“san mateo hotel in Albuquerque.”

Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo
Ranked #109 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
A TripAdvisor Member
Lone Tree, Colorado, USA
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wasn't crazy about parking next to a quiet street but the hotel had security keeping an eye oneverything so that was nice. Hotel staff were very nice. Room were really clean.
Was easy access back onto I-25 and I-40.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Arizona. Traveling with cats, the options are limited. I must say that I was a little chagrinned to see a much nicer looking LaQuinta about 5-7 miles further west.
The room was clean. The bathroom and towels were about 2-star quality. The TV choices were quite limited. Location was reasonably convenient to downtown Albuquerque but not optimal. However, it is located within 1/2 mile of I-40. The breakfast was, I guess, no worse than at any other LaQuinta except that the coffee was not fresh. They did have "light" yogurt and a variety of cereals. Price was VERY reasonable, and we were able to park directly outside our room. That was convenient for unloading all the cat stuff. OK for a pit stop. But would not recommend for anything else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Right off the highway 40 this hotel offers a clean, friendly and convenient option for the weary traveller.

I love La Quinta hotels because with no problem and no pet fee I can bring my dog AND my cat when traveling. Guaranteed. No problem. This had made this my chain if choice.

This particular hotel was no exception. Very clean. Good bed. Lots of parking. Denny's Restaurant attached and while not my favorite choice it is at least reliable. Friendly and helpful staff. Great and fair price. Onsite laundry.

Don't overlook this option if you are on the road and need a reliable hotel for a night or two.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank lindam79
Reviewed February 22, 2013

For the last 2 years I have stayed at La quinta San Mateo, ABQ frequently. While the hotel may not be the best physically, the staff are by far the most helpful I have encountered anywhere. My most recent vist exemplifies this. Although I had checked out early in the morning, they allowed me to check back in at no charge, sice I had another appointment later in the day and had no place to work while I waited for my next appointment.. They allowed me access to the fax and eagerly helped me. I have known the staff for a couple of years , and this type of service is offered by them consistantly. I will continue to book at this property, even though there are many choices in the Albuquerque area. The staff are friendly and pride themselves in providing the best experience for their guests

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Appropriately priced, adequate accommodations. Neighborhood is a bit gritty. Located close to attractions such as National Museum of Nuclear Science (a must-see!). Easy to find, and one block away from two bus lines (Take No 8 [Manaul at San Mateo] to go to the downtown transit center). Staff is very helpful, but working with aging equipment. Standard La Quinta breakfast area. Exterior entry to all rooms. Chain restaurants (average) are in the area within walking distance. I would recommend for budget-conscious single or couples, but not for family. I suggest families select from the two other La Quinta's in ABQ.

Room Tip: Check room before unpacking; A/C-heater working, Wi-Fi signal strength, etc.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morris-Madison
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The bathtub was a little old but for the price, it is an excellent choice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and roomy..My only complaint was I had a man approach me in the parking lot for money so he could get something to eat at the Denny's in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Donna J
A TripAdvisor Member
Olathe, Kansas, USA
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The La Quinta on San Mateo is located just off of I-40 and easy to find. I did not realize the hotel was actually a motel until I arrived. The area of town was average. The rooms were average at best but the view of the mountains were fantastic. We Pricelined the room and felt the price was adaquate to the condition (average/below average).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family