“Trip Home”

Ranked #112 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Hayward, Wisconsin, USA
“Trip Home”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This La Quinta is in a great location for travel. Close to the interstate, mall, and restaurants
Staff was very pleasant and easy to take walk in reservations. I have stayed here before and will again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at this facility on the way to Phoenix. The location while convenient I suppose is EXTREMELY loud. Surprisingly it seemed to be San Mateo that was louder than the highway! Many cars sounded like they were practically drag racing down the street. This hotel was motel style, which is also never my preference. The rooms seemed outdated though clean. This facility could really use an update. The lobby and breakfast area was more updated than the rooms but incredibly small. People were standing to eat. The staff seemed nice and the breakfast was decent. The WIFI was not working. I would have rather paid $10 more to stay at the other location to avoid the street noise!

Room Tip: Stay at the other La Quinta
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wasn't crazy about parking next to a quiet street but the hotel had security keeping an eye oneverything so that was nice. Hotel staff were very nice. Room were really clean.
Was easy access back onto I-25 and I-40.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Arizona. Traveling with cats, the options are limited. I must say that I was a little chagrinned to see a much nicer looking LaQuinta about 5-7 miles further west.
The room was clean. The bathroom and towels were about 2-star quality. The TV choices were quite limited. Location was reasonably convenient to downtown Albuquerque but not optimal. However, it is located within 1/2 mile of I-40. The breakfast was, I guess, no worse than at any other LaQuinta except that the coffee was not fresh. They did have "light" yogurt and a variety of cereals. Price was VERY reasonable, and we were able to park directly outside our room. That was convenient for unloading all the cat stuff. OK for a pit stop. But would not recommend for anything else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Right off the highway 40 this hotel offers a clean, friendly and convenient option for the weary traveller.

I love La Quinta hotels because with no problem and no pet fee I can bring my dog AND my cat when traveling. Guaranteed. No problem. This had made this my chain if choice.

This particular hotel was no exception. Very clean. Good bed. Lots of parking. Denny's Restaurant attached and while not my favorite choice it is at least reliable. Friendly and helpful staff. Great and fair price. Onsite laundry.

Don't overlook this option if you are on the road and need a reliable hotel for a night or two.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank lindam79
Las Cruces
Reviewed February 22, 2013

For the last 2 years I have stayed at La quinta San Mateo, ABQ frequently. While the hotel may not be the best physically, the staff are by far the most helpful I have encountered anywhere. My most recent vist exemplifies this. Although I had checked out early in the morning, they allowed me to check back in at no charge, sice I had another appointment later in the day and had no place to work while I waited for my next appointment.. They allowed me access to the fax and eagerly helped me. I have known the staff for a couple of years , and this type of service is offered by them consistantly. I will continue to book at this property, even though there are many choices in the Albuquerque area. The staff are friendly and pride themselves in providing the best experience for their guests

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Appropriately priced, adequate accommodations. Neighborhood is a bit gritty. Located close to attractions such as National Museum of Nuclear Science (a must-see!). Easy to find, and one block away from two bus lines (Take No 8 [Manaul at San Mateo] to go to the downtown transit center). Staff is very helpful, but working with aging equipment. Standard La Quinta breakfast area. Exterior entry to all rooms. Chain restaurants (average) are in the area within walking distance. I would recommend for budget-conscious single or couples, but not for family. I suggest families select from the two other La Quinta's in ABQ.

Room Tip: Check room before unpacking; A/C-heater working, Wi-Fi signal strength, etc.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple