“Highly underrated” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #102 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Melbourne, Florida
“Highly underrated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Right off the highway 40 this hotel offers a clean, friendly and convenient option for the weary traveller.

I love La Quinta hotels because with no problem and no pet fee I can bring my dog AND my cat when traveling. Guaranteed. No problem. This had made this my chain if choice.

This particular hotel was no exception. Very clean. Good bed. Lots of parking. Denny's Restaurant attached and while not my favorite choice it is at least reliable. Friendly and helpful staff. Great and fair price. Onsite laundry.

Don't overlook this option if you are on the road and need a reliable hotel for a night or two.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Linda M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Las Cruces
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

For the last 2 years I have stayed at La quinta San Mateo, ABQ frequently. While the hotel may not be the best physically, the staff are by far the most helpful I have encountered anywhere. My most recent vist exemplifies this. Although I had checked out early in the morning, they allowed me to check back in at no charge, sice I had another appointment later in the day and had no place to work while I waited for my next appointment.. They allowed me access to the fax and eagerly helped me. I have known the staff for a couple of years , and this type of service is offered by them consistantly. I will continue to book at this property, even though there are many choices in the Albuquerque area. The staff are friendly and pride themselves in providing the best experience for their guests

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Appropriately priced, adequate accommodations. Neighborhood is a bit gritty. Located close to attractions such as National Museum of Nuclear Science (a must-see!). Easy to find, and one block away from two bus lines (Take No 8 [Manaul at San Mateo] to go to the downtown transit center). Staff is very helpful, but working with aging equipment. Standard La Quinta breakfast area. Exterior entry to all rooms. Chain restaurants (average) are in the area within walking distance. I would recommend for budget-conscious single or couples, but not for family. I suggest families select from the two other La Quinta's in ABQ.

Room Tip: Check room before unpacking; A/C-heater working, Wi-Fi signal strength, etc.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Morris-Madison
Waterloo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

The bathtub was a little old but for the price, it is an excellent choice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and roomy..My only complaint was I had a man approach me in the parking lot for money so he could get something to eat at the Denny's in front of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Donna J
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

The La Quinta on San Mateo is located just off of I-40 and easy to find. I did not realize the hotel was actually a motel until I arrived. The area of town was average. The rooms were average at best but the view of the mountains were fantastic. We Pricelined the room and felt the price was adaquate to the condition (average/below average).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Room was okay but the bathroom was NOT even close. The bathroom was dirty and old looking. There were stains on the wall that could have easily been taken care of by housekeeping. The room was clean but outdated. The location is perfect though. Right off the freeway.

• Stayed December 2012