“Very affordable accommodation”

Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo
Ranked #109 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Appropriately priced, adequate accommodations. Neighborhood is a bit gritty. Located close to attractions such as National Museum of Nuclear Science (a must-see!). Easy to find, and one block away from two bus lines (Take No 8 [Manaul at San Mateo] to go to the downtown transit center). Staff is very helpful, but working with aging equipment. Standard La Quinta breakfast area. Exterior entry to all rooms. Chain restaurants (average) are in the area within walking distance. I would recommend for budget-conscious single or couples, but not for family. I suggest families select from the two other La Quinta's in ABQ.

Room Tip: Check room before unpacking; A/C-heater working, Wi-Fi signal strength, etc.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Morris-Madison

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The bathtub was a little old but for the price, it is an excellent choice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and roomy..My only complaint was I had a man approach me in the parking lot for money so he could get something to eat at the Denny's in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Donna J
A TripAdvisor Member
Olathe, Kansas, USA
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The La Quinta on San Mateo is located just off of I-40 and easy to find. I did not realize the hotel was actually a motel until I arrived. The area of town was average. The rooms were average at best but the view of the mountains were fantastic. We Pricelined the room and felt the price was adaquate to the condition (average/below average).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Room was okay but the bathroom was NOT even close. The bathroom was dirty and old looking. There were stains on the wall that could have easily been taken care of by housekeeping. The room was clean but outdated. The location is perfect though. Right off the freeway.

• Stayed: December 2012
A La Quinta traveler
Chandler, Arizona, USA
Reviewed December 20, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Wow! This place is lousy! I'd spent the two previous nights at other La Quinta's (Twin Falls and Moab) while driving from Oregon to Texas and this basically *is* a Motel 6. It's right off I-40, which is convenient, but the neighborhood is shady and there's no where to take my dog to go to the bathroom. There's a residential neighborhood behind the hotel, so I had to walk her around there. As a single woman traveler, I didn't feel 100% safe here. If I hadn't been with my dog, who's very protective, I wouldn't have stayed. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. It definitely have a nicer feel than a Motel 6, but the doors are on the exterior of the building and it just didn't seem like the safest area. Kind if disappointed in La Quinta for this one.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank ivyvyne1
A TripAdvisor Member
Clovis, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The location was great for us it was convente for our business streets. Service was excellent Staff was very helpful in regards to answer questions. Rooms were very clean. & the beds were awesome, oh and pillows were great. The price was fanastic. And they also had Denny's Resturant. It is a wonderful place for the price you pay. And if I ever have to go back to Albuq I will definetly stay at this La Quinta Inn I-40/San Mateo. Just keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family