad exhast systems are loud as they pull away from the light. Tuesday morning is garbage pickup - also loud. Exterior looks outdated, but rooms are comfortable. Our first room had an issue with the TV, but the front desk assigned another, better room. Very close to I-40, but never heard that traffic.

• Stayed April 2013
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Never disappointed ! Good location near I-25 and I-40. Beds are always great as well as showers.They are very friendly and take walk ins without raising the rate. Valve is excellent and property is clean and safe. I will stop again when traveling thru the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This La Quinta is in a great location for travel. Close to the interstate, mall, and restaurants
Staff was very pleasant and easy to take walk in reservations. I have stayed here before and will again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family