“HOLY CRAP!!! Amazing experience, great backdrop for wedding photos”
Review of Hotel Andaluz

Hotel Andaluz
Ranked #8 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Staff is friendly, helpful. Rooms are plush and comfortable. We shot some amazing wedding photos there. Lovely Lovely time.

1  Thank byejune3317
Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed January 29, 2010

As a G.M and Executive Chef of a luxury resort and boutique hotel,. I am not an easy person to impress, So upon going to Albuquerque for my birthday and booking a room at the Andaluz, I was blown away... Service by all of the staff was impeccable, The rooms, were elegant and appointed with fine linens and quality amenities, sharp clean lines give the rooms a unique style, I would call "swanky". Each member of the staff, regardless of their position from the housekeepers to the manager, upon encountering them would inquire as to how our stay was. Dinner in Lucia was very good,..and again each staff member was attentive to any need we could have had. Dinner reservations were for Two people, and after meeting two local friends the restaurant accomodated us without a blink of an eye to add the other two at such last minute. A newer renovated hotel, as well as an old hotel can encounter misteps,..the few that we encountered such as a few lightbulbs being out, were handled immediately, and the shower , the way it is designed lets water spill out of the spaces between the doors, which actually allowed us to enjoy the old fashioned clawfoot tubs they have in the rooms.
The Mezzanine area was appointed nicely with information regarding area info and touch screen interactive videos. The Lobby has the grandeur of elegance from era's past. Yet a very comfortable feel to "lounge" and hang with friends. I highly recommend this property and look forward to next visit to Albuquerque, in the warmer months to experience the new Bar to be completed and enjoy the outside areas. Kudos to the staff of turning this renovated grand dame into a comfortable, clean, relaxing hotel, while maintaining the Green standards they worked to incorporate into it.

1  Thank Abit
Reviewed January 26, 2010

The Hotel Andaluz delivered on every promise made in its advertising! The hotel's stunning decor grabs you immediately in a a lobby which features semi-private gathering/drinking/conversation areas. The South Western art throughout the hotel was very impressive. The rooms are comfortable and well laid out. Our bed was especially plush and restful. We truly appreciated all the room amenities including a roomy shower, bath robes, signature soap and lotion, and ample closet space. Though there were a host of great restaurant options in the city, we only ate in hotel restaurant. The service was first rate and the food, at two breakfasts and a dinner made our romantic visit more than worthwhile. I was especially impressed with The Andaluz' reception area, where you actually sit at a desk and check in. We found the staff to be very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend the Andaluz to anyone looking for a memorable stay in Albuquerque!

1  Thank NYMDL
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I arrived at the Hotel Andaluz in a tizzy... A nearby pharmacy had dropped the ball on a prescription renewal I thought would be ready for pick up...it was rush hour on the freeway...and I managed to find the hotel with only minutes to spare before a dinner meeting with clients.

...and at the front desk I discovered that my reservation had been made for the wrong date...Could have been a train wreck ! But instead the hotel's Teresa Reyes managed to calm me down with assurances that a comfortable room awaited in any event. Her steady charm put me at ease. She recommended a reliable pharmacy that would deliver said prescription in the morning...and even followed through to be sure her colleague on the morning shift checked in to insure I had what I needed for a successful stay.

Service beyond the call of duty...to be remembered for the next time I visit Albuquerque !
Thanks Teresa !

1  Thank DATNewberg
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I'm writing this review from my room at the Hotel Andaluz. It's a pretty cool place. Old downtown hotel that has been extensively remodeled in a very nice updated style that still keeps remnants of the old place (which I'd never seen, but can catch glimpses of in the architecture and details). Some very cool design details. Lobby is fantastic with cool little nooks which would be great for hanging out with drinks and friends. Room is very nicely appointed. Bathroom is fairly tiny as might be expected in an older hotel, but it's also very nicely appointed. Great huge Samsung LCD HD TV (I hate it when hotels have nice TVs but don't get the HD service to go with it, no such problem here, picture is great). WIFI is very fast and FREE! Staff may not be the smoothest I've ever seen, but boy are they eager to please. You can tell they are very proud of the place and want you to like it. It's working - I like it. I'll be back.

Oh yeah, had dinner in the restaurant. Very nice. Good not great food, but certainly above average and I would gladly return. Would definitely enjoy the patio in warmer weather and would also enjoy having drinks in the cool lobby sometime.

I've only stayed at a couple of Albuquerque hotels, but I'd definitely put this at the top so far, particularly if you want to be close to downtown.

1  Thank Midlandcat
Reviewed January 24, 2010

The $40 million, 4-year restoration has once again made this historic hotel elegant. Our accomodations, with a separate sitting room, were impecable and spacious. The staff was professional and attentive. The food fabulous. We enjoyed our week stay and highly reccomend the Hotel Andaluz to anyone considering a stay in Albuquerque. The downtown location is central and conveniently located for many area attractions.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HolidaysAndSun
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I stayed at hotel Andaluz for a period of three days and enjoyed my stay very much. The hotel staffs were very nice and courteous and it seemed they were always glad to help in any way they could. I am especially thankful to Brian Rael for giving me a ride to the airport. Brian saw me waiting for the taxi, which for some reason did not turn up on time. Realizing that I was getting late for my flight, Brian offered to give me a ride up to the airport which I gladly accepted. I really appreciated Brian’s help in this situation, because of which I was able to catch my flight on time. I gladly recommend hotel Andaluz to anyone coming to Albuquerque.

1  Thank jgd-abq