“Clean and comfortable - good value”

Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo
Ranked #110 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
A TripAdvisor Member
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We traveled to Albuquerque on short notice to attend a funeral of a family member who passed unexpectedly. I was able to quickly reserve a room online and not have to worry about where we were going to stay during the long drive to Albuquerque. La Quinta provided us with a clean and comfortable room for the 2 days we stayed in Albuquerque. The staff was friendly and the free Wi-fi was convenient for allowing me to stay in touch with my customers. The continental breakfast saved us time and money on a very rushed trip. I also appreciated the iron and ironing board in the room so we could press our clothes for the funeral. Being with family at this time was the most important thing and La Quinta made it easy for me to focus on that goal.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Clovis, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed May 9, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My long survey/review was based on LaQuinta Loveland Colorado, which is a four-year old hotel and very, very nice. San Mateo is an older motel, but nicely kept up. Staff could make some rounds and clean up rugs in front of doors. City park is next to building for walking pets, but the City doesn't keep up the park very well. I did a some cleanup while I was walking my little dog because there was glass on the pathway. One reason we try to stay at the LaQuintas is because they are pet-friendly and it behooves each of us pet owners to clean up after our animals. LaQuinta is doing us a big favor by allowing pets. Most motels/hotels don't do that unless you pay a hefty pet fee.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple