Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo
Ranked #109 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Nice renovated hotel, friendly and clean. It was also in a good central location. I did not eat, but my husband brought me good coffee

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I checked in and relaxed for a few minutes. When I went in the bathroom a LARGE cockroach was taking a leisurely stroll along the edge of the tub/shower. I was thunderstruck, phoned the front desk and told the clerk to check me out immediately. I quickly put my luggage back in my car and headed to the office. I demanded to have a reservation made at a different La Quinta in town and got a copy of my zero balance folio.

I had stayed once before at this property and should have known better than to return, but I thought the location might have improved. Not so, please avoid this La Quinta. I'm a top-tier Elite Returns guest and this is the second-worst La Quinta in the USA (the worst is in Bristol TN). Shame on La Quinta for allowing this motel to carry the brand name.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dianne47
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stay at LaQuintas when traveling cross country twice a year because of their pet friendly policy. This one is at the bottom of the acceptable quality for the chain. Price is low but the hotel is dated and the neighborhood is borderline. I felt personally safe but I was concerned about luggage in my car (no problems though) and I would not have felt safe for my wife if she were traveling alone to stay there and walk a dog.

1  Thank RSB461
A TripAdvisor Member
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We traveled to Albuquerque on short notice to attend a funeral of a family member who passed unexpectedly. I was able to quickly reserve a room online and not have to worry about where we were going to stay during the long drive to Albuquerque. La Quinta provided us with a clean and comfortable room for the 2 days we stayed in Albuquerque. The staff was friendly and the free Wi-fi was convenient for allowing me to stay in touch with my customers. The continental breakfast saved us time and money on a very rushed trip. I also appreciated the iron and ironing board in the room so we could press our clothes for the funeral. Being with family at this time was the most important thing and La Quinta made it easy for me to focus on that goal.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family