“Decent for downtown Albuquerque”
Review of Hotel Andaluz

Hotel Andaluz
Ranked #9 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Having previously lived in Albuquerque and knowing what downtown was like at night, I made my reservation at the Hotel Andaluz with some concern. As others have noted below, the area has a lot of homeless and other unsavory characters.

My arrival was pleasant. Check in was a bit slow, but friendly. The valet parking ($16/day) was nice, but not terribly well manned - I had to in search of a valet at least twice.

The room was very small, but comfortable - especially the bed. As with so many hotels these days, the bathroom is beyond tiny. One must very nearly enter the bathtub in order to close the door.

One feature I appreciated very much was the free entry to the health club across the street.

I don't know if I'll stay here again in the future, but I'd recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gcmanke2

Reviewed September 14, 2010

Nice hotel that is centrally located. They have a lot of activities during weekends (tango nights on saturday nights) so it can get noisy sometimes so, request a room on the uppermost floors upon check-in. The rooms are clean - and with a toddler around, that is what matters most. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dokipam
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Beautiful hotel. The decor is modern, upscale with a southwest aesthetic. Our room was beautiful and had a great view. When we checked in we were moved to a room that would be quiet because there was an event and the staff were concerned that we would find it too noisy.

The Good: decor, upscale furnishings, great view.

The Bad: staff seemed uncomfortable with the gays...when I checked in with my partner we were offered a pull-out bed...room was set up for one man and one woman...there were male and female robes and slippers...I had to wear drag...service in lobby bar was terrible. Kind os scary walking around at night. Lots of homeless people/shady types in the vicinity of the hotel.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2010

This is an incredibly beautiful hotel with excellent service and remarkably low rates. It's tempting to spend hours lounging in the lobby with its exotically appointed alcoves or reading in the artistic library. But the rooms are lovely too with large flat screen TVs and plenty of space. The location is great, within walking distance of good restaurants and about as close as you can get to the convention center. I stayed for a few days when I was in town for a meeting and came back with my husband to enjoy it again. I wish there was a Hotel Andaluz everywhere I go.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank madamson
Reviewed August 25, 2010

For the past few months our company has had a corporate account at this hotel and have been sending all of our highest VIP clientele to stay here. Absolutely wonderful service, always friendly and helpful for all of our requests, no matter what they may be. Everyone we have sent here has been blown away by the beautiful and spacious rooms as well as the hospitality. We definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a fantastic place to stay in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank celluloidtrav
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Great hotel. Near downtwon. Clean and large rooms. Great staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DMalone62
Reviewed August 24, 2010

What a treat to stay at the Andaluz! Our annual "sister trip" concluded in ABQ. I wanted a nice hotel near downtown and the airport. Booked through their web page and used a special they had posted. There was a delay at check in and we were upgraded. I imagine all the rooms are fabulous. The weekends can be noisey, but the energy is fun. Check in service is slow, and ice is not available unless you call for it. This can be problematic at busy times. You may get service right away or wait an hour, We enjoyed cocktails on their roof-top bar (get there early to get a seat), but we loved our spacious room so much that we could not wait to go back. We had a huge bath/sink area, king bed, sofa and chairs, nice full length mirror, modern sitting stool, great desk with free internet, mini-bar,wall moounted flat creen TV. I would like to see a coffee maker in room, and self-service ice machine on the floor. (although later I found a 7 Eleven 2 blocks away). We did not dine at the Andaluz for lack of time, but a short drive to Nob Hill Area for some cute restaurants near UNM and shopping. Location is great. Valet parking service staff were friendly & fast. The self park is next door should prefer. One more thing..the Hotel is not marked on the outside very well. The building is plain,and the restaurant sign more noticable. We drove around in circles for a while. Once inside the lobby, you will definitely smile. I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010