“Room with a view”

Ranked #102 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
A TripAdvisor Member
“Room with a view”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The La Quinta on San Mateo is located just off of I-40 and easy to find. I did not realize the hotel was actually a motel until I arrived. The area of town was average. The rooms were average at best but the view of the mountains were fantastic. We Pricelined the room and felt the price was adaquate to the condition (average/below average).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Room was okay but the bathroom was NOT even close. The bathroom was dirty and old looking. There were stains on the wall that could have easily been taken care of by housekeeping. The room was clean but outdated. The location is perfect though. Right off the freeway.

• Stayed December 2012
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Wow! This place is lousy! I'd spent the two previous nights at other La Quinta's (Twin Falls and Moab) while driving from Oregon to Texas and this basically *is* a Motel 6. It's right off I-40, which is convenient, but the neighborhood is shady and there's no where to take my dog to go to the bathroom. There's a residential neighborhood behind the hotel, so I had to walk her around there. As a single woman traveler, I didn't feel 100% safe here. If I hadn't been with my dog, who's very protective, I wouldn't have stayed. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. It definitely have a nicer feel than a Motel 6, but the doors are on the exterior of the building and it just didn't seem like the safest area. Kind if disappointed in La Quinta for this one.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank ivyvyne1

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The location was great for us it was convente for our business streets. Service was excellent Staff was very helpful in regards to answer questions. Rooms were very clean. & the beds were awesome, oh and pillows were great. The price was fanastic. And they also had Denny's Resturant. It is a wonderful place for the price you pay. And if I ever have to go back to Albuq I will definetly stay at this La Quinta Inn I-40/San Mateo. Just keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Joplin, Missouri, USA
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Overall a poor stay. The flush ball on the toilet was old and continued to leak allowing toilet to flush by itself every 5 minutes. There was a crack in the little door above the shower to access the ceiling and it had been filled with paper towels which were hanging down to prevent leakage. One thin blanket for the bed was provided and was not sufficient. It was very noisy for a good part of the night. Walls are thin and one can hear the next door TV droning on during the night.. Also, internet would connect and then shut off and stop connection. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The room was clean .the biggest problem was the housekeeping they didn't change your sheets like they are supposed to. I only let them in 3x's and each time they did a half job cleaning up. Didn't even change my sheets! But for the price you can't expect it to be all that amazing. It's about a mile away from mall and uptown so the location is pretty easy to get to and from. I took a taxi most of the time and it was fine and not really that expensive. Like 7 bucks to get from hotel to the mall. 20 bucks to get from hotel to old town. For a cheap place to stay that doesn't have bugs and stuff I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012